Returning player can't access purchased content

Hello everyone. I’ve been playing StarCraft since I was kid. I purchased SC2 Wings of Liberty in 2010 and Heart of the Swarm in 2013. Still when you purchased them on boxes with the printed key.

Unfortunately, my PC got stolen back then and until now I bought a new one and hoped back to StarCraft. I know, 7 years is a lot of time. But I was surprised to the fact that when I launched the game, I needed to create a new profile and didn’t have access to Heart of the Swarm even though I had it purchased on my Battle.net account. All of my achievements and profile pictures are gone, probably the content was stored in the HDD and not in Battle net server, no matter. But it concerns me I lost access to the content I paid for no matter it was 8 years ago.
Before submitting a ticket, I’d like to know if this was a change or could my StarCraft II account may have been deleted due to inactivity.

Hey Aeutherius,

Sorry to hear about the missing progress and purchases. We don’t delete inactive accounts, so your purchases and progress will still be out there somewhere.

We sometimes see problems like this happen when a returning player comes back but uses a different email address to log into Battle.net. Since all of your progress is saved to the Battle.net account, if you’re using a different account than you used originally then you wouldn’t have everything from before.

Try recalling any old or alternate email addresses that you might have used to log into Battle.net with. I can see that the account you’re posting from was created within the last couple of years, so if you played back in 2010 and 2013 this wouldn’t have been the same account.

If you need help recovering the original account you can submit a ticket and include the game keys and any other details that might help locate the account.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind answer. I’ve only been back to Battle.net for 2 days and I am already amazed by the Customer Support team. I wil submit a ticket and look more into this. Thanks a lot!

Hey! As a matter of fact, I found an old account under an e-mail I don’t use since Junior High!! And indeed this one has the game license. Thank you so much!! I’d never tried this e-mail if it wasn’t for you! @Jambrix