[Request] Tunnelling Horror: Have Brutalisks Deep Burrow with Roach/Ravager

Currently with Abathur’s “Tunnelling Horror” prestige, if you select the entire army and Deep Burrow with your Roaches or Ravagers, the Brutalisks get left behind even though they have the same ability. While it’s easily remedied by Deep Tunnelling them separately, it can mean the difference between life and death for a few units if you Deep Tunnel them into an enemy army (since Brutalisks are good at tanking damage and dealing with large numbers of small units like Zerglings).

I would like to request that if you command the Roaches or Ravagers to Deep Burrow, it gives the same order to any Brutalisks in the selection (I admit I haven’t tested how Swarm Hosts respond yet).

4 Likes

The Brutalisks normally get tunneled first, because they are first in selection… so Dclick tab Dclick

1 Like

True, it’s easily worked around in that regard, but Ravagers appear before Brutalisks, so they are the ones that get tunnelled first (along with the Roaches). It tends to get a bit trickier if you have Vipers in the mix as well, although those should be on a separate hotkey regardless.

Yeah rav appears first, but easily remedied by select → tab → tunnel → re-select → tunnel again. Although this mechanic is honestly more trouble than it is worth most of the time.

I suggested this as well.

I was told that it was a different ability, much like Zeratul and an army of DT’s.

if you have all your units selected, the brutalisks should DT first, as stated in my post above. You have to ‘tab’ to the roaches/ravangers , then DT to where you DT’d your brutalisks

1 Like

Almost correct, but Ravagers have a higher priority than Brutalisks due to their activated combat ability - you have to tab to the Brutalisks first, then re-select to tab to the Roach/Ravager combo. It’s not the end of the world though if this cannot or will not be changed.

1 Like

huh. I don’t make ravengers, lol.

No worries - I didn’t make Ravagers for a long time, then I discovered how good they are against air units and Terran bio (once you upgrade their splash radius)!

Yeah, as an aside here, anyone having trouble leveling Abathur (for whatever reason) can try Ravagers. Very good against everything… but you need to mass… as all things go.

Agreed, I know this can be done with tab click but there is no reason to be this tedious.
Simplicity is always the best solution.

4 Likes