Redesigning each race

The protoss came before the Draenei, and the gold armor is supposed to accenuate their holy-warrior theme.

So just regular draenei then?

You do realize draenei come from another planet and have magic spaceships, right?

Also, I think this is literally the first time I’ve heard someone call the protoss a ripoff of the draenei and not visa versa.

2 Likes

Regular Draenei crash their spaceships on a daily basis. Give the Protoss some credits.

Draenei ripped off the Sc1 Protoss and then were ripped off by the Sc2 Protoss. It’s the creative equivalent of Alabama :confused:

3 Likes

I never felt like the Draenei were rip-offs of the SC1 Protoss. If they’re supposed to be, I just don’t see it other than both races looking futuristic.

The Protoss in the LotV opening Cinematic look absolutely phenomenal. In game they just are a little too muscular and the gold in their armor is a little too bright. Probably where the comparisons to the Draenei are coming from.

Also they have too many units that are orbs. Less orbs please, more sharp angles.

6 Likes

Regular Draenei have never crashed a single spaceship.

All three crashed dimensional ships were piloted by Naaru, not Draenei. The only Draenei driven ship is the Vindicar, which is not a dimensional ship and has never come close to crashing.

IS THIS THE REAL PHLYNCH???
THE PHLYNCH I KNOW???

[This exists to reach the 10 character minimum and to convince the software that my post is a complete sentence]

2 Likes

That depends, are you the Samariyu who plays a forsaken and wants to kill me so we can be friends?

Definitely sounds like our Sam.

Nyarrooooooooooon :3

Then yes, I am the Phynch that you know.

How have you been?

1 Like

Aroused by the slow decline of Blizzard.

You?

Enjoying most blizzard products that aren’t connected to WoW actually.

I just wish we could get more story content for Starcraft and HotS.

Story for the Heroes of the Storm? How do they suppose to do that? (From your opinion, I mean.)

They had comics leading up to Orphea’s release. They just need to keep doing that.

Plus the current Mechastorm event has a story, they could put some more effort on making that story more engaging instead of an excuse plot.

MOBAs and story has always been an odd thing.

Honestly I liked RL more when he was just a snarky announcer.

The Orphea comics were such a bitter disappointment. All these iconic characters in one place and we spend our time on the bland family drama of one of the map announcers. Only Cain even had a real role in the story.

Orphea is one of the reasons I am not even mad I can’t play HotS anymore.

Believe it or not I am still running on 32.

This about HotS comics? I heard those were a little “eh”.

They’re only “eh” to people who wanted them to be about existing characters instead of HotS’s own cast. By themselves they’re fine, if a little short.