Re-Releasing Previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for Purchase: A Suggestion

Hey dude, thanks for replying once more, the thread would’ve died long time ago if it wasn’t for you, so I always appreciate your participation.

Well… I just started playing the game late-2019 (I tried it a little back in 2010), so I cannot tell much about consoles having been released for sale (I noticed they were permanently available for purchase since day one from my true debut).

I don’t know if I would’ve been happy if I had purchased War Chests, only if I played years earlier, because I picked my current gamer nickname, which I’m really happy with, late-2019 as well.

By the way, with this one, we finally hit comment number 100, let’s hope many other peeps will participate.

2 Likes

Fear of Missing Out and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder respectively.

2 Likes

I hope sales for the many cosmetics will take place eventually, despite I’m not extremly optimistic, I still have hopes for that to happen.

I cannot really tell if it’s intentional that they’re leaving plenty of Augments visible, yet unobtainable. As I stated many times throughout the thread, it doesn’t make any sense, when you can just remove them… It does really become an unpleasant reminder for the people who couldn’t obtain them back in the day. Remember, not all players played non-stop from the get-go, and many others maybe couldn’t because of financial problems or worse ones, and let’s not forget about the newcomers eager to spend their hard-earned money on Augments (from War Chests).

3 Likes

Today has 102 members replied and at least viewers number has 813 currently that was good or not?
Anyway i need to know how a blizzard employer check this forum and open sales.

Oh by the way i must remind this. Some blizzcon exclusives are opens to sale right such as classic worker skins and D.va announcer who was in the Overwatch Hero (and Starcraft pro player in Overwatch mentioned)

When im buying Warchest 1 and 4 skins(warchest 4 is building set of warchest 1 set except zerg) for terrans and protoss i thought they giving banners decals and consoles aswell but they didint.
İ was buyed as bundle for both races yet im not asking give me free cosmetics im asking just opening all previous warchest cosmetics is that wrong? and also im buyed consoles when they are opened to sales dont forget

2 Likes

Now i ask you buddy im buying unit and building skin bundles they should be give other cosmetics of this sets? İf so i deserve addintional rewards.

1 Like

Hi again dude, sorry for the late reply, I’ve been busy with some college work lately.

It’s not about Blizzard employers reading and deciding just what they think it’s a great idea or concept, since they base their decisions on the amount of likes and views these have, since this, most likely, reflects what the community also thinks it’s a good idea/concept. However, not all times this is an accurate way of deciding what’s actually a good idea (or concept), since many aspects of the game which add up to the fun you have with the game itself, aren’t related to the everyday and always popular Race Balance. This thread, I think, it’s an example of that, since no one takes the time for, either positive or negative feedback, and decides to ignore it, since it doesn’t affect playability, what is what most people, for good or bad, care. I’d say what should be done is to take into account the most popular threads of each aspect one could think of: Race Balancing, Bug Fixes, Cosmetics, New Features, and so on.

Now that you’ve mentioned those examples of few past War Chest contents being available for purchase, I should add it’s a good start, and a returning concept, so offering past contents isn’t something people are unfamiliar with.

2 Likes

Sadly, the FOMO Psychonaut mentioned above is what makes what you’re saying, impossible, despite how much one could want past Augments to be offered with Skin Sets.

2 Likes

im not that psycho player but im really feared about finishing my set

İ swear i just want finish my set/combo nothing more. since im missing Warchest 4 im condemn myself

2 Likes

But since customer support Leviatan was forget who was in the control but says I’m not a Bliz employee, so unfortunately I have no control or influence over Bliz’s decisions. I’m just here to give my support to releasing previous War Chest content in some way or another.

2 Likes

Hey dude, thanks for replying once more.

In my case, I’d be glad if I got the Ghost and Black Ops Sprays, and the Ghost and Special Forces Decals. I’m not keen on getting Emoticons, but I may add them to the list I posted if any of them is of my interest (remember, anyone willing to share his/her favorite Augments is absoluty free to do so. In fact, I encourage it).

My goal is to have a fully matching combination of Skins, Sprays, Decals, Console, and Announcer (Emoticons may be added later if I decide to have an honest look at them). Since I cannot rely on Blizzard releasing Purifier and/or Primal Building Skins, I must only limit myself to what I truly love, which is Terran (Dominion Special Forces, Covert Ops Crew, and Ghosts in general).

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cannot really understand what you said there. Would you mind rephrasing it, please?

2 Likes

İ hope you understand this time

He was telling i have no control on sales but he doesn’t tell who was control on sales

2 Likes

I can’t speak definitively because I’m not privy to the details, but generally speaking it’s the game developers (for all Bliz games) who make all the decisions. Decisions natually trickle down through various departments, but it’s usually the devs at the top controlling things.

2 Likes

Well partner did you matched any race set?(except banner and decal)

My Terran has full set of special forces skins and console. Nova banner portrait and announcer but i use currently 20th year of StarCraft. Looks good but i like holographic special forces decal.

For my Protoss has full set of Forge/Tal’darim skins and console. Alarak announcer portrait but 2 protoss specific items seat of the highlord banner and Tal’darim decal. İ use classic nexus banner and Tal’darim warcrest decal but they are not closing their difference but if i had a chance to earn with money i will not miss it and i will purchase instantly my missing exclusive items (special forces decal, tal’darim decal and seat of the highlord banner)

Or you are missed any piece of previous warchest cosmetics buddy. You should also showing them if you want. İ was written on above now.

From i understanding your goal you want finish special forces skins and you like primal zerg and purifier protoss but i assume or my wishful thinking mind. They will pull back their stopped about ‘‘no paid purchase’’ stuff im not know about coop commanders but they can continue on warchests (because E-sports i guess or completing missing building skins)

Zerg missing building skins:Leviathan and Primal (also Leviathan console, banner and decal missing too) and (Primal decal and banner too)

Terran missing building skins:Mira’s Marauders and Umojan (also Umojan console and banner missing too) and (Mira’s Marauders banner and decal missing too)

Protoss missing building skins:Golden age Protoss and Purifier (also Golden age console, banner and decal missing too) and ( Purifier banner and decal missing too)

they should end paid purchase content after warchest 8 but first blizzard should previous warchest contents open to sales.

İm not blaming blizzard but im asking nicely and im blaming myself on about missing warchest 4

4 Likes

Relax Leviathan i understand you i was written about your 2nd reply nothing more.
İ was only excited on that moment but i still hope developers checking this forum and care about players

2 Likes

What are you talking? The online shop still offers past warchest skin bundles… what about not completing all tiers of warchest on time = repurchase said warchest??

Changing this makes much more sense, especially when they plan on stop making more warchests, they should have removed the stupid timed offer to complete warchest (mind I completed EVERY other chest on time except this time)

With having two studios from Blizzard I am starting myself to look at the ones who really made Blizzard great and are now out of the Activision nonsense, not these current ones that run it. oh did I say Blizzard. There’s just Activision now, Blizzard died, only the logo still stays as some formality that it’s coming from fan favorite company

2 Likes

Our forum doesn’t about about open skin sales and we only discussing all previous warchest cosmetics.

İmportantly we are not discussing blizzard and activision what happens between this entertainments.
There are other forums discussing about blizz and activision try look there.
İ didin’t want changing topic from previous warchest cosmetics to Blizzard activision argues

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies, it’s good to see new people are taking interest in this concept. I’m currently very busy with college, but I’ll likely be replying tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!

2 Likes

Well, i’ve been able to buy all i wanted, but will be good to put everything from Warchests in store.

But more importantly here is awful attitude from Blizzard to players, it seems that they will left some skin sets without buldings. Lack of Purifier structure skins already makes me frustrated enough to the point where i don’t want to play the game.

Purifiers were my favorites not only because i like unit designs, but also because it offers color scheme of White-Black-Player’s Choice( in my case green ). Funny thing is most of Purifier structures are in game except for Dark Shrine, Shield Battery and Templar Archives.

P.s. skin sets with missing Structure skins were released prior to Ihan-rii, Cerberus and Tyrador, but even those sets have structure+unit packs. Why older sets were left without structures is hard to understand.

3 Likes

My goal are finish my Forged and Special forces sets.
İ have 1 missing on Special forces item that is special forces decal and 2 missings on Forged set this items are Seat of the highlord and taldarim decal.

İf players able to purchase all previous warchest cosmetics i will purchase too and i will keep replying until all previous warchest cosmetics (especially Taldarim decal and seat of the highlord)

by the way im waited so much to replying other players and soon 1k views.
Keep up this way let more players reply and views

3 Likes