Raven needs some love

They do, they also fight more than Oracles.

1 Like

They don’t at all. How out of touch are you?

1 Like

I do feel the mother ship needs something, but a cost reduction isn’t it. Seeing as the unit cloaks entire armies, and can bring armies to itself, both of which are incredibly powerful, I’d much rather see time warp come online faster or be a larger radius, in addition to the buff it’s currently getting (affecting both air and ground). Either of these would be pretty big because of the last buff that Time Warp got (affecting fire rate in addition to move speed). It needs to be worth the cost of getting it.

2 Likes

Ravens are designed for combat, Oracles only fight when situation gets dire or cheese because they use energy to scout/harass workers. I guess you don’t play Protoss macro game too much, do you?

1 Like

Not anymore. You never play Terran do you?

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Just because they don’t do damage doesn’t mean they aren’t designed for combat.

1 Like

Viper = Designed for combat
Ghost = Designed for combat
Infestor = Designed for combat
High Templar = Designed for combat
Raven = No longer designed for combat.

2 Likes

Can’t you just be content with dropping auto turrets behind mineral line and getting 20 drone kills for free?

1 Like

Terran can go harass mineral lines with half a dozen different things. Why would I build a Raven that only has a cast range of 2?

Also what Zerg is that incompetent that they don’t pull the drones away?

1 Like

Again, just because Ravens don’t do damage doesn’t mean they aren’t designed for combat. Their spells have a direct, and often very large influence on the battle. Being able to shut down key units or weaken entire armies by temporarily shredding armour is far bigger than you think, and I’m legitimately surprised we dont see ravens more often in Terran matchups. The only real reason for it is that they require a tech lab and a lot of gas to get. Changing both of those would practically guarantee that ravens get made in every matchup pretty much every game at high level.

I would actually argue that of all of the casters, the Raven might actually be the best designed, followed by the Viper, because they have immense utility without needing to do absurd amounts of damage - their ability to lock down or blind key units in fights can completely alter the course of the battle.

2 Likes

Can’t get excited about a free Tesla when you already have an aston martin and maclaurian in your garage, huh?

3 Likes

Imo I think the high price is fair to compensate the power they have to literaly turn games in your favor.

1 Like

Yes it does.

Why was it that only Seeker Missile was reworked and later AAM were the only AOE spells in the entire game to be stripped of all damage?.

Why was Fungal and Parabomb left alone?.

IT’s on the Infestor have a cast range of 8 and are not restricted to requiring 4 grid squares to place.

Which would be a good thing.

They don’t even remotely have that power at all.

How about you play terran(something we both know you will not do because you are a lazy whiner that spends hours on the forums) and start building Ravens like the other races do with the spellcasters they have and tell us how it goes?.

2 Likes

Infestors don’t fly.

1 Like

But they can burrow.

You can’t burrow across cliffs though

1 Like

But you can NP targets from cliffs.

Neural isn’t very good for worker harassment.

1 Like

Why the obsession with worker harassment potential when the Raven should be better at actually supporting armies?.

It’s already good at harassment.

2 Likes