Ranks are still messed up 3 months going. (Over/undervalued)

Hi.

This still hasn’t been fixed in over 3 months.
As a “MMR” Bronze 1 I am ranked Silver 1/almost Gold.
I am facing everything from Bronze to Master leveled players. But our MMR is consistently low silver.

I’m not sure how this hasn’t been addressed yet. This post probably won’t help, though the customer service folks here seem like a decent hardworking bunch they/you don’t seem to be able to contact developers directly either. But its worth a shot.

A T-AAA game shouldn’t be this inconsistent. Please see link as an example of me (supposedly a Bronze 1 player, though I have about a 70% winrate and have never previously been bronze in 2v2 in my life) facing a supposedly Diamond level player (with similar MMR). My rank is overvalued at Silver 1 and his is way overvalued at Diamond.

https://freeimage.host/i/Ei2n24

Note that this is not a case of him (or any of the other people I’ve faced) having a specific rank with a specific team mate. No. This guy is ranked Diamond (despite having a very low mmr and never facing Diamonds) in random 2v2.

Also it’s not like he has dropped from Master or something with a terrible winrate. His winrate is fine. He never has and probably never will face Diamond or Master players.

3 Likes

Hey,

I’ve been writing about it but no response. I hope it gets fix soon cause it’s driving me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Walter Chow

1 Like

Something is extremely messed up.

Can we get some kind of update on this issue that seems to have been lingering, after doing some research, for many months if not a year?

Its not just a visual bug. I’ve noticed a completely different turn of events. The OP describes a situation where the visual rank bug is still active. But there is also extremely unfair matchmaking directly tied to MMR.

Literally 2 silvers, (me and this other guy) - mind you my actual MMR is apparently Bronze, vs 2 Master League players.

Do we have to start @ devs on twitter or something? Came back to the game after a few months and it just doesn’t feel very fair. I even love a challenge, I don’t mind facing golds or plats, but masters? Seriously?

https://i.postimg.cc/XYvpysZs/master-vs-silver.png

Hey Guy’s,

Really. I thought I was crazy cause I lost all of my hairs when I play teams. I’m going to do 1v1 next month.

Walter Chow​:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Hey Gang,

I was playing teams today and players just keeps on quitting cause they have internet lag problems. Plus it’s very slow while playing.

Walter Chow

Hey Gang,

The game is not working don’t know what is freaking going on. Players just leave the game.

Walter Chow

i’ve never legit gotten master league and have put in lots of work to grind my way through the ranks with almost 10k games played.

Getting back into this season 1v1, i lose my placement match and get placed into masters. My MMR says 3200, which is low diamond. Even if I “Leave League”, the problem persists.
This is demoralizing to those who put years of work only to get the promotion when you don’t deserve it.
Please fix this for the loyal players who continue to play.

1 Like

New season and placements are putting this account in Masters 3 with Diamond/Platinum MMR, and leaving league and replaying placements are not fixing it. This bug has been present for over a year, if not two. Please fix. Thank you.

Hey Gang,

Go figure. Everybody walk out on the job and protest for a while in California based company for Blizzard. Which look pretty good by the way. Then our ranking system would be back. It’s been going on for 3 years. I’m buying the rest of the games later if it works.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Walter Chow

Hello! This also happened to me unfortunately :frowning:
I was placed on Masters 3 league, but I have ~2500 elo (lol)
I hope they fix this someday. A high league without the skills to back it up is no fun!

Hey Gang,

Look like all of us have to stick with the problem. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:.

Walter Chow

Hi,

Im having the same problem. Got place into master 3 while having about gold mmr. 1v1 terran, zerg, protoss, random and team game is all the same. The situation has been constant for last 2 week (since new season). Ive tried to leave league and do placement matches 2 times and its still the same. Its a bit strange because you get into a 1v1 match with a master border facing a bronze border but we about same mmr.

Thanks,

Seems to be slowly getting fixed in 1v1 but completely broken in 2v2,. Both in regards to 2v2 league icons and the fact that way too disparate teams are facing each other.

Hey Gang,

Yeap. Still not working for 2v2 for me. I think 3v3 and 4v4 is working today. Keep writing to Blizzard. I haven’t try 1v1 yet this year.

Walter Chow :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Hey Gang,

Does anybody have problems with teams still???. For some strange reason other players can see what maps bases located and build there. Not fix yet. That should be locked.

Walter Chow

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.