Random Crashes mostly in Arcade Mode

Ever since they rolled out the most recent update which I assume was to address the issue of people crashing the arcade I have been experiencing random crashes. Sometimes it is in game, other times it happens when just sitting in the lobby.

I tried opening a support ticket listing all the steps I’ve taken to attempt to address it and uploaded my msinfo and dxdiag files but their response was the generic try these steps and post about it in the forums.

For reference, I performed the following.

Driver Updates (There was one for Nvidia, clean install performed)
Checked for Windows 11 Updates (none, up to date)
Scanned Game for Errors (none)
Removed One Drive & iCloud for good measure (nuked it)
Uninstalled the game (removed the game and the folders in the document section)
Performed a clean install
Disabled everything non essential in the start up folder and closed out non essential background applications.
Set SC2 to run in Admin Mode by default

System is less than a year old, built by me, case is clean, temps are good. This doesn’t happen when playing anything else and I can play current AAA titles in 4k at max settings with over 150 frames fine.

At my wits end trying to solve this so any help would be appreciated.

its windows 11, for some reason sc2 has been having problems with it ever since the get go, your not the first on this matter.

I have a theory on what my issue is. I compared everything on my desktop which was having the issue to my laptop that wasn’t having any issues. Noticed there were 12 different entries for SC2 on my desktop in the firewall settings. My guess is that some of these were conflicting causing the crashes.

I deleted all of them then manually entered 2 back in. One for the regular version of SC2 and another for the 64 bit switcher.

Things have been smooth so far.

Can anyone share what their firewall settings looks like? I’m only interested in which files need permissions to pass through.

Update

It just crashed again. I checked the firewall settings and permissions I had manually entered for sc2_x64.exe unflagged itself somehow thus disabling the access I had granted it.

Gonna do some web searches on the issue but if anyone has seen something like this happen before feedback is always welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.