Question about stories in Legacy of the Void: Epilogue

… no, that’s not at all what interchangeable means. Words have meanings, you cant just declare them to mean the opposite and expect anybody to take you seriously.

2 Likes

I can convert liquid water to ice and vice versa. Does that mean I can put an Ice cube instead of water to cook my rice ? No, because they aren’t interchangeable.

1 Like

You do know that scale you mentioned was readjusted by the Confederacy at one point. When? When they nabbed Kerrigan. And she was a 10 (yes a TEN) on that scale, and a confirmed telepath and telekinetic user (blowing up brains, disarming guns, etc.) BEFORE infestation. Also note that telekinetics are rare even on that end of the spectrum, anyway. Only two known ghosts had matched that to any degree: Sarco Angelini, the Ghost Academy superintendent, Nova Terra, both 10s. Stone was only a 7 and, at most, a telepath. If anything, he’s BARELY above the stock ghosts of the Dominion, or just in general Terran kind (and there has to be, at the very least, thousands of ghosts in Koprulu Sector alone). In other words, worst possible example, you chose.

There’s also the genetic factor you are overlooking. It could be something in her genes that, beyond giving potent psionic abilities, also grant her some ability to accept Zerg assimilation more cleanly.

1 Like

Everything visible is bunch of quarks and leptons you look at it that way.

You are me.

We are all Saiyan. We are all him. He is us.

We are all Kosh.

20 chars

Actually, he proves what our Church was preaching for years :

Mengsk is everything.
Mengsk is love.
Mengsk is life.
Praise Arcturus :pray:

You just prove my point for me. So, I’m not sure what you’re arguing about. And yes, everybody knows about the rescaling and Kerrigan’s extraordinary power.

I didn’t overlook the genetic factor. It’s just never mention anyway. It could be helping; it could be hindering. Abathur only stated that her genetic contains extremely strong psionic potential and nothing else, so I guess it wasn’t a thing.

No, you’re missing it by a mile; Kerrigan is the special one, not Stone. Kerrigan has always been the point. She’s the one with extraordinary things happening to her, not some random stock character you pulled just for a pathetic comparison.

As for Abathur, can you provide a citation for the scene he explains this, please?

may i ask you hero, is it justified to suggest that the terrans are the one race with the highest psionic potential? by potential i just mean potential, not actual embraced psionic powers. doesn’t kerrigan prove that a Human is capable of achieving higher psionic powers than any race? why would she be ascended to xel’naga and not a Protoss, if it wasn’t so?

After having her DNA heavily modified to the point she wasn’t Terran anymore, sure.
But a normal Terran ? Heck no.

Because she had purity of essence which is as essential for ascension as purity of form ? In a situation where only one Xel’Naga was left to pass his essence, ergo someone with both purities would be an easy pick compared to others with better purities but isolated ?

1 Like

Let me put it this way.

If a person A is psionically strong by the Protoss’ standard, while a person B is psionically strong by the Terran’s standard. Who do you think stronger?

As you already stated, Stone can be the person B, albeit barely. And as you already stated his power is nothing noticeable. Kerrigan on the other is very special. The Primal Queen of Blade is strong even by the Protoss’ standard. She should have a purity of Form.

That’s my point. I thought it was clear. Not sure what we are arguing here.

As for Abathur, it was his dialogue during the early mission of HotS. There is one where Kerrigan claimed that she is Queen of Blade and Abathur commented on it.

you can modify a protoss’ DNA too…

yea, and what are those purities refering to again? to two races. kerrigan is human and zerg.

ah she was still human, she was human and zerg

Kerrigan’s DNA was rewritten from the ground up. She was entirely Primal Zerg.

5 Likes

if she was just one race, how could she ascend to xel’naga as purity of essence and form? she was both, human and zerg

Either because Ouros contributed the Purity of Form or because she’s a special snowflake that Chris Metzen wanted to become Xel’naga before he left, and the LoV team had to pick up the pieces of this fundamentally unworkable premise by blatantly breaking their established rules. There has never been any indication, anywhere, ever, that terrans have Purity of Form.

6 Likes

Protoss DNA is hard to modify, to the point that even Dehaka didn’t bother trying to assimilate Protoss essence. While it can be modified as the Hybrids proves it, the Zergs simply can’t use Protoss essence unlike the Terran one yet. Maybe in the next years, but Ouros wasn’t going to wait for the Zergs to figure it out.

3 Likes

A single hybrid dominator could smash Kerrigan’s mind from halfway across the map in Hand of Darkness, to the point where she needed the rest of the swarm to fight it off.

Even though LoTV turned them into random mooks for us to kill and they’re not that scary in game, they’re supposed to be more powerful in the lore.

5 Likes

No, obviously. Protoss are much more adept, capable of creating psionic storms, energy-based feedback, creating realistic hallucinations, mind control, refracting light to the point of invisibility, creating powerful energy blades, etc. etc.

Do Terrans have the “potential” to beat the Protoss psionically? Possibly, especially if the Protoss do not progress too far, but is it in the foreseeable future? IMO, no, such potential would require, at best, centuries of genetic manipulation and adaptation on the neurological front (which is a pretty sensitive and vital area).

My point is that Kerrigan MIGHT have filled in as the “purity of form”, already mixed with Zerg’s purity of essence, which allowed her to ascend to Xel’naga. And why not? She’s the ONLY Terran (as I mentioned in an earlier comment, I believe) to go through natural Zerg assimilation TWICE cleanly, something otherwise unheard being done once by Terrans (unstable, sloppy mutations) and Protoss (Protoss genetics aren’t naturally assimilated). Honestly, this is remarkable for any race, especially since the process amplified her powers (class 12 psionic in WoL and unidentified in HotS). Heck, she gave Zeratul a sound thrashing in human-primary form (though in his defense, he wasn’t looking for a fight).

As for, why not Protoss? Remember, Protoss do not mix well with Zerg, in spite them being Purity of Form and Essence respectively, and both purities must come together “naturally”. The Hybrids were only made by direct interference from Xel’naga (Narud/Duran/Amon’s #2). Heck BOTH Zerg and Protoss were directly interacted with by Amon and his underlings (Zerg weaponized and Overmind, the Khala and Tal’darim), and the Infinite Cycle revolved around beings NOT being contacted by Xel’naga until they were ready to become Xel’naga, so who’s to say that one or the other was truly meant to be uplifted in the cycle in question?

So by all means, Kerrigan and, as far as we can tell now, Kerrigan ALONE is special from all races and some unknown factor about her (either in her DNA or some other invisible field) allowed her ascension.

Either or is going to be stronger by Terran standards. I’m pretty sure I compared to Terrans.

Yes, you are correct.

I’m not sure, you’re the one who threw the first stone (pun not intended).

As in first interaction with him, before Mission #4 (immediately after prologue)?
Honestly, I think he was biased in favor of Zerg genetics and just did not like the “rebooted Queen” being so…non-zerg as he tried to “correct” and “make [her] stronger”.