Question about stories in Legacy of the Void: Epilogue

Yeah, my point back then is that being strong by Terran standard is nothing to be impressed by. (Even Stone is qualified.) Let along being sufficient qualifications for The Purity of Form.

Basically, it’s better to say that Kerrigan is strong even by the Protoss’ standard, hence she has the Purity of Form; than saying that she is strong even by the Terran’s standard, hence she has the Purity of Form.

As for Abathur, he could be biased, I’m not sure if it’s supported by his personality, but you might be right. Regardless, that was the only time we got any insight into the topic, so…

Huh…guess you have a point there. My apologies.

Yeah, do wish there was more interesting dialogue…oh well, Blizz bit more than they could chew…

Your theory and mine are actually quite similar. I also think that while Terran as a race do not possess the Purity of Form, Kerrigan is the exception. She possesses the Purity of Form at one point in her life. As the only natural made Hybrid, she is the only one qualified to ascend. I believe the information within Ulnar is nothing more than a guideline; bring someone whose psionic mind capable of housing the Xel’Naga’s power, whose body capable of undergoing the transformation. There is just one problem with our theory, though… Kerrigan is unable to navigate Ulnar by herself! She needs Artanis to help represent the Purity of Form!!!

And so my head canon is dead in the water…

what about the fact that purity of essence and form are all about races? if kerrigan being a human doesn’t play any role in her ascension, then i don’t know what else does. her psionic strength started in her human DNA to begin with, and whatever modified her, her psionic gift still remained. to me its clear enough to suggest that there is great psionic potential in human DNA, much greater than the actual results on earth. a potential that can be triggered only by the fittest terrans which are to survive the the Purification Project on earth, which is intending to suppress/kill off all psionic humans. in the protoss worlds, there is no purification project or general hatred against psionic powers. ever thought about that? i don’t think protoss would have to “stop/wait up” for terrans to match their psionic strength, terrans just need a free envoirment to develop psionicly. protoss psionics are nowhere being suppressed in their own worlds, whereas humans get murdered by their own state for it.

the fact that human DNA is easier to modify than protoss DNA doesn’t tell you anything? doesn’t it mean that human DNA is more capable of change?

the queen of blades is human and zerg, not only zerg. her DNA was modified/evolved, not “overwritten”.

Less than 1% of the original Terrans had the gene for psionic potential. Given its apparent recessive nature, it would have a hard time spreading among the rest of the population. That certainly does not qualify the whole human race as having the purity even if we assume that the Psionic Terrans have it. Contrast that with the Protoss where every single one of them was powerful enough to disturb other lifeforms.

Such environment exists already. It’s called Umoja, and they don’t have uber psionics there. The Terrans are simply way behind the Protoss in terms of psionic powers as of now.

What are you trying to prove ? That Terrans also have purity of essence ? Which is straight up false, because any modification they get comes from an external source, they don’t change by themselves.

Do you consider Zerglings to be half Zerg ? Or Ultralisks ? Are Mutalisks half Mantis screamers ? Overlords have 94.6% of their DNA unchanged from their pre infestation form, are they only 5% Zerg ? That’s the whole point of the Zerg Virus, it does not hybridizes, it assimilates. Kerrigan was not human anymore.

No more than the protoss. We never saw the protoss version of Kerrigan (their most powerful freak of nature psychic) and we never saw a protoss get supercharged by zerg infestation. If we saw the latter, it would smash Primal Kerrigan like the Hybrid Dominator could.

That being said, the epilogue makes it look like Kerrigan was picked for both being zerg (purity of essence) and for her individual high psionic potential (purity of form). So either her human genetics didn’t quite cut it for true purity of form, but she was powerful enough for it to be close, which was good enough for Ouros and for no merging to have to happen as was alluded to through all of StarCraft.

Or, since she’s more powerful than an average protoss, she just straight up had purity of form as an individual since she could house the essence of a Xel’Naga. Pretty much a retcon in my book, but that’s stupid writing for ya.

Does Ulrezaj counts ? Cuz he was OP as hell :3

He would pretty much take a dump on anyone, but he is 7 people. :man_shrugging:

Infested Ulrezaj would be something else.

He was the dominant if not the only personality of the 7 who merged, can we consider it as an assimilation of sorts ? :slight_smile:

My interpretation of Jim and Kerrigan ending:
-To add to Jim’s depression and broken heart(as heartbreak does to humans). Jim remembers Zeratul’s words: “You hold her life in your hands”, when he looks at her picture on the wall of the bar. He is thinking that he has failed to convince her not to become Xel’naga. He tells her “You don’t have to do this” before she ascended to Xel’naga. If she does become Xel’naga he knew he would lose her forever… At this moment Jim is thinking that he was not able to save her.

-Then Kerrigan appears in the doorway of the bar. Which Zeratul’s words could be meant literally. He would hold her life in his hands. Physically. As seen when he is walking out the bar with Kerrigan. :sob::sob::sob: So beautiful

1 Like

it is too early to say that this cicle is broken, the cycle begins with the propagation of life, something that happened in the prologue, is for me she was fusion with the consciousness that preceded :
“So long as Amon lives, we are in peril.”

• “I will bring peace to the cosmos.”
  • “So many universes came before us, all of them turns in the Infinite Cycle…”
  • “I am the culmination of prophecy.”
  • “I can see everything now…”
  • "The thread of my life interwoven with the threads of many others’."
    *** “Alone’ we were fragile. But together, we formed a bond that cannot break.”**
    *** “That bond must sustain us now.”**

If Kerrigan breaks the cycle and actually leaves lifeforms to their own devices, then it might be one of her greatest redeeming acts.

Important reminder from Stannis Baratheon.

"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad the good.“

1 Like

So far nothing indicates that it was broken tho. We’ll see in a billion years when her time has come to an end

1 Like