Question about stories in Legacy of the Void: Epilogue

The reasons Kerrigan was chosen are obvious. Terrans were never altered by Amon, neither were the Primal Zerg. Kerrigan is the most gifted Terran psionic and she had already in a way chosen to be Xel’Naga by choosing to go to Zerus.

1 Like

F A L S E
A A
L__ L
S___ S
E _____E

Oh my god Rav is back.

Yes, I know. My point is that you jump to the conclusion too fast. I won’t deny that the Zerg use psionic energy of some kind to communicate. I just don’t see how it must be the Void. The Protoss was also created by the Xel’Naga in pretty much the same sense that the Zerg was. And yet, they don’t use Void to communicate. In fact they were actively against its usage.

Perhaps? I honestly don’t know what they are.

Not wield, control. Kerrigan can use her psionic energy accidentally. Anyway, are you claiming that the Khalai and Nerazim must love or hate something while using their power?

Or it could be that the consciousness enchants the ability to control psionic energy.

You jumped to the conclusion again. Some psionic energy might be a form of consciousness, maybe not. But you haven’t proven that all psionic energy must be a consciousness.

I still don’t know what the Khala is. I thought I knew, but other posters have other possible idea. We kind of fall of the track before I was convinced by anyone’s idea.

Lastly, what exactly do you think the frequency is? It seems like everything is light to you and by vibrating at different frequency all variations are achieved. Void is not light. It’s completely different stuff.

1 Like

@Spirit

i like the way you’re approaching outstanding ideas. you’re not giving in to them, but you’re not denying the sorts of possibilities. without sidejoks and trolling. respect

“To the xel’naga, essence, matter, information and consciousness were interchangeable, and could be converted through relics such as the Keystone.”
-LOTV Campaign -Karax

doesn’t this support my claim that energy is consciousness? that psionic power is = consciousness?

Thanks. I always pride myself for being open minded. I believe it is one of my best quality. I won’t always agree with you, but you can bet that I’ll always listen.

Yes, heavily. Your idea could be corrected. However, you need to becareful with this. Einstein claimed, correctly, that energy and mass are one. Does that mean mass is energy and energy is mass? Not quite!

I’ll give you that it’s possible that the Hive Mind is a form of Energy-conscious-psionic, but you still need to prove that it’s Void and not say other type of psionic energy. As I typed, the Khala is not Void-base; far from it. To claim that Hive Mind must be Void-base simply because it was created by the Xel’Naga.

You could be right, but it’s not supposed in-game. (This is not Dark Soul.)

1 Like

It is. But there is balance to everything.

1 Like

mass and energy are interchangeable too though, how do they say, “equavalent”? all mass is energy as far as i understand the Einstein theory. just different in form

I pride myself on being resistant to other viewpoints and smashing them with brutal logic while also belittling my opponent and resorting to ad hominem.

Mass can be converted to energy, and theoretically vice versa, but that doesn’t make them the same thing, much in the same way that ice and water are different states of the same compound but don’t act the same way at all.

when they are made of the same compound, then they are the same in essence aren’t they?

Is glass the same as sand? Is diamond the same as graphite? Being made of the same base components doesn’t necessarily make them the same thing.

karax said that to the xel’naga, essence, matter, information and consciousness are all interchangable. of course matter is matter, information is information, and consciousness is consciousness. just as water is water and ice is ice. but they are all still energy and that’s why they are interchangable. that’s why water can be turned in ice and ice into water in the first place

Interchangeable is the wrong word. Convertible, rather. You can start with one and get another if you know how, like Karax evidently figured out. That doesn’t make them the same though.

nope, the word is interchangeable that karax uses

Then the writers said something silly. That’s not what interchangeable means. Having said that, Karax was almost certainly not speaking literally, since Artanis has no knowledge base for Karax to work with. He was trying to get Artanis to understand a point, not the mechanics.

“To the xel’naga, essence, matter, information and consciousness were interchangeable, and could be converted through relics such as the Keystone.”
-LOTV Campaign -Karax

he wasn’t speaking literally? how can relics just convert those things if they weren’t interchangable (all energy in essence)? i’m pretty sure that he was serious about what he was saying.

It’s been well established that The Plot Rock is a Swiss Army knife of deus ex machina and can do litteraly anything. Wouldn’t even be surprised if we find out next it reverses entropy too.

Anyways it doesn’t matter if the magic rock can convert between different types of energy, the state in which something is being used is what is relevant.

5 Likes

By definition, if something needs to be converted, it isn’t interchangeable. Im not saying that Karax lied or that he was wrong, just that a literal parsing of his words doesn’t make any sense and shouldn’t be used.

quite the opposite is true: if something needs to be converted, it has to be interchangeable.

i rather believe in Blizz authorities and Karax than in your definition of the word interchangeable. you say the writers did a silly job, i say you’re doing a silly job at trying to understand