Protoss macro is too easy

Manging chronos, a few facilities, and being able to rapid fire warpin are all components of the protoss macro is easy argument. Zerg have to keep up with injects, spread creep, and make units and replace zones that are shifted into structures. Doing all of this while maintaining an army is not easy. Terran has to manage rallying workers back after a structure is build, managing calling down mules consistently and also judgement about when to scan vs not scanning, and they have to manage addons and their placement carefully. Protoss has some minor things like simcity but is largely extremely easy. I also think protoss has the easiest micro of the two races, but not really by much. I’m curious why the design team went forward with such an easy to macro with race

11 Likes

This is hilarious because Protoss has to do things too but you completely downplay it by pretending at least half of Protoss’ macro doesn’t exist while mentioning the strengths of the other two races that Protoss doesn’t have (ex: scan, creep)

13 Likes

The things they have to do are easily accomplished compared to the other races in terms of apm, and the amount of time/effort it takes

4 Likes

Injecting is not difficult, is routine, muscle memory, it’s not something difficult you must do every time. Creeping can be done with rapid fire, box the tumors, hold down the key, not difficult.

Every race needs to make units.

Same, every race does the same.

Shifting a worker is the same as shifting a probe.

And P must manage the energy on the same way for the chronos.

If you think P is easier, play the race with no cheese /early tricks or turtling.

11 Likes

They manage similar things but mechanically protoss has it easier, less clicks overall, less time spent managing macro because of easier mechanics, for example chronoing is faster than injecting

1 Like

This whiner forgets that Queens can queue the inject but Chrono does not queue and does not stack.
Let us queue our Cronos and then we will speak again.

Backspace Method

How-to:

• Assign all Queens to one hotkey

• Hit the hotkey for all Queens

• Hit V

• While holding down (right-side) shift alternate between:

• Hit Backspace to center your next base on the screen.

• Click center of screen.

Pros:

• If you have as many Queens as you do Hatcheries, using this technique can Spawn Larva at 5 Hatcheries in less than a second.
  • You don’t need more than one control group.
4 Likes

Player 4 mvp 2021!!!

1 Like

thanks for your support gracken together we can end protoss

1 Like

Lol sc nothing about how much you click so less apm in macroing fine

OMG how do they do it???

6 Likes

ok but thats just one example

As if Protoss doesn’t rally units from Robo-Stargates…

1 Like

Even Reynor stacks his injects, he streamed some days ago and wasn’t using backspace I think, but he queued the injects every time he could, queueing injects at 3-4 hatcheries will give you plenty of larva, he was playing against Clem on ladder so the pressure was insane and every larva was needed.

For non pro gamers backspace is fine, I have seen many Z doing it at high level and at some point I have seen top tier pros using it during lategame.

The difficulty of Z is not the mechanics, is when to drone, when to make units and smooth switches,everybody can spam if you give them the chance of that spam being somewhat useful.

1 Like

I fully agree, but this skill has nothing to do with APM or mechanics and everything to do with tactical/strategic sense, game knowledge, scouting and map-awareness.
At the end of the day that skill is improved with experience.
At a lesser extent it is required for Protoss also.
You are transitioning to mass-Carriers: continue to spam Carriers or create 5-6 HT and Chrono Storm?
Countless Protoss have perished due to no-Storm or not-enough Storm dying to a mass-Hydra attacks.

Just had a team mate with 37 apm in a 20+ minute game and after 20k games played. He was diamond in 1s and masters in teams. XD

Some months ago when the same bug in teams appeared, I was playing, a friend of mine saw me on battle net and told me to play with him, I was surprised since the last time he played was around 5 years ago and only campaign and 20-30 bronze games, that season apparently played around 15 2v2 games, well, we played and only lost one of 5 and got master. My friend told me that he would stop playing sc2 because he reached the top and it made no sense keep playing, team games level is really low and now it’s funny seeing so many master players.

Dude, that’s stupid. Injecting is not an easy mechanic. Not even a Zerg player, but comparing base keying selecting and injecting 3-5 times is as difficult as muling a mineral line or placing chrono on a couple of forges isn’t even close.

Zerg has the easiest spending mechanics /94+S+hold Z for 1500 APMs), but injecting and creep spread? Probably the two most difficult macro mechanics in the game.

Honestly hope blizz makes an announcement that there won’t be anymore balance patches so I have an excuse to switch to protoss for good.

Did you ask him how old he was? 50+ people tend to have low APM - though 37 APM is indicator of some neurological problem.
The fact that someone with 40APM can reach Diamond is a further proof that brain counts more than muscles in RTS.

Injecting is super easy. The only hard part is timing especially if distracted with engagements.

Creep spread I will grant is hard. There is a huge difference facing a Zerg who has good creep spread than one who doesnt.

In addition to what you said about unit production being easy for Zerg, they dont have to worry about sim city pretty much at all. Being good with sim city is so important for Toss and Terran.

2 Likes