Protoss have been babied by overpowered defensive mechanics

He he he he he
You are the real Nemesis of TCF! Your diagnosis is so spot-on that even Dr. Goba was surprised.
Keep-on the good work.
But be careful of the rats that will try to ban you because they fear the light of reason more than cocroaches fear the flood-light.

Curious: how do you know who tries to ban you?

1 Like

Because the rat gloated repeatedly about that. On the other hand i used a century-old name (like melancholy was used for what we know today as depression): Mongolism instead of DNS or Trisomy 21 fearing that the rat would be so illiterate to not understand what Trisomy 21 is.
My care to be understood gained me a charge of racism (the ignoramus thought that i have some issues with the Mongoloid race (which are the best Starcraft players in the world for that matter).
But i know for sure that it was a team-job, there are a half dozen of illustrious whiners that would be more than happy to see me goneā€¦

Dr. Goba will go from the door but will enter from the windowā€¦

Ah, well I have done a poor job keeping up with the forums drama

Havenā€™t heard this term since early medical school exam testing. Taking me back.

But if youā€™re gone, whose writing will I associate with Dr. Seussā€™s poetry in my head?

1 Like

Donā€™t be afraid if EvilGoba goes down an even more virulent resisting strain will appear under the Nick YersenisGobaPestiferus.ā€¦

Well Protoss units are much more expensive than Terran units, and less cost effective. Aslo Terran can use mules and have better income on 2 bases than 2 bases Zerg or Protoss.

In a situation where T and P have the same number of bases, it will favor T by a lot and wonā€™t be balanced.

hehe actually TvP and ZvP are my best MUā€™s personally (i play all races), but my personal level of skill doesnt really matter when it comes to balance.

Mostly was just attacking the idiotic protoss arguments that defending a warp prism amounts to ā€œbuilding a missle turret, or leaving 10 supply of units in your mainā€

I honestly believe this warp prism nerf is too much and currently have no issues with the balance of the game, i just find the protoss whining about the nerf funny considering all the tools they have to defend drops that the other races dont.

Can you imagine how much protoss would cry if zerg could get out 3-4 anti air units as fast as mutas at 5 minutes without cutting into their economy?

Or if Terran could tag a warp prism with a spell that gave vision of it for 45 seconds?

2 Likes

Really? When was the last time you played SC2? Isnā€™t a more wise tactic to actully learn the unit stats before theorycrafting in vacuum?

1 Like

form what i can tell it is mostly the offensice capabilities that is nerfed with the current proposal of warp prisms and as zerg i think it is a good step, i mean imagine i have some larva in enemy base that will pop in 4 seconds to have stuff there

so all this will do in the longrun is that toss will be more cautios with warpins into enemy territory due to the enemy has some more time to react, but honestly though 11 seconds is still alot faster than a rax can build a marine or hatch a pair of zerglings, not to mention that that warpin still nullifies the need of the zealots to walk over the map

3 Likes

LOL, you are aware that one of the reasons why GW-units are trash is precisely the WP and warp-mechanics?
You canā€™t have it both ways. In order to balance that you would have GW units buffed to the roof and what will happen after the 8-10 minute-mark when the handicap is removed (due to the upgrade) but the GW units will became OP?
OK, you want to go back to decent-GW unints, no-warp like in BW?
But for each ā€œfixā€ that you create 3 problems ariseā€¦

1 Like

Terran tears sustain me. Who needs water when i have pure salt.

Iā€™m interested in seeing what Blizzard does with the second set of patch notes. I do really, really hate the prism, but as much as I hate it, the more and more I read about it the less I like it. I think this year the main focus should be slowly getting rid of warp mechanics and replacing it with upgrades for gateway units in the cybernetics. I feel if they really want to get rid of warp, the stalker needs to fill the role that the dragoon filled in broodwar. Iā€™d also like to see the mofo ship removed and replaced with arbiters and the prism relegated to a shuttle with the 6 pickup range. Also it would be nice to tac recall onto arbiters which will fill allow recall on the nexus to be removed, and used as a spell on the arbiter and the arbiter can supply permanent stealth to units in its area.

2 Likes

With current state of forums, we are drowning in Protoss tears. PPP is crying so hard, any previous Zerg BC tears or TvP tears were swept away by tidal wave of Protoss cries.

4 Likes

hm i doubt you intentionally wante reply to me, correct me if i am wrong :smiley:

i am aware that gateway units would be with stronger compared to the ones we have right now due to the warp in mechanic regardless of the time it take to warp in but since sc2 focused THAT much on 3 races 3 i conic mechanics for unit production i doubt protoss will transform from warpprism play into arbiter play like they had in in BW ā€¦ the outcry would be outragous to lose the iconic feature even though gateway units could benefit massively thus making attacks and defense possibilities different right now ā€¦ i stil am bruised by the 30 damage chargelots from beta :smiley:

I can actually beat protoss as terran how does it feel im better at terran then you. Feels bad. I dont need to B*tch about wanting warp prism nerfed

Yes, and it is even more complicated than that. Warp-in dynamics is currently balanced and functions as balancer of other aspects of the game.
At 10-20 supply level the races behave quite differently than 150 Supply deathballs.
One whineterran whined that he had to dedicate 10 Supply to the defense of his base (equivalent of 3 Carrier DPS and comparable with 5 Zealots or 3 Stalkers or 1.5 Carriers on the Protoss-side). Zergs have Creep that gives speed-bonus to all ground. So, protos that is generally the least mobile race (mobility is the speed of the slower unit) was compensated partly with the Warp-in dynamics.
Just like pure-Mech that is even less mobile than a typical protoss army (having immense DPS, HP, Range but absolutely the slower mobility due to Siege/Unsiege slow animation)ā€¦

Now, touching onto those delicate balances the MoronTeam is moving like a Bull in a China-Shop. They hurry to try to ā€œfixā€ some imaginary problems and in the proces create several real ones.
Just looking the attention that the WP has gained to zerg players youll will notice trends in the way they are fighting it.
People (Proā€™s) are dedicating 3 Ravagers that detach from the main army and one-shoting the WP in emitter mode in one triple-bile more and more.

MoronTeam could have increased by 0.5 sec the animation of Mode-Switch (causing Prism to take 1 more second to transform), could have made Prism in Emitter-Mode vulnerable to ground instead of only air.
But no, they had to touch the fundamentals of which i am afraid they have only an obscure idea of how SC2 works.
Iā€™m afaraid that the core of BW/SC2 creators is gone and this second or third generation of hirelings has not even understood of how their own game worksā€¦
Somebody on the Caster Community (Artosis?) said that if this atrocity will pass this is even greate than the removal of the MSC.
But the irony was that MSC was removed and was compensated with SB, Stalker/Collo change, Recall change and other buffsā€¦
What we have here? A Carrier/Infestor minuscule change that does not change in the least the late-game PvZ and a 80% buff of EMP combined with a buff of Steem timingā€¦
If the MoronTeam was so concerned about the Steem-snipe they could have buffed the HP-pool of the structure instead of creating more problems for P and Z.
It is a farse, get the popcorn an watch the show of how they embarrass themselvesā€¦

1 Like

still there is the FACT that even 11 sec warpins still save the time it takes units protoss makes to cross the map from toss base to enemy, also the prism speed upgrade re-eneables the faster warpins so that tech isnā€™t lost completly, it is hidden behind a paywall,

not to mention that toss up until the 4 minute mark has 1 or 2 more probes than zerg due to nerfed inject, which is the second inject making drones to keep up in a hgp against a gateway expand build when neither player disruptss the other that is, so getting that robobay and the upgrade isnā€™t that far out of the questioso there is a choice for toss to make if he prefers faster warpins via prism or focus on 3rd and get that upgrade afterwards, also adding more robos to utilize the established tech for colossi or disruptors

3 Likes

Sorry, but id does not work like that. For years in early-mid game pushes are supported by the WP and the loss of the unit usually spells disaster for the Protoss push (retreat or get-destroyed).
A certain ability is not only important to have somewhere in the mid-game, but when you have it.
You know how time will be needed now to warp-morph Archons for an Archon-Drop? Even with the 4 sec warp Pro-Players are bringing Oracles to babysitt the warp-morph processā€¦
Now think about that with the 11 sec warpā€¦
A lot of people here naively think that having upgraded the WP in mid-game everything is OK.
To those guys i tell: How about you begin the game with 2 Drones/SCV and by the 5 minute i will give you for free 10 free Drones/SCV?
No harm doneā€¦

as if the warpprism is totally removed from the game alltogether and can only be made when robobay is on the field ā€¦ did i mention the forward gateway yet? or the poor mans version, just a forward pylon? i mean you save some gas that way since you donā€™t have to invest into a robofacility

and yeah that was never done in sc2 at all right?

sure making those dt at home in fast warpinzone and make archons there is out of the question since you have to use the warpprism because it has the name in it

sure warpgate pushes will be weaker due to higher warpin time but that also afffects pvp and strengthens the defenders advantage which the current wp warpintime simply negates to much in early game

and those oracles are useless afterwards, the canā€™t do anything after protecting the archons right?

okay juggling archons from warpprism and microing oracles aganst antiair at the same time is out of the question for mere mortals and i doubt most pros can make that happen relyable often, but while the archons binds the attention the oracles will gather energy and be as an alternative to kill some workers and force more antiair which binds more economy into defensive stuff, opening some other venues of attack

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/protoss-have-been-babied-by-overpowered-defensive-mechanics/1212/82?u=evilgoba-1594

Now you have your curiosity satiated. I told ya that Trisomy 21 (that you know better than me having a formal medical education) is hopelessā€¦
If the patient would link his mug-shot in his profile the Diagnostics of Dr. Goba would be more preciseā€¦