Problems with account icon/all achievement icons

I’ve just installed the mac version of starcraft 2 and I noticed all the achievement icons and profile icons are gone. All I see is a purple/pink icon/picture?

1 Like

i have the same problem too i cant play any games please blizzard help us

The assets not loading in StarCraft II is typically due to a connection related issue. Could you both try an alternative connection to test? It may help to try a third party DNS provider such as Google DNS.

If it persists, let’s gather a WinMTR file until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

@ AcroSenpai, there’s different issues for your region that we’re looking into. If a different connection doesn’t help with this issue, while not supported by Blizzard, a VPN may work around the issue. If it continues, please create your own thread with the requested information above.

my starcraft 2 works just fine in friday the problems happened in saturday and sunday,monday

Not the characters in the game, but the icon in the upper right hand corner when you run the game is gone, plus i dont have windows…

yes, thats is my problem too but nothing is loading on mine my 1v1 wins,everything even icons of my friends

1 Like

Still alive???

Sorry about this! It does sound like some connection issues is causing the assets issue. Were you able to try an alternative connection or Google DNS?

Let’s gather a pathping test instead? Let this run until it hits 30 hops.

@ AcroSenpai, are you on a Mac, too? If so, could you please include the pathping tests requested as well?

My bad, I honestly thought I pasted the whole thing. This is what I got L5kzBvat “pastebin”

Hey, THEDARKONE! We’ve seen some similar reports on MacOS with Heroes, which has the same game engine. I’ll keep track of the reports here to see if we see any trending issues. The connection tests was only ran til hop 9, could you run it a bit longer til it reaches 30 hops or does it persist with 100% loss after hop 8?

Did you have any luck with trying a third party DNS service like Google DNS or with an alternative connection?

The pink/purple icon is a bit strange. We usually see this with systems below the system requirements for Hearthstone, but I haven’t seen the same issue with StarCraft II previously that I’d like to check if the model or MacOS may be below or has known driver issues that may need to be addressed. What model Mac and MacOS is the system currently on?

my bad, I got it up to 9 not knowing if it would continue but I did redo it. I was was able to get it up to 40 “qpNTcN8D”. No luck with the Google dns.

MacOS 10.5.4 Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 16 Gb of ram w/ AMD Radeon R9 M370X.

Thank you, THEDARKONE! The system should should be fine, and the connection tests does stop at the Charter network after hop 7, but otherwise it’s steady in terms of latency and no packet loss. This is usually caused by ICMP or firewall/security blocking the nodes from appearing on the test, which makes diagnosing possible connection issues tricky.

It’s an odd issue, since this problem is caused by one of two things:

• System is below requirements, which we know this doesn’t apply here.
  • Connection or network issues. I have a feeling there may be some spectrum (charter, twc, etc) based on other reports we’ve received for our other games. We’re still seeing if there may be a trend here, so it’s not confirmed.

Just a few questions and requests for you! Would you be able to try a hotspot connection to test? What’s the router/modem model in the household? Could you provide a screenshot of what’s happening? Use an image sharing website like imgur and paste the URL between two ` (~ key) like so:

`Link Here`

Thank you for working with me on this, THEDARKONE. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of what’s going on! :slight_smile:

I’ve figured it out!!! Hey, is it possible to find if other people who are on Catalina are having issues?? I went back to Mojave and the next thing I know things are back to normal, the only difference between the two OSes O.o is the removal of 32bit!! Caterpepi, do you know if blizzard uses 32bit code on starcraft 2?

Thank you for the details! Sorry for the delay! I was away for a few. I’m glad to see that a workaround has been found.

It’s a first that I’ve seen the icons and achievements missing has been reported, but there are some graphical issues with Catalina and StarCraft II that may be related to this issue. The graphical and crashing issues are related to the drivers, which the pink/purple would make a bit of sense. I’ll monitor for any similar reports. It could only happen for specific models or graphics so I’ll keep this thread in mind :slight_smile:

If anyone else is running into the same problem, please include the Mac Model, OS, the processor, and graphics information.

A post was split to a new topic: EvilknEmil - Connection issue