EvilknEmil - Connection issue

Hi. I’m experiencing this issue too. A lot of the graphics (portrait, menu background) not loading and unable to play any form of multiplayer (which is all I play).

I’m running a MacBook Pro 2017, 3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650. Mojave still up, so not a Catalina error.

The error comes and goes, and auto resolves after an extended period of time (10-30 min). I have also experienced it with two different internet providers in two different cities. The frequency of the issue is increasing so that I can rarely play more than a game or two before it kicks in and prevents me from keeping playing. Have re-installed the game. Reboots of the game/computer doesn’t change anything. My work-around is minimising the game and doing other stuff, occasionally looking if it has resolved by itself. But since I mostly play with RL friends this is not a sustainable solution. I play on EU servers but have encountered it at US servers too.

Here is my tracerout and ping etc while the game didn’t work (10 min ago): pastebin: 8aUSGVTj

And here it is from just now (10 min later) when it does work: pastebin: qXVLA3rs

Thank you for looking into it! :slight_smile:

Hey there EvilknEmil,

The issue you’re running into is actually a failure to connect to the game fully, which is why it’s auto resolving itself. I moved you to your own thread so we can work on your specific issue.

Unfortunately your traces are using the looking glass tool, which isn’t very good at finding these. Instead, you want to run a pathping when the issue is happening.

Before you do that, however, I’d combo update to the latest Mojave (just to reload your drivers) and reboot your router the next time it happens and see if it fixes things. If neither helps, that’s when you’d want to go through the pathping process so we can look for issues.