"Please try again after logging on as an administrator"

I’ve already completed Steps 1-5 and the Advanced Troubleshooting. I never had an issue with Starcraft II before I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I only have one account on my computer, and I am running the application as an administrator. Please advise on how I can fix this.

2 Likes

Hey there,

If you’re still encountering this error try deleting the Starcraft II folder located in Documents. Then launch the game again so it will be recreated.

Perhaps something with the permissions got messed up when you upgraded from Win 7 to 10, so hopefully recreating the folder will help!

1 Like

At today this is still a problem (only with battlenet software)
I’m not able to update the game because of (for me a software developer) bad implementation of code. Maybe because this notebook uses roaming profile or what ever. it is NOT installed in the profile…

3 Likes

So because Blizzard can’t write proper code I have to delete all my custom map progress of 2+ years?

1 Like

You can probably backup stuff you understand, then move it back afterward and hope it still work.
Though the way SC2 use files and folders doesn’t make things easy.

You can just change the administrator of that folder. That’s how I fixed it

Change the owner of that folder

Sorry, I meant the Owner of the folder

This thread was created 6 months ago, before the latest issue with permissions was a thing. The Battle.net team is working on getting the issue resolved affecting permissions with Starcraft II and Heroes of the Storm folders in Documents. In the meantime you should be able to manually grant permissions to those folders in Windows to resolve it.

Since the original creator of the thread isn’t likely to return I’ll go ahead and lock this one to prevent any confusion with different issues.