Please Remove the in-game countdown

Unnecessary and annoying, remove please.

• Superfluous; we have a countdown which precedes it
  • Waste of time; additional waiting for no additional reward
  • Irritating; Obnoxious SFX, GFX, halt of game flow
38 Likes

Highly requested feature, thank you Blizzard for finally implementing

30 Likes

To escape the bear, you need only outrun your slowest friend. Starcraft community would rather chain your ankle to him. It was highly requested.

8 Likes

So having to wait literally 3 seconds is the same as getting mauled by a bear? Damn, you must live in an alternate universe where 3 seconds is a millennia. Nothing about both players having a 3 second count down to prevent load times from from creating a semi-random start time is gonna hurt you.

12 Likes

I never said they were the same, you are the person living in an alternate universe.

Multiply that 3 seconds by the total number of games you will play over your lifetime. There was already a count-down, the new additional one is superfluous, ugly, a waste of time, irritating.

If your computer is bad enough to have a semi-random start, get a new computer. If you run SC2 at 3 fps, don’t join 4v4 games.

Next highly requested feature; since it is possible to experience 3k ping spikes, let’s throttle all connections to the game to 3000ms. Fairness and inclusivity.

8 Likes

You’re right, we should increase ping to reduce impact of lag so players all play with the same handicap. It heavily affects balance and it can be drastically unfair for, say, the NA player who unfortunately gets Singapore server. If everyone is forced in the same lag, at least there is no “home server” advantage. It has been a point brought up many times in regards to tournament outcomes.

4 Likes

Absolutely. You sir are consistent with your views. Degrading the quality of experience for everyone is the only means to reach a fair outcome. Take it further, remove your limbs in solidarity with wounded soldiers. Remove your pancreas and rely on insulin injections, then ask the diabetics if they are relieved to have a more fair life situation.

8 Likes

Dude already done, as we all know, real life is a competitive RTS so it’s only fair we all have the same handicaps. I’m actually typing this with that Hawking’s text to speech setup because I removed my tongue, ears, and eyes as well.

2 Likes

You have again properly understood my sentiment. When I said to take it further , my meaning was actually that the two things were already the same. It’s no wonder you think yourself to be the spokesperson for the starcraft II community.

7 Likes

I mean they definitely aren’t. Even with the slowest loading computer that could still run SC2 you’d still start the game the same time as your opponent even without the countdown. However, with the new countdown there’s a 3 second warning that loading is done. That is more than reasonable. The lag situation would require an actual even handicap to all players that actively penalizes people with on-par connections; that is actually unreasonable.

I genuinely don’t believe that you think delaying the start by 3 seconds is exactly as impactful as having to play with arbitrarily large amounts of ping every game.

5 Likes

I agree with the OP , get rid of it. ANNOYING.

8 Likes

“You have a different opinion, you must be dumb” Lol k.

4 Likes

“You have a different opinion, you must be dumb” Lol k.

Your (wrong) opinion is not why I think you’re dumb. But since I have no desire to further interact with you I will retract my reference to your stupidity from my original post. Goodbye.

I would really like it if they used the countdown timer on resume from pause, people already do it manually in chat, why not formalize it

13 Likes

I would really like it if they used the countdown timer on resume from pause, people already do it manually in chat, why not formalize it

Oh man, it just get’s worse and worse. Let’s also add a count-down every time your salty opponent pauses the game because they are mad you’re winning.

Maybe we should add a count-down for every time a unit or structure is produced so you know when to issue a command to them?

3 Likes

Definitely for this. There’s nothing like having your opponent pause the game while you sit there, ready…never knowing if they’ll even bother with a “rdy?” or “gogo”

Definitely for this. There’s nothing like having your opponent pause the game while you sit there, ready…never knowing if they’ll even bother with a “rdy?” or “gogo”

How about a countdown timer so you can troll my thread a little slower?

5 Likes

pausing is a resource, if they waste it like that fine. Most other competitive online games have a countdown on resume from pause, and it feels like an oversight to not have it.

7 Likes

pausing is a resource, if they waste it like that fine. Most other competitive online games have a countdown on resume from pause, and it feels like an oversight to not have it.

Reading comprehension deficit.

1 Like

I’m sure many players that never speak up about the game hate it too. It’s just the vocal ones that kept asking for it until they finally implemented it.

2 Likes