Please Remove the in-game countdown

This count down thing is the worst, no one requested this, after 10 years they put this in for no reason. Wasted time and game flow is now messed up. Was it 3 gold players who requested this and now we have it? How did this even happen, only ppl with learning disorders enjoy this dumb timer

5 Likes

Naw high level players also liked the idea once it was brought up. It literally doesn’t mess up any game flow xD

1 Like

probably the time it took you to read this thread, write your post, and read mine, is more time than you will ever spend on those 3 seconds LOL

1 Like

im dying of laughter hahahaha

2 Likes

especially when trying to play bot games.

DO I NEED A COUNTDOWN?

1 Like

Why would you pause a bot game?

I’m actually typing this with that Hawking’s text to speech setup because I removed my tongue, ears, and eyes as well.

im dying of laughter hahahaha

Found OldWhovian’s alt

1 Like

Ain’t my alt, my alt is SynthRage

I dislike the new countdown timer. It is like a visual cattle prod, and I suspect they put it in the game as some kind of ‘dark pattern’ attention mining nonsense. I will be uninstalling the game. If they remove the timer, I would be willing to re-install.

2 Likes

Who made you the person that decides whose opinion (regarding a computer game) is valid and whose is not?
Calling others stupid (esp. in your very first post on this forum) does not make you look smart.

4 Likes

Still less time than your supply blocks over your lifetime.

5 Likes

Not sure why they are fighting. A normal sane person could not care less if the Countdown is or is not in the game.
All this debate smells so fake…

2 Likes

Its not a bad decision to have the timer, but why it is in game? Make it count on the loading screen before actually start the game. In game counter is indeed a bit annoying.

3 Likes

The timer is absolutely fine, especially for those whose machine lags at the start. I hope Blizzard do not listen to OP.

6 Likes

HomoSapiens vs. HomoErectus would be a memorable game. I guess Neanderthal and Chromagnone were all HomoSapiens.

1 Like

It would be nice if there was a menu option to turn off the sound for example, or just tone it down a bit.
And I am not sure what is the purpose of the countdown before the loading screen (is the game loading at that point already, or not?)

From a balanced competitive perspective, it’s good. Just starting the second both players are loaded (with a stuttery load bar that only vaguely displays load progress until it’s suddenly DONE) is messy. MANY competitive games have a beginning of match countdown timer, at match start or pause, to make sure players are situated and ready to go. That split second doesn’t really matter, but it’s a moment to mentally prepare. There’s no jolt of “oh, the match is starting now, I guess!”
A lot of players asked for it, and sure, maybe just as many people want it gone, but it’s not hurting anyone, so what’s really the issue? Unless you’re dying and only have 2 weeks to live, and every precious second counts, I don’t see the problem. I mean, if you have that long to live and you choose to spend it on video games instead of with loved ones, then that’s on you anyways, lol.

8 Likes

That sounds like the damn old man. I catch you. Protoss campaign. Story about Artanis.

It will be annoying for about a week then you will forget it was ever not in the game. If anything it is actually an advantage to you. Gives you 3 seconds to get your bearings in order to perform worker splits.

Either way though remove or not remove. Makes no difference to me. Its really not that big a deal.

1 Like

Clearly if everyone is constantly misinterpreting what you write then maybe the problem is how you write.

Also the 3 seconds is fine since so many people go AFK waiting for a game to load, now they have 3 extra seconds to come back.