Please add 21:9 resolution to Starcraft 2!

maybe they could make an option for the host of the custom game to decide if it’s allowed or not… i dunno

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking

I just bought a 34" ultra wide with the 21:9 ratio and I must say it’s absolutely necessary for them to add it. I am tired of my desktop icons all getting shoved into a corner. If they’re concerned about an advantage then for they could simply block off the sides with some art or something.

This post started 6 months ago and I can see Blizzard have whole-heartedly ignored this issue.

2 Likes

Why should they care to much? Sc2 is focussed around the pro scene besides that most of the Sc2 developers moved to other games . So adding something new besides skins could take a long time.

Even better: They added code to prevent people from using UW overrides via 3rd party software. They couldn’t be any clearer with their intent: They Do Not Want UW In SC2

i suggest just add 21:9 on campaign and custom map.

2 Likes

Legit question: out of curiosity, how do you explain the 21:9 support for SC2 in macOS?

I don’t play competitive or care to play competitive, but on my mac I was able to run at 2560 x 1080 with no problems at all. Switch to bootcamp, exact same hardware, and it’s a stretched 16:9 monstrosity.

playing on macOS gives an unfair advantage then? and would be considered cheating/ban-worthy?

I’m guessing oversight because Mac support was a side note and pretty much no one games on a mac because they’re trash products.

Yes, it’s likely you would get banned from tournaments if you tried using UW through Mac. That being said, I will go ahead and link this in bug reports, maybe they’ll find the time to remove UW support for Crapple.

Bug report:

1 Like

I wonder why no one suggested a simple solution - instead of adding extra space on the sides - crop it from top and bottom! using UW would be a _dis_advantage => no prob

WHYYYY DID YOU BUMP THIS THREAD I WAS SO TIRED OF SEEING IT?
this was a terrible idea

I only play this Co-Op as well and would love to see 21:9 for these not competitive game modes as well. OR like someone mentioned cut off the top and bottom and zoom it in. Just make it look good. This is a free to play game now and they have cut new content… what does it matter at this point just put the resolution back in the game.

They literally aren’t doing any more development work for SC2. This will factually never happen.

1 Like

I got my 34" 21:9 screen to show the black bars on the side by changing some settings on my AMD Graphics card.

I had to enable “GPU scaling” in the AMD GPU settings.

This allowed the gpu to maintain the resolution of the sc2 at it’s max 2560x1440 and not stretch the graphics.

Took me some time to work this out, so I thought I’d share.

1 Like

I would like 32:9 added to for non-competitive game modes too. I would pay money for this addin blizzard…

no, you overspent to play an old game. It’s a fun game, a competitive game, but the ultrawide wasn’t part of the game plan, and I see no reason why they would add it now. I would love to see any sort of data illustrating that supporting 21:9 would increase players in a way that would be cost effective. If any rich player here wants to contract out for blizzard, you would be doing the community a favor, but since vs is just a size competition for epeens, it could always been done in a ranked arcade format that supports it, or some alternative, since i reiterate, it’'s very unlikely that blizzard is going to do this.
It would be a nice addition, but the game is in maintenance mode. Updating the display rez isn’t part of that.

All development work on SC2 has been ceased. There literally is not a dev team for SC2 anymore. This will never happen. Stop resurrecting these dead threads.

1 Like

Blizzard stated they will not add new features to SC II (unless necessary fixes…)

But let’s say they did. Then I would suggest that during matchmaking, as players get connected, the system should prompt a message to the player with lower resolution.

Informing him that he is being connected to a wide screen user and giving him the option to re-q or accept the match.

Also the system should prioritize to connect players with the same resolution settings.

This would cause wide screen users to sit a bit longer in q if they want to enjoy wide screen. But it would be a fair solution towards the majority of players I think.

Of course this would had been a great addition to any mode except ladder.

Unranked would be debatable, but since Blizzard officially stated that they ceased feature-development which i highly assume includes the addition of features like the one suggested in this thread there is really no point for a debate.

I want 32:9 aspect ratio. 21:9 is still too little :frowning:

2 Likes

Woaw what an idiot blizzard

this is pure garbage they can put fog of war, some people is playing in 4:3 monitor and other 16:9 others 16:10. 21:9 is not an adventage. IS ABSURD