Playing Zerg is stupid

My quote:

What you make of it:

Try to work on your reading comprehension. I’m sure there’s a lot of margin where you can improve.

Yea alright buddy, you’re lucky the season reset but dw I’ll be sure to ping you on this when the gm numbers are in for this season.

Really tho, there are multiple ways to explain why 40% of players make up 70% of games including the previously mentioned unranked/leave league options, different gm thresholds having different racial representation, or even cross server play. The fact that you state as a matter of fact

is nothing more than an appeal to ignorance that is provably false given the nature of race reports including total games played.

2 Likes

Zerg has the best economy in the game. If they are camping, why not get a free economic lead and force them to play your tune? Push the creep, make a spore forest, and go late game.

You see, what happens when you nerf the many strategies of a race, the meta gets condensed into one strategy. You guys deleted just about every opener Protoss could do - and now the only optimal one that’s left is to open void ray and go skytoss. Now you guys want to nerf it because it’s the ONLY thing Protoss is doing, and it’s frustrating to fight (because breaking turtle shells is understandably frustrating).

The thing is, this is the ONLY optimal Protoss strategy (ZvP). And now you guys want to take it away. It’s insanity, and if this isn’t some agenda to delete Protoss from the game again, I don’t know what is.

As for ZvT, well, all the crying got Terrans that far. I guess as a Zerg player, if you see the success in whining from the Terrans, it is only logical that you follow in their footsteps and whine as well. Shameful

2 Likes

This is just intellectually dishonest. VR openers aren’t “the only optimal one that’s left” it’s the one Blizzard buffed into OP before abandoning the game. It’s been shown that Adepts, Immo Sentry pushes, and even traditional Chargelot Immo Archon into Collosi Storm are still viable. VR is just the easiest viable opening because you’re safe from literally anything Zerg can do as long as you get a disruptor out before the queen/roach crawl reaches your third.

2 Likes

First of all, if you had even the slightest proof of your claim, it would already have been in your reply putting me in my place. You don’t because you can’t prove it and you can’t prove it because it’s simply not true.

Second, all of your suggestions you bring forward to explain why it would be true (again it isn’t) apply to all 3 races. To reach your 30-40% tossplayers making up 70% of the games, it would be necessary that basically only tossplayers would play crosserver/ play unranked more/ leave leagues more … or play it considerably more then your 60-70% other players. Otherwise you just would end up with your 30-40% of games T/Z v P again , which is probably much closer to the truth…

You can argue with those mathematical possibilites as much as you want, but I don’t think mathematics will listen to emotional pleading :slight_smile: . The ignorance and bias you show by trying to use those ‘possibilities’ to prove your claimed overrepresented T/ZvP matchups without realising they are as much applicable to T and Z players says it all.

Again, feel free to prove your claim. As long as you can’t, I’m pretty confident in my point of view since I have mathematics on my side.

Kind regards.

Imagine how much braindamage it takes to believe Protoss is underpowered as they dominate the pro scene, gm and masters. This is why it needs to be redesigned. It clearly caters to, ahem, less talented individuals and boosts them well beyond their skill level.

1 Like

Awfully convenient time to be making this argument when gm statistics aren’t available. It’s ok everybody that’s seen them last season will repeat what I’m saying. Don’t believe me feel free to ask any of those 6.5k+ players how often they played protoss last season.

Except it’s provable because yet again, race report has total games played…

Like I said though I’ll ping you a month from now as chances are the stats are gonna be the same as last season given there’s been 0 patches or map rotation.

I’m making an emotional plea yet you’re claiming protoss players play twice the ladder games of terran/zerg, the lack of self-awareness is staggering.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it :). If it takes to long, please expect a reminder.

If you claim the topplayers have a history of 70% v P, while only 30-40% plays toss, then it is your claim. If you claim something, you have to prove that claim. Me not believing it and pointing out that mathematics disagree cause of the aformentioned reasons won’t change that.

You already tried that form of malevolently misinterpreting. You can reread post 40 for your answer (after which you chose to edit your post :slight_smile: )

Kind regards

Dw I keep my word. I switched from playing zerg for 10 years to toss cause I promised to do so if they didn’t get nerfed after katowice, I can spare 30 min for an excel spreadsheet a month from now.

You’re right I misread, my mistake.

I read you requote post, and unfortunately you ignored the flaw in your reasoning where you claim the only possible explanation is that they play more games, which again is provably false given we can tally their total games played to deduct the # vs cross server and the like compared to vs themselves.

But yea, 1 month and you’ll have your proof. Can’t prove jack about gm ladder without gm ladder.

1 Like

We’re making progress but we’re not completely there yet.

Let’s do some comprehensive reading. After your claim I make a post where I say that your overrepresentation-numbers makes mathematical no sense and the only possible explanation would be that protossplayers play almost two times as much games as the rest of that playerpool,… and here it comes, please don’t tap out …,

after which I continue with

I find that very hard to believe., after which I continue with the rest of my post.

The part “I find that very hard to believe” is key there. Maybe you missed it but I doubt it. It basically says that your numbers are probably wrong and exagerated and if you keep claiming them, it’s you who has to resort to that argument because I find that very hard to believe :). I know starcraft 2 has a lot of younger players but normally they are capable of deducting what is said with this sort of argumentation. If one can’t, either one is trolling Batz-level (granted, there is a big probability of that too), or one is stuck and tries getting out of a discussion with a dirty trick which he hopes won’t be noticed. Unfortunately that doesn’t work with me.

But it does make sense because claiming 70% of games are against protoss is not dependent on 70% of gm ladder being comprised of them.

They really aren’t wrong, I mean I get why you’d doubt them but there is a plethora of testimony from pro players saying the same thing, even screenshots from last season of certain players’ race reports. Although nobody has compiled all the gm players above 6.5k to confirm they aren’t outliers, I checked multiple profiles at different times during last season and could not find 1 below 50%. Even now you can look at gm contender and confirm the rate they face protoss.

1 Like

Here’s the current stats for 1v1 contender on eu above 6.5k if you’re interested, I think it proves my claim well enough:
https://easyupload.io/axeu0b

Avg rate vs protoss = 0.54580063

1 Like

To be fair I took a look to the 1v1 GM in EU and it seems indeed that in the first week an aweful lot of protossplayers have been playing game which probably distort the numbers a bit: I’ll give you that. I’ll keep following it. If it turns out to be true when time passes, I’ll gladly change my opinion since facts are just facts and there is no reason to argue with facts.

Some of the tosses played over 100 ranked games already … One of them played 296. I couldn’t find a likewise result in terran/ zergplayers after browsing the top 200 and presume this might be one of the causes. I still think it will even out as the season progresses and will keep an eye of it.

It would be interesting to know which race plays the most games as well. Funny enough the reason might indeed be that tosses maybe play more if this keeps going. Going to be an interesting thing to follow and crunch the top 200 numbers of games played. You on NA? Kinda interesting what the numbers are there as well.

Yea and to be perfectly fair these vs rates should also be taken with a grain of salt given the same logic, so yea I’ll get the numbers a month from now.

Yea it also seems like tosses currently play more, and like you said this isn’t too out of the ordinary given the low sample size of games.

I am on NA but I don’t check our gm numbers cause our ladder is trash.

1 Like

What’s the problem with that? People are saying a lot of Zergs switched to Protoss, so Protoss population is expanding. That will increase the PvP.

I agree, Zerg is stupid. Mech is super easy to beat, you get a free 100 drones and can do whatever you want vs it. Skytoss just dies to queen walks, very silly.

They play more, there are more of them, so they comprise the most games of any race. Heromarine showed his game statistics page and it was like 10 TvZ/TvT’s and 90 TvP’s. It’s pretty insane right now.

Balance is so !@#$ed up it finally convinced Innovation to retire. You know, the Terran player with the most success spread out across the most versions of the game - the only player to take a premier event from Serral at hijs peak (before the zerg nerfs). If Blizzard doesn’t do something, it’s over, this game is done.

1 Like

Can you read? I said OPENER

What’s intellectually dishonest is you taking half of what I say and going after that. This is what any dishonest person around here does. They always take half of what I say and go along with that.

And if you have anything else to say, just keep this in mind before you say something dumb again.

2 Likes

The clown thinks that a Disruptor (that can’t kill the Queen) is able to solve the problem of the 10 Queens/Roach/Ravager attack.
It goes like that:

• Disruptor: I am going to shoot once!
  • 10 Queens: We don’t care.
  • Disruptor: But you have to return after 21 sec when i will ready to shoot you again.
  • 10 Queens: Sir Yes Sir.
1 Like

Also have very high win rates at pro level. Also have more Premier Tournaments wins. Also have… Basically any fact… But hey, you really FEEL like Protoss isn’t OP. And your feelings are what really matter.

2 Likes