Playing Zerg is stupid

Well, it’s not that the game is bad, it was best RTS but the balance design is broken.

ZvT : Mech player camping, and massing thors or BC that are invincible.

ZvP: Protoss going skytoss, snipe base with untchable voidray, cheese, or just camp and wait for invincible mass carriers.

If at least Zerg had some ability to be agressive, but mass battery or PF/tanks are unbreakable without losing half your army (then losing after).

8 Likes

Yep. Zerg need a harass unit!! And mobile harrasing units are only Mutas and SH. SH is super supply heavy, unmobile without Nydus, in low number does nothing, in big number can be avoided and Locusts are pretty kilable. And Muuutas? They are so brutal countered by Bio+Mine or couple Thors or Phoenixes… that no one without Serral/Dark micro build them…

3 Likes

viper counter terran mech. Against Skytoss on the other hand, zerg need massiv AA buffs and a counter to spamming storm…

1 Like

Because spore crawler forests, vipers to yank carriers/motherships, corruptors, fungal, parasitic bombs, neural and hydra’s under blinding clouds probably isn’t enough :slight_smile: ?

It seems more of a learn-to-play issue to me. If you want to know how the top zerg deal with it , take a look at some of the Serral/ Reynor/ Dark/ Rogue/ Lambo games and include some of their strategies that you aren’t using atm.

1 Like

?? you mean Microbial shroud?

aslo you listes what Zerg has to do to stop skytoss. You have to do several things.
I think the problem is the skill curve. While you are in moster mode as zerg… toss is running around with 90apm…
Currently this is a casual problem… From which you benefit as Toss.

7 Likes

yeah, pepegamoment of the day :wink: .

And with this I have to disagree again: I play all races (my toss and zerg are about the same level). When I play skytoss I can get away with 120 APM, while my zerg is ±200 (yes I know, I’m not the fastest man in the world). Most of that APM however, is spend on creepspread, injects, creating more units,… It’s not like that higher APM makes me magically play better as a zerg like some trolls pretend to be the case: as a zerg I just have a bit more housekeeping to do and as a benefit I get better vision, some bonuses and my eco thrives a bit more.

The fights as skytoss are as complicated as the fights with zerg: storm/disruptor/ chargelot archon under carrier/voids (with sometimes a mommaship) vs lurker viper near corruptors and hydra. I would even claim that the toss has to be more careful most of the time since if he messes up he can’t remax as quickly as the zerg (I often find myself having a bit of a bigger bank as a zerg then when I’m playing toss and injecting is very high on my priority list)

If one only builds carriers and A-moves you indeed he has close to no apm. It also gets one killed once one is capable of knowing the deficits of any strategy of X-unit only.

1 Like

so you say a zerg controlling several unit groups and spells all at the same time whilst protoss has to amove, and spam a single ability at the same time is balanced? I have to play at 400 apm vs. 17 apm and also macro, inject and prevent harass.

hmmm.

6 Likes

Playing vs mech is not a problem at all,in fact I would say that if ypu are T and play mech,you are playing the suboptimal style and the Z will automatically hace the lead on tvst game.Vs protoss you need to know your timings or at least manage control groups,because yes,if a P amoves you and you micro you van win easily,but thats lategsme,you can always do the queen walk for easy wins against skytosses, and if p is not.turtling into skytoss,make lurkers and its done.

Seeiously,as Z you have agressive options, if you want you can statt with roach pushes vs T and fast pools against P.

2 Likes

i say is a casual problem…
skytoss is allround. solid range. Aoe. tanky. Flying.
while you as zerg have only one allround unit… Hydra and they are victims of storm and nova…
For the rest you have to adjust accordingly. Especially if it is not only skytoss.
But casual is mostly P: Carrier + Ht + 6-8 void from early game.
and now expect a Zerg Bronze - Dia (Master,gm?) to play against…

I think it’s pretty obvious that I didn’t say. If one has the cognitive abilities to comprehend what one reads one will come to the same conclusion. If you really believes protoss only a-moves while also having to manage his HT with storm, his disruptors, his voids and make sure there are no unwanted charges, then you clearly don’t know how to play toss at all or either you’re just looking for an excuse for a style you can’t beat.

You have to play 400 APM vs 17 in gold league while macroing? Cool story bro. I really believe you and will take your post very seriously :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m not sure about ZvP but if ZvT is your problem then let me (friendly terran) give you advice.

Just go Hydra, Lurker, Viper - works 95 % of time. (The remaining 5% is ghost which can cancel your abduct, blinding cloud, para-bomb.

GL HF

I would also suggest building some infestors. There is nothing more fun as a zerg then to neural half of the thors/ BC’s the terran is attacking with and let them kill eachother off :laughing: .

2 Likes

Seems fair BabaplatinumGobatrash :man_facepalming: Perfect micro, building drones for spores, Creep spread all the time, moving Spores, Hydras Lurkers Vipers Corruptors Queens. Doing every step 100% other wise will babyrace roll you over with A-mobe mobile only-flyer army.

Yeeeeeeah veeeeery feeeeeeeejjjrrr

5 Likes

Always fun to see people confusing me with someone else and manage to do nothing but cry. Keep up the good work: you’ll get far with this attittude. Also flagged :slight_smile: .

1 Like

on the other hand… what did Toss do at:

• hatch- Droplord?
  • nydrus?
  • Infested Terran? funnily enough, that didn’t hit the ladder toss as much, but people still cried.

Also notice who upvoted that drivel. I notice a kind of terranification of some delusional Zergs here. Those clowns are borrowing terran delusion that their race-inflated APM is sign of their stellar micro and low protoss skill.
All those morons suffer by a serious disease: they disparage their opponent and inflate their “skill”.
As long as those imbeciles will insist in that, the golden rule will reign supreme:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, [The Art of War]

Protoss are winning 4.3x tournaments for every 1 zerg wins. They have 2x the GM representation of Zerg and 1.4x the Masters. Not even during Serral’s peak did Zerg win this many tournaments (it was 1.4x Zerg for ever 1 Protoss).

Protoss is definitively the most broken a race has ever broken, and has been broken for the longest period a race has ever been broken (based on GM/masters representation).

Still there are braindead protoss trolls who think protoss is underpowered and are begging for buffs. One guy said disruptors should be able to 1-shot lurkers. SMH.

7 Likes

Reported for spamming (trolling is taken for granted). Very interested to know the next name that you will use to spam and troll this forum.

I’m not unsympathetic to what’s happened to Zerg players recently, though it’s clearly a ZVP issue, not a TVZ one (though you did have a rough period of a month or two). But I want to ask:

Where were you guys last 3 years, when Zerg was dominating everything? Winning 70% of the tournaments with a huge spread of players, getting 5/8 in Blizzcon, etc. what were you guys all doing? Wait, I can answer that, you were attacking anyone who dared speak up as a whiner, when Terran went on the worst losing streak in all of SC2 history.

So, while I can be empathic to the majority of Zergs who got their race annihilated, I’ll give you a taste of what you were dolling out for years. Suck it up, buttercup. Stop being a whiner and deal with it. And in 100% honesty, it’s not nearly as bad as what Terran dealt with for the last 4 years.

1 Like

Terran whined it to be that way.

1 Like