Performance problems still not addressed

I have drops to 30 fps during large battle with ling bane, while in hots version 2.04 i get drops only to 54. On 4.1 ghz intel i7 and geforce 780. Still not addressed performance issue, this garbage game is still single core… But i had no problem in hots, since some update game got more demanding, but doesn’t utilize gpu at all… I have no problem in games like battlefield 4 where my gpu is running at 100% i get over 100fps on high… And it is on low in sc2, since lotv update 4.0 or 4.3 game is broken and lot of people started having drops even on 4ghz cpu and geforce 1080, gj job making game unplayable for most of people. It is 2019, when do you get multicore support, you are joke blizzard…

you are correct: the game did get more demanding. think it happened in patch 4.0. on the other hand: there is something you can do. look for GraphicsApi in variables txt. change it to Direct3D11. then change processAffinityMask to 255.

It is on direct3d11, but it doesnt help at all, affinity is by default all cores, but i tested -1 blizzard says you should uncheck one core, it may cause problems in their games, i tried every single thing from their tweak guide and it has 0 impact!! I lately was having decent fps almost 100 at 170 surprisingly, but it was just coincidence i think. Most demanding scenario is ling bane vs marine marauder mine and what not, than i have drops to 30 and in lategame even to 19. Blizzard is joke makes game more demanding, but it doesn’t utilize gpu at all, my gpu is used at 17%, or like 30% max. While i was experimenting with various setting, if you set details up to increase cpu usage, it helped, like setting effect shaders to medium what not, but fps was lower than on low, because it is more demanding than, it doesn’t work in any game, low is best setting. It is joke i won’t waste 1k for geforce 2080, since this gpu you supposedly get huge boost than with 1080 still sucks. Also you need 4400 mhz ram to get extra 10-20 fps because game isn’t optimized and 5ghz non hyperthreading cpu. If i switch off hyper threading i get decent fps boost like about 50% or something. It is a lot of better but still get drops to like 30 in mega lategame. Game devs don’t optimize their games, no multicore in 2019, same thing with cs go, it is still directx 9 and even pro has problem with fps… Because big corporations, want you spend every 2 years a lot of money for hardware… I have more than recommended specs, this game suck, my gpu should be used at 100% otherwise engine is crap…

how much ram do you have?

It is nothing wrong with my computer. I play bf4 on more than 84 fps average on high, which is exact count i am supposed to have and my gpu gets maxed on 100%.
I have 4.1ghz 3770k, geforce 780, ram 1600mhz 16gb ddr3. This is game issue, i downloaded old hots version 2.04 and tested 200/200 supply banes vs marine mines marauders tanks etc. and i had only drop to 54, while in lotv i get like 27 fps~ Since one patch multiple people reported drops… I used to play this game on geforce 8800 without any problems… It is game issue, my gpu works in pcie 1.1 in this game and runs only at 17% max 30%, while in bf4 gets maxed 100% This game doesn’t utilize multicore, it has multithreading, but it doesn’t max on them, it only uses like 11% max… I already tried everything from tweakguide on this forum and support, it is game, just garbage engine. And i don’t want give corporation 1k$ for geforce 2080 5ghz i7 and 4400 mhz ram and it probably wont run on 60min anyways… Same i don’t play much this game is crap nowaydays… Still anoying when i play i get drops under 30fps…

your graphics card is likely the problem. i have an rtx 2080 ti and i have no issues. i did test it on both gtx 1070, 1080 and 1080 ti and it ran badly even there. it runs flawlessly on my rtx 2080 ti. on the other hand: it runs well on older systems on weaker hardware. you could change to windows 7. it is compatible with your cpu anyway. if you want to use windows 10 however, you need a better gpu. that is partially because the game does not support direct x 12 and direct x 11 works better on older systems.

No it is not, problem is game isn’t optimized. It is like buying super computer to play 8 bit game. My gpu is fine. Problem is engine, because it doesn’t take advantage of multicore. This game used to run even on 8800, until they break it. Why should i buy overkill pc for 2k$, because devs doesn’t care and didn’t implement multicore support by 2019. They want you to waste your money and they don’t do jack sh1t. Yes i know about 2080, since 2080 there was like 50% increase in performance in sc2 opposite from 1080. I have recomended specs for this game. It is up to devs to fix it. This game is not demanding, it is suposed to run on geforce 750. PRoblem this f2cking devs don’t care and want you spend all your money to corporations. F2ck it, not getting 2080 to play 10 years old game which is supposed to work on 750 flawlessly. Id1ot devs no multicore support by 2019 And it doesn’t run flawlessly on 2080, you get like 200fps average and in big fights doubt you will get more than 60 min. If it run flawlessly you should get at least 600 fps with 2080, this game is old as heck and not demanding.

the biggest problem is windows 10. performance in games not compatible with direct x 12 suffers. if you downgrade to windows 7 however: you will get better performance. i can not do that myself because my cpu is too new. your cpu is not too new and compatible with windows 7. your cpu and gpu is supported in windows 7. even if you decide to upgrade to rtx 2080 ti you will still be able to get drivers. you could even multiboot with windows 7 and windows 10.

Already tried that 0 effect. This is game issue since patch 4.0 or 4.3, all players started having issue and complaining e.g. in big great hunters that game is laggier much sooner. They did same thing in cs go, cs go has same problem terribly optimized game runs only on direct 9 and doesn’t utilize muticore well. I used to play on single core cs go 137 fps min and after panaorama ui i get drops under 60 with multicore enabled… While in battlefield i have no issues at all… Even did firestrike and got same result like people with same pc even with better cpus… I get little better performance by disabling hyper threading but still… But one would expect that by 2019 game will get multicore support, but no this shows even more how blizzard doesn’t care, they just want money and care 0 about their customers. But this buy that, even addon for barracks cost money lol. Next time you will pay for each pixel on screen…

try to install windows 7 and see if things improve.