Patch 4.9.3, or "when Cradle of Death got fixed"

Amon Compositions

• Tweaked names and descriptions of various Co-op Missions attack waves.
  • Guardians spawned by Amon will now be more consistent with their stats in the original StarCraft.
  • Added the Massive attribute to Amon’s Guardians.

Cradle of Death

• Main objective timer starts with 30 additional seconds on all difficulties.
  • Main objective timer gains 30 additional seconds after completing an objective on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the build time of trucks from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Trucks are no longer consumed when completing a bonus objective.
  • The bonus objective timer is now paused while the corresponding construct is disbled and for 5 seconds after it dies.
  • Truck speed increased from 2.25 to 2.5.
  • Trucks now floors it when the main objectives have been cleared, moving 50% faster.
  • Replaced some Constructs from the second bonus objective with non-Construct units.

Bug Fixes

• Dehaka
    • Fixed an issue where Dehaka could bypass ability learning level requirements.
  • Fenix
    • Fenix’s energy no longer drains when Stetmann’s Stetzone configuration is changed.
  • Stetmann
    • Hardened Energy Shield is now only activated when taking 10+ damage.
    • The Mecha Lurker Den now has a default hotkey “D”, which can be reconfigured under Hotkey settings.
    • Fixed an issue where Stetellites would not become deactivated when enemy Carriers attacked them.
  • Zeratul
    • Legion calldowns now properly attack enemy units while Vorazun’s Timestop is in effect.
  • Mutators
    • Sentries will no longer evolve after casting Force Field with the Transmutation mutator active.
    • The Mecha Zerg rush no longer appears when Stetmann’s structures are taken over by the Eminent Domain mutator.
    • The Nukes from the Going Nuclear mutator no longer damage workers, town halls, or geysers on Oblivion Express.
12 Likes

Im a fan of these changes. The map always felt a little rushed to me, especially the first objective.

4 Likes

They are also faster if you already cleared the objective point!

I am eager to try it and see how much better it is, not quitting CoD would be a great improvement to my daily SC2’ing.

As for the patch itself I don’t see anything about Alarak bugs being addressed… I really hope that was fixed without them saying anything just like it was broken for no reason… I am getting very tired of it.

But hey gotta stay positive, CoD changes yay.

2 Likes

Wait, actually? Those are basically exactly what folks were asking for in that thread a little while ago.

Did they listen?!

Edit: /s, of course, the way coop has been supported lately really is great to see.

13 Likes

If the developers actually read the forums, saw problems people were having with CoD and made fixes based on that, then perhaps I should look outside to make sure the sky isn’t falling and the seas aren’t running red with blood.

In all seriousness, I’m really glad to see these changes. CoD was never a huge pain, but it could be an annoying mission at times and this looks like it will go a long way towards making the mission more tolerable.

Good job devs!

5 Likes

Alright I have good news and maybe bad news.

Alarak seems to be completely fixed now even though it wasn’t mentioned in the notes. He can attack trains once more and he didn’t stop auto attacking units a single time. The problem is that I think chrono on constructing buildings is fixed, I wasn’t able to use it with Alarak (no Karax ally).

15 Likes

I don’t think that the bonus time limit on cradle of death was necessary at all, but I am glad the truck is lesss sluggish now and that the bonus no longer eats the truck.

4 Likes

I stopped playing random maps because of COD, now I´ll give it a try again.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone at Blizzard who got these changes made!

11 Likes

My gf noticed the same thing with Zeratul. Oh well.

2 Likes

Has smb played CoD after this patch? Does the map feel a bit better or less annoying at least?

1 Like

I too never felt the time limit on the map was much of an issue, and I’ll still be bugged by how late the first expansion will be, but I think these are good changes to the map and will make a lot of people happy. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the patch notes! :grin:

2 Likes

CoD feels a lot better now, especially the change to make them move faster when the objective is already clear and also the truck not being consumed at the secondary. I think the extra time is overkill but I guess it should help people that were really struggling with it.

I still fundamentally dislike CoD design in it’s current form but the changes put it at a good point where I don’t feel like quitting it every time so good job Blizzard.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean: “fixed” I think it’s more like “made easier”. I personally liked it the old way, but I like how the bonus no longer absorbs your truck, and how they respawn faster.

2 Likes

Devs I know you are there reading. Give Stukov’s overlords excrete creep + ventral sacks already. Ty :fox_face::raised_hands:

1 Like

I am very glad CoD issues have been addressed. I always felt guilty for quitting the mission when the randomizer picked it.

4 Likes

Cradle of Death was never a issue for me on brutal difficulty. The one where we need to collect pieces to get more time and the train bonus objectives is way harder and the time is way more constrained.

2 Likes

What was wrong with CoD before?

1 Like

Many players agreed that CoD was very frustrating to play. It never felt like you have enough time, the trucks felt too slow/unresponsive, attack waves came out of no where and at the dumbest times, and many other complaints. The patch addressed most of them.

5 Likes

Trucks moving faster and tons of time added on makes it less painful to play.

Always felt like you had to rush from start to finish.