Patch 4.9.3, or "when Cradle of Death got fixed"

Regardless of whether you wanted to rush it, there are still players out there who force you to rush it regardless. A few times I’ve played this map and just ended up basically playing truck driving duty because it’s super easy for a single fast starter like Tychus to solo the damn thing.

1 Like

Finally, gg sc2 team, still rocking

There have been some other minor changes that I’ve noticed. More specifically: Lock & Load is harder now. Enemy units will now actively try to recapture locks, sometimes just lone units, so you have to build static defence (difficult if the unit is an Immortal though) or… the horror… get out of the habit of selecting all army!

1 Like

Lock and Load has been that way (enemy sending single units to recapture locks in addition to / in between attack waves)

I’ve ALWAYS done that with L&L… whenever we take a lock, I try to set up static d. Most of the time, it’s not enough to fight off whole waves, but it does slow them down and provide vision.

For example, leaving a few Auto-Turrets so that Tychus Medivac back in a hurry. Or with HH, Mag Mines and Turrets so that I can jump back there, or directly deploy Dominion Starport units there.

For those who excel at static d, they can hold their own, like Karax (that’s my main contribution as Karax on this map :slight_smile: ). With Warp Gate, I can bring in my own reinforcements to help out, and I leave a Probe or 2 to rebuild as needed.

If you can finish all objectives that quickly, then it’s moot. Otherwise, keeping locks from going back to enemy hands does save time in the long run.

I was never “struggling” per say, but one of my main complaints was never feelings like I had any time to breath.

Even if it’s not any harder or easier, that extra time to just stop and decide what I’m doing next feels great.

2 Likes

It’s honestly incredible how enjoyable Cradle of Death is now compared to what it used to be.

You can actually get the bonus now and it barely costs you any time compared to most clear map missions with an out of the way bonus.

3 Likes

Even with the changes—which took way too long to get implemented—Cradle of Dicktruckshun is still a $hit map.

Meanwhile at 2:15 on Part and Parcel…

General David: “We’re getting down to the wire. Make every minute count.”

Me: “We’Re GeTtInG dOwN tO tHe WiRe. MaKe EvErY mInUtE cOuNt.” -insert mocking SpongeBob

5 Likes