Opinion on improving Swann's Vanilla and Prestige

I think P2 was a wasted opportunity to slap Planetary Fortress on Swann and then having the repair drones fix structures up to full. It would make him almost if not as effective as Karax and maybe even better in infested maps as Karax does not have any splash damage static defense.

I like P1 the way it is (now that I’ve tried it out). I wouldn’t have minded this as another prestige (in fact, I also made this same suggestion!)

Repair to full would’ve hit the spot for me.

P2 is just a terrible idea to start with because Swann’s turrets aren’t even his best asset defensively. His tanks are. The turrets are just there to soak up damage while the tanks do the real work. Ditto for Goliaths vs Air Comps.

If you wanted to buff up Swann’s turrets just give them more health or as Kotetsu suggested suggested buff the hell out of Repair Drones on structures. Giving them tiny little buffs to their offense is completely meaningless.

This time, with Grease Monkey prestige I implemented an instant build for towers via Orbital Drop pod. I added additional +50 Vespene Gas for disadvantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qY26Xv7fgI

As a result greatly boosts Swann’s defensive and offensive capability, with Hellion/Goliath builds I didn’t ran into much gas issues. I think it use bit more disadvantage but as it is much more viable than it is now.

2 Likes

I like this idea looks fun, it’s like Karax’s instance warp in. May need some balancing. If they had made something like this, I would had used this as my main Swann.