Open Discussion - Prove Protoss is OP

Too many forum spammers recently crying about things without backing it up. Once again, I am asking any T/Z players to prove that Protoss is OP. Post numbers from sources that can be accurately replicated (so I can easily search and verify it’s true). Perform statistical analysis that indicates Protoss is stronger (I’ll verify your analysis). Without crying, show me your PROOF. If you approach this discussion rationally, I will reciprocate. If you start throwing random insults, I’ll ignore you. It’s been over a year since the last balance update, so there should be plenty of data.

4 Likes

Ok then, I’ll start.

“TOSS your army on a-move and be a PRO”

PRO-TOSS

2 Likes

h ttps://ibb.co/hgxff7S

4 Likes

Sc2 replay stats for the last year, all leagues:

h ttps://sc2replaystats.com/stats/analytics?group_by%5B%5D=player_division&group_by%5B%5D=matchup&matchup%5B%5D=PvT&metric_options%5B%5D=win_percentage&date=January%201,%202021%20-%20September%2025,%202021

Not a big skew, but yeah it’s a little protoss favoured

1 Like

According to pros,if you think protoss is broken,maybe it is because you play in wood league and not at high level. People should accept that fact since this game is about gitting gud.

1 Like

More delusions, little man. Batz is gonna destroy you with statistics yet again…

Correction - According to PROTOSS pros…

When polled by an interviewer at Katowice 2021, most pros said protoss was the most OP race.

And saying that anyone who thinks that protoss is disproportionately powerful isn’t good is the closest the thread has come to slinging insults so far. Congrats on being that guy.

3 Likes

But there is nothing wrong in getting stuck in gold / platinum. And if Protoss is broken in Platinum, the issue should be investigated by the team.

If there was any.

?

SC2 replay stats is inherently biased - data comes in only when players submit their replays. I don’t see it as a valid source to draw any conclusions from.

1 Like

It’s a pretty good representation for the ladder as whole.

why would that skew results in favor of protoss more than reality? You need a valid reason to reject data.

2 Likes

I ALREADY showed you ladder stats, aligulac data from the past 4 years, and the disproportionate tournament wins from (Minor, Major, AND Premier)…

Those stats meant nothing to you. Why don’t you tell us what stats WILL satisfy you, little girl?

3 Likes

It could, but it also could not be. It would be much better if the data were sampled through genuine random means from the actual ladder population. The best and most objective way to obtain data would be through some form of API request or using a source that uses that kind of method. I think rankedftw and Aligulac do this.

Read above for reasoning to reject the data. As for why it might skew results towards Protoss, I can only make guesses. The website is for people to submit replays and then look for ways to improve their gameplay. Perhaps people are submitting more games where they lose vs. Protoss than Protoss players submit games when they lose to the other two races.

You got shut down so hard I’m betting you were banned for a week because of the insult you threw at me when things stopped going your way. This is classic behavior from your average whine Terran - the moment you start picking at the flaws in their logic, they will shut off any rational part of their mind and resort to namecalling and crying.

I have nothing more to say to you. I’ve already taken down your points, and it’s clear that you’re still just out to throw insults at me because you’ve never been beaten this badly before in an argument. Obvious coping mechanism, and I’ll have none of it here.

I’m here to settle the debate once and for all, not waste anymore time reading whine posts and insults from a group of people here who can’t accept reality. If you have nothing better to say, go troll another thread.

1 Like

Fact #1: the ladder promotes/demotes to equalize win-rates to 50/50.
Fact #2: win-rates should always equalize anywhere the ladder is able to do #1 regardless of balance.
Fact #3: the only place the ladder can’t promote/demote is in GM, the highest league, and bronze, the lowest league.
Fact #4: in GM, Protoss lead with a 15% higher win-rate in PvZ.
Fact #5: the imbalance is undoubtedly much higher than this, since the ladder has demoted close to 1/3rd of the zergs that ought to be in Grandmaster.
Fact #6: if Protoss is OP and the ladder is equalizing their ranks, then a flood of protoss should be heading up the ladder, which is exactly what is happening.

It is demonstrably, factually, wrong to state that it’s a “little” protoss favored. It’s massively Protoss favored. 15% is the bit that is punching past the ladder’s ability to promote/demote players. If you look at the promotion/demotion of players it shows a flood of protoss flowing into upper leagues.

3 Likes

For one, you should cite your source so I can follow up on this (it better not be SC2 replay stats). Following up with fact #5, GM ladder is not a good representation of top level balance. I’ve told you this many times already. The GM MMR lower range is not representative of top skill level, and it only accepts very active ladder players. I’ve given longer explanations in the past, but this is the general gist of why you need to stop mentioning GM ladder.

Like I said, back up your information with statistical analysis or valid sources of data. You’ve already made this similar argument in the past with the binomial distribution, and I shut it down.

So demonstrate it. Show it as an undeniable fact. If you think the game is massively Protoss favored, you should at least be able to convince me that there is a decisive favor in Protoss. As it stands right now, I only see a slight favor in Protoss due to the void ray buff and shield battery overcharge going a little overboard. Show me where things went wrong.

Fact #7: making claims without proof just shows you don’t have the mental capacity to articulate your arguments.

2 Likes

Once again, I have asked you to do something and you don’t do it. Instead, you choose to describe yourself. No one wants you to describe your failures or shortcomings. If you have nothing better to say, exit this thread.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/X85Hb3b.png

Do you see these? These are the match histories of the entire SC2 ladder indexed by player ident number. Do you even know how to get this kind of information, let alone analyze it (correctly)? Intellectually, you are a yapping yorkie swimming in an ocean of monstrous predators. The only reason you haven’t been swallowed up by an oceanic beast is because you’re too small of a bite to even bother.

Wow a screenshot of a bunch of HTML firefox files… You’re done here. Next

2 Likes

Oh, I got banned for a few days #worthit. You started disrespecting me like the fake little keyboard warrior you are (talking about my daddy and such), then you ran and told mommy when I told you exactly what you know, you’d never have the balls to say that to my face. It’s fine, it’s typical. Girls are so good at making themselves the victim.

You didn’t “argue” with anyone. I know you’re just trolling. You couldn’t be nearly as stupid as you’re trying to portray. You got hit with a million different arguments and they all just bounced off you like bullets off the superman of idiocy caricature you’re trying to portray.

1 Like