Observations of Mengsk After Nerf

Show me those Dehakas on random queue that you’re always talking about who solo the map in 6 minutes before Mengsk can do anything. Because most of them start with rockslapping for 3 minutes.

3 Likes

Must be on NA server

1 Like

15 supply versus the bunker’s 12, for 300 extra minerals… worse deal one cannot get… drop a forward bunker for fast troops… allows gear switching and mass repairs for mech… Mengsk is not Raynor, extra CC useless

1 Like

It usually the RG that you want to keep alive anyway. No one care if the entire army of Troopers die, we can replace them easily but not RG.

1 Like

Yes 2 zergs. One 100 mandate and the other around 60.

If you think so then have fun not having faster reinforcements.

The CC is just a big Barracks for Mengsk that also grants supply. You’re right he’s not Raynor, Raynor’s Barracks don’t provide supply.

2 Likes

There are many new players, you can’t expect everyone to play well. I play Mengsk on one base mostly, making infantry, and clear maps with no difficulty.

It all depends what skill level is your ally, not level of the comander.

And yes, some Mengsk players out there are out of their minds with their decision making, but you can’t buff that. For example calling in a bunker and leaving units inside instead of changing to workers. Or making 40 workers on one base and dying to the 1st wave because they don’t know that worker can be changed to troopers. Or going mass royal guards on one base. Or going ESO so slowly that iclear the map before they start bombarding.

All this redicilusness can drive one nuts, but take a deep breath, there is no cure.

2 Likes

I got all the reinforcements I need… maybe if YOU made better use of calldowns, you wouldn’t lose 100 troopers per second and wouldn’t need to pay 400 minerals for 15 supplies, when you can have 12 for 100… Not to mention that UPGRADED bunkers (upgrades!! what are those??) have 600 hp and 3 armor and provide shelter for troopers (oh and range bonus… range?? what’s that??).

Just keep throwing minerals at ENLISTEMENT centers if it makes your day. And keep thinking you’re the ultimate Mengsk expert. Whatever makes your day sport.

1 Like

Geesh. You are the living Xmas spirit.

2 Likes

That would be NO… heck they didn’t even put a couple snowflakes to decorate the forum pages for the holidays… why should “I” behave any differently than usual??
Starcraft is about war, destruction and death, and this discussion is about the best strategy and tactics to simulate war, destruction and death… good luck sugarcoating THAT… even if it’s just for the holidays…

I was attempting to address the concerns a lot of folks on these boards have about the fragility of Mengsk’s army.

Obviously Bunker cooldowns are an option, but they’re limited and they take away mandate generation from your big hitters.

But, if you’re not having a problem with the fragility of his troopers, and you have plenty of extra mandate to spam bunkers, then WHY are you complaining about his supply depots like you were?

There’s a lack of consistency here, that makes it hard to follow your line of reasoning.

His army isn’t fragile if you use the tanks provided.

Its easy to overestimate your army in early game where you have a bunch of medivacs, a blob of troopers maybe even with some MGs and 3 or 4 royal guards. If you just mindlessly F2-A that into an attack wave or base then you’re gonna lose it.
Its a mistake I used to make a lot while learning Mengsk and I think it’s the only real explaination for these concerns.

However, if you play him properly and specifically use his tanky options then his army is s more than fine.

As for adding more enlistment centres this is an absolute must have especially in late game. I just don’t feel like waiting 2, 3 or even 4 drop cycles to to pick up all the dropped weapons. Its a completely waste of time and rebuying instead ad of reusing those weapons soons gets more expensive than macro centres.

2 Likes

Agree with everything you said.

Well if I guess 4+ cc can work if you’re evil and instead of 3/3 with weapon infantry you keep mass murdering your troops.

I never needed more then 2cc, but maybe I’m to nice for my troops :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It sounds more like that you don’t play above regular Brutal difficulty. At that level every CO is OP.

Actually I do but whatever.

Rip +6 on Oblivion express though

I can spend all my minerals on troopers and guns with 2 CCs

You’re an allied general instead of a soviet marshal. To each his own.

1 Like

You can build as many ECs as you want\like, but it’s NOT a necessity if you que up troopers non stop before\during AND after a battle… and the occasional bunker drop helps a lot… Maguro does A LOT of mengsk solo POST new patch; he always exhaust the bunker drop charges and rarely if ever builds more than 2 ECs… maybe a third one sometimes but he’s soloing so the need to create walls with larger structures is also a BIG factor… if you’re not soloing and constantly que up troopers you’ll be fine with 2… but hey, minerals are plenty, burn them the way you like…

Queuing troopers nonstop? No dice. I’d rather queue some, then spend the following minerals on upgrades and royal guard.

The point about late game I made… Its a situation where I am either very near the supply cap or have hit it. I couldn’t queue them if I wanted to so this doesn’t work.

I could probably spend more mandate on bunker drops past early game and if its just to get a better grip on the mandate cap. Still, it seems like a waste to spend mandate on something you could achieve with an 800 mineral investment as commander that drowns in minerals.