Nov 16th 2022 CO-OP Patch Notes (oh yes they did)

Stetmann just told me to upgrade Gary in P1 :sob: :sob: :sob:
So not only have they mixed old things and new things, but some/the new things are indeed not implemented.

Was this explicitly fixed? B/c he’s been doing that for the longest time now. In fact, you find this in other cases, like Kerrigan P1 still making reference to Omega Worms.

still cant place waypoints for scourge for zag before its fully built :frowning:

I thought “Fixed an issue with Stemann’s voice line for Upgrade Gary.” was referring to that, hence why I reported it wasn’t fixed when I expected it to be.

The weird irony of the original patch fixing a bunch of things but having no notes and this “patch” having notes but fixing nothing :joy:.

4 Likes

The original patch also didn’t fix as many things, but what it did, it did fix!

1 Like

Necroing to ask if with 5.0.11, the changes have finally been implemented.
My daily game was with Swann, so I could not tell so far.

Played Abathur today and pretty sure I wasn’t able to Double click nests.

Did 2 games with Swann, I didn’t try the Wraiths but idle SCVs still randomly stare at a building under construction next to them (the Multi-construction skill gets the active grey overlay thingie but they just turn towards the building and don’t help).

So maybe it’s just this “auto construction AI being unpredictable” that’s not fixed, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up about the rest being actually fixed (playing on EU, but I don’t think it’s just because they messed up the patch deployment yesterday that the changes are not implemented here).

I stand corrected I just did an Abathur game specifically to check and I could double click the nests! This is so awesome for setting up traps and will make it much more enjoyable for new players to learn “The Lure Game”.

Is it too soon to say “Back in my day, we had to manually turn autocast off each Toxic Nest individually!”?

details here (English translation in the post below OP’s)

1 Like

Seems to be pretty much what’s already listed in the 1st post of this thread (there’s more in 1st post).

Swann’s SCVs still get randomly stuck with the autocasted “Multi-construction” but it does seem to happen less often. Can confirm the Warp Gate transition & Mengsk’s Troopers/Workers drop pod rallying are fixed and that’s neat (didn’t see for the Shadows’ auto-Cloak, got used to do it myself and didn’t remember to check Aegis Guard/Blackhammer fixes).

Another thing I’m not sure if it’s an undocumented change from the patch, but I don’t remember seeing burrowed Roaches moving towards Ji’nara on CoA and Vipers actually using their pulls on mixed Normal/Hard difficulty before (casters like Ghosts/Vipers usually don’t use their abilities, though I already encountered weird balance like big waves on that in-between difficulty).

If there was a(nother) ninja patch, would explain the order of the missions for the mission picker dialog box got changed!

For AI behaviour like this better to look at the AI behaviour pages on coop page. What I think you’ll find is that Vipers will always use their Abducts against massive air units (maybe you did some missions without massive air units before) and Roaches will always burrow (there’s only 1 Amon comp with Roaches so it’s relatively rare).

Ok, Zagara Scourge Nest rally point is indeed fixed now.
What other bug did she have already? :grin:

Keep in mind I am not talking about the usual Hard or above difficulty but the strange mix of difficulty happening when both players have different settings selected.

I’m not using Massive units every game, but with the amount of games I’ve played and the number of times those were mixed Normal (me)/Hard (ally) difficulty, I don’t remember encountering this behaviour before (I remember seeing some abilities like the damaging anti-Air Cloud yes, but not Abduct). For Roaches moving across the map while burrowed, maybe I missed that.

So it may be my mind playing tricks on me, but I have already got 3 games on Normal/Hard since the patch where the enemy composition included Vipers and those abducted my Pride Of Augustgrad and Reavers. And even a Casual/Hard game against Protoss “classic” on VT where Arbiters appeared in the mid-game wave and there was an Hybrid Dominator with 2 Destroyers in the last Thrasher area. Seems fair when one player is on Casual (granted I’m leveling Fenix’ P1).

I believe Vipers are only designed to abduct massive air units so if you have a replay of one abducting a ground unit we would be very interested.

They can abduct both ground and air units, very useful for p3 artanis since they abduct unbound fanatics (UF spawn bug is fixed too, btw), they also abduct thors quite a lot

1 Like

Yeah you’re right I was confusing them with Abathur Vipers.

Still, nothing in the AI that would suggest that the behaviour would be different between difficulties (beyond that casters won’t spawn in attack waves on low difficulties).

Well, I checked Starcraft2coop’s AI logic page again and there’s several abilities I’ve never experienced on standard Normal or mixed difficulty (either from attack wave or base defence units).

For me who sticks to those lower difficulties, Oracles may use Pulsar Beam but not Stasis Ward, Sentries don’t put up Forcefields, Ghosts don’t use their energy and forget to cloak most of the time, Ravens are just Detectors with Auto-turret, Science Vessels are harmless Detectors with repair, Infestors only know how to spawn/spam Infested Terrans, and until now, Vipers would just use Parasitic Bomb if possible and flee.

Maybe I’ve just been lucky and never got to trigger their other abilities, but when comparing triggers for those and triggers for Psionic Storm, Yamato Cannon, Brood Queen’s Ensnare and all Hybrids’ abilities I see regularly, I doubt it (I like to use varied compositions across my Commanders so I’d say there are plenty of occasions those triggers are met).

Though I only saw Vipers starting to use another of their abilities (Abduct), not Ghosts or Ravens who would also be obvious, so I don’t know what’s going on either.