No Sound for StarCraft 2 Only

So I had sound until recently, but I can’t seem to get it working now. I’ve tried to different mics and have tried looking into the game settings and my computer settings and can’t seem to find the problem. Other than StarCraft 2 saying I don’t have a mic. Everything else seems to work with sound fine, just not Star Craft.

This will often happen if you have audio software such as MSI Nahimic or Sonic Studio installed. If we’re running either of these let’s go ahead and remove them to test.

4 Likes

Instant Fix thank you very much!! Have a good day :slight_smile:

I have been using MSI Nahimic since the creation of my current rig and playing SCII with zero audio issues. Suddenly, there is no audio for SCII while all other blizzard games and the battle.net app working perfectly with sound. This issue reared its ugly head just days ago but, suddenly it’s the additional software’s fault? This issue is clearly on blizzard’s end alone. To suggest otherwise is absurd. Now, I have to uninstall software that’s been working perfectly in order to get sound back in SCII while all other blizzard titles and the desktop app are working perfectly with audio? I guess I’ll be uninstalling SCII and just playing other non-blizzard titles until this issue is fixed… on Blizzard’s end; where the issue lies.
:thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t have any of that software installed yet when I launch SC2 it mutes EVERYTHING ELSE as well on top of being silent… youtube videos still playing in the background but no sound. How do I fix this?
Speaking of fixes I’ve found threads dating as far as 3 years back about the no sound issue - do tell the boys in development to stop drawing sprays for Overwartch for 5 minutes and fix this crap, would you?

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like