New game patch breaks game client - please fix

4/23/24 - this morning, both the US and Europe servers required a mandatory downloaded patch from Blizzard - after this patch was applied, the game client has been permanently destabilized. Even with graphics turned down to minimum, the client will not load into games and the windowed mode will not remain stable. There is 75% “lag” present as well ie: you cannot perform basic functions such as going into the options menu w/out some lag. Whatever you guys did or patched, I have never seen this result before ie: an unplayable client. I attempted to load a known, working custom map by myself ie: solo, and even that would not work / failed to load even with no other players attached. Please fix the problem, thanks.

4 Likes

Hello tech support and others reading this - someone in the lobby was kind enough to let me know to turn OFF the mature language filter which fixed the problem, the client is now stable and playable. I HOPE that you guys set it to auto-disable with the new patch tomorrow, otherwise, you might lose players over it / who don’t know. Please post some notification for your playerbase. Thanks and thanks for trying to fix the hacking problem which probably initiated this fix.

5 Likes

Im totally amazed that this actually fixed this! thank you so much!

1 Like

This fix worked thank you

1 Like

This makes me think Microsoft is trying to sneak in some sort of new chat monitoring/reporting software…maybe even an llm filter or something sus.

what fix?! the custom game is all messed up, is freezing all the way and in game in custom lobbies or in arcade the reconnect popup is displayed and from that point on you can’t play anymore. even the loading time is like several minutes

What a total crapshow. Blizzard. TEST YOUR PATCHES. This would have been easy to catch if you did the bare minimum required to publish a patch.

1 Like

thank you for the solution!

Hey all,

I let know Bliz know about the lags and hangs with the recent patch. I also let them know about the discovery of the Mature Language Filter workaround.

Just to highlight:

Thank you! Was incredibly annoying.

Hey folks,

Another patch was pushed last evening that hopefully addresses the lags/hangs.

If inclined, try reenabling the Mature Language filter to see if the lags/hangs are cleared up.