New EULA dated March 21, 2024

Hello there

I see that there is a new EULA that the launcher and various parts (including the customer support section of the website??) asks me to read, understand and accept before proceeding.

I have read some things within the new EULA that I do not agree with, and, as per the EULA, tried to contact customer support. This, however, takes me to a part of the website which wants me to first accept the new EULA.

So, in order to contact customer support in regards to questions and concerns about the new EULA I must first accept it…? What is this? A joke?

Assume I do not accept the new EULA, according to it I loose access to play the game(s) that I’ve already purchased, even years ago. This cant be correct.

Could someone provide me with an email address from Blizzard, or a way to contact them in regards to questions about the new EULA without having to first accept the EULA which I have questions about??

1 Like

Hey Ecip,

Customer Support isn’t able to provide interpretations of the EULA, so contacting them likely wouldn’t help with your questions.

Looking through the EULA, I don’t see anything that instructs people with questions to contact CS. Where do you see that?

That is correct. The EULA is an agreement to use the platform. Thus, if the agreement is rejected, you aren’t allowed to use/play any service on the platform:

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE BLIZZARD PLATFORM OR GAMES.

The closest thing I see to what you want is Section 11 - Dispute Resolution. But it’s a formal process, not to be taken lightly.

That would mean that I no longer have access to games that I’ve purchased way before this EULA was even a thought. How could I accept this?

Do not resist, press it, press the Agree

Battlenet games aren’t sold, only licence to access the game service is.

So if the EULA is rejected, access to the platform is lost and thus the licenses are therefore forfeited, no matter when they were purchased.

But they were being sold as games before. I don’t think new Eula can effect games that were being purchased before ‘license seeling policy’.

Microsoft can only end their online functionalities but then we should minimum have single-player functionality left and lan functionality what so ever.

It’s always been this way. The only time anything is/was sold is/was physical media, as in the physical disks, boxes, box content, etc. But not the access to the game service.

I don’t disagree. But that’s not up to us unfortunately.

I think the most troubling piece of information isn’t that access to previously not-platform reliant single-player games is now being revoked-

But that the subscription plans for WOW aren’t being automatically cancelled if someone rejects the change to the EULA. The now former-customer cannot cancel their subscription due to being locked out of their account, and payments are being made without their consent for a service they are no longer being provided.

I can’t wait to see the lawsuit that comes out of this. Given Blizzard’s track record they won’t be able to weasel out of this with “this is just an innocent mistake!” Blizzard’s going to be slapped with theft charges and maybe this shambling stitched-together walking corpse of a company will finally be put to rest.

You say this like Blizzard has never updated the EULA before.

They never locked you out of your account full-stop for not clicking “agree” before. You’re intentionally being dense.

Yes they have? Thats literally what clicking “decline” does. You don’t get to use the product if you don’t agree to the terms.

Are you not listening? I said Blizzard has never locked you out of your account, unable to lock back in in any way after refusing to click agree one time before.

4931 posts and your reading comprehension is in the gutter.

Well, this is just wow.

What kind of company would do this? I mean, just as an example using starcraft 2, when I paid for it, it said “Purchase” and “Buy”, not “License” and/or “Rent”.

Needles to say, I will never purchase anything from Blizzard again.
In fact, this is a sort of wake up call to only ever, in the future, purchase PHYSICAL products, even if it is in the form of an installer.

This is absolutely pathetic, and no way to treat any costumer. Absolutely scummy in every way.

I suspect the games that are non reliant on Battlenet wouldn’t be affected that much. I can’t see them really knowing if people still played D1, D2 (pre Ressurected), WC1, WC2, WC3 (pre Reforged), SC1 (pre Remastered). Could Bliz really police something that doesn’t use any central validation? Doesn’t seem like it.

1 Like

Yea, that’s not correct. When I purchased StarCraft 2, for example, it certainly said “Purchase” and “Buy”, not “License Now!” or “Rent Now!”.

This is absolutely disgusting behaviour.

It’s to purchase/buy the licence.

Funny how people are suddenly having an issue. This has been the case since Battlenet 2.0 went online. People have been agreeing to this for over a decade.

Then its my license. If someone then takes it away from me, it’s theft. Right?

You can try to rationalize it how ever you need to fit your narrative. Unfortunately, neither you nor anyone else agreed to that condition when you bought it, and haven’t been for decades.

It’s no more your license than a movie studio licensing Pepsi to use in a movie. The studio doesn’t own anything of Pepsi, except the right to use it in the movie.

Well, you know what… good riddance. Removing all Blizzard products. They wanna screw a paying customer? Fine. I’ll get my games back. Dont you worry.

It’s no more your license than a movie studio licensing Pepsi to use in a movie. The studio doesn’t own anything of Pepsi, except the right to use it in the movie.

That’s exaclty what you’re supposed to do if you reject the agreement, so kudos.

I couldn’t care less if the only recourse you’re capable of illicit.

Good luck in your gaming future, which will involve very similar EULAs no matter where you go.