New EULA dated March 21, 2024

If I recall correctly games as old as at least Warcraft 3 now require you to launch through Battle.net which means that you would have to fully remove the current versions from your PC and then re-install from an old physical disc to get around it.

For sure. The remastered versions of D2, SC1, WC3 would be an issue.

Bliz still sells the original D2, original WC3 still works fairly well and SC1 would need a little tweeking to work out the graphical glitches.

Good point.

I asked Support about this.

Totally not ideal workflow-wise, but players can submit manual tickets to have their subs cancelled. These two steps should allow people to skip the EULA screen.

1. Use the bowser’s incognito mode (to prevent any cached or active sessions which could prompt the EULA screen), and
  2. don’t log in to the website. From there, navigate to the ticket path.

If at any point it asks for a login, somewhere on the screen is a ‘continue without logging in’ type of thing. (Something worded like that.)

Since there’s no login, identifying info would need to be put in the ticket, ie Bnet email for sure, plus whatever else it asks for.

And note the ticket number after submitting in case it needs to be referenced later.

Well, when I bought the games it was on physical media. Yes, Starcraft II. I even have that CD key. So that new EULA is problematic for some of us who have been playing a long time, with breaks.

And it could be up to us, if some people weren’t defeatist.

AGAIN, that part wasn’t an addition or change. It’s been part of the EULA that people have been agreeing to for decades.

It hasn’t changed.

Hah, this is beyond pathetic. I can’t even log in to delete my account without being forced to accept the new EULA.

Omg, you and your 1st world problems… smh.

Imagine defending a multi-million dollar company effectively engaging in theft.

Yikes.

I certainly realize people’s concerns with this, but why are people suddenly making a big deal of this now? In the past 10 years this kind of thing has happened numerous times.

Not accepting the eula and deleting a bnet account have the exact same outcome, completely lose access to the account. And one of the resident hypocrites is having a conniption about not being able to reach the outcome the way they want. Calling him out for that isnt defending anything or anyone.

ftfu

Not accepting the EULA has NEVER resulted in access to all of Blizzard’s games, along with your battle net account being locked before. Neither has it resulted in you being UNABLE TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO WOW.

Your schools have failed you if your reading comprehension is this poor.

Hey all,

Just quoting Nalzerion for context (not replying directly to you. :slight_smile: )

Not accepting the EULA has NEVER resulted in access to all of Blizzard’s games, along with your battle net account being locked before

I haven’t been following how previous EULA popups played out in terms of blocking anything. But it’s important to understand that regardless of how any past EULA popups played out, they all had the same intention/consequences if rejected: stop using the Battlenet platform. It seems that the only difference with this most recent popup is that it’s actually enforcing it.

The conditions/rules/expectations/etc haven’t changed in years.

Neither has it resulted in you being UNABLE TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO WOW.

I posted about this when it was pointed out a few posts above. See here:

I suspect the same could be done to close a Battlenet account too.

You will own nothing, and you will be happy.

1 Like

What exactly do you think should be done in terms of adjusting laws and such? Not sarcasm. A direct question.

My understanding is that just playing the game counts as agreeing to the EULA whether you acknowledge it or not. The old video games just had a piece of paper in the box that covered it. The old “By installing this software you agree…” text. The checkmarks and buttons are just for the developer to have proof that you claim to have read it.

(I don’t see much point in this conversation but it’s a refreshing change from people arguing over which race is least favorite by the current balance choices.)

EULA, terms and conditions and other stuff like this are often partially or completely illegal/non-applicable, but that will only be recognized in your favor if you bring your lawyer.
Money and influence before justice.

Sounds like we need government institutions to regulate TOS agreements.

1 Like

No laws need to be adjusted. That Blizzard has taken an unreasonable amount of time in properly addressing this problem DESPITE knowing about the issue is knowing gross negligence at best, and fraud at worst.

Blizzard likely has charged the majority of people who denied the EULA for a subscription fee on a game they can no longer play, all while disabling access to their account to cancel that subscription, likely hoping that former-players will forget.

All it takes is one of the people affected by this to bring this to an attorney and they will likely start a class action, especially if the post from our good pal in CS is used as an exhibit proving they were aware of the problem but did nothing to fix it for an extended period of time.