New Commander: Arcturus Mengsk revealed at Blizzcon

It is official:

Edit: below is my original post that created before Blizzcon:
I found that in a Chinese forum, from Blizzcon:
http://img.nga.178.com/attachments/mon_201911/02/baQ5-9je6K0T1kSdg-sg.jpg
For anyone who cannot load this image, it reads:
ARCTURUS MENGSK
As Emperor of the Terran Dominion, Mengsk uses state-controlled media, strategic propaganda, and a mastery of oration to consolidate power and rule with an iron fist. Behind him is the full mignt of the Terran Dominion, and with it the majority of Terran military power in the sector.
COMMANDER TRAITS
Mengsk commands disposable yet versatile rank-and-file Dominion Troopers and his personal Imperial Guards, who are able to level up in battle.
When Mengsk’s Imperial Mandate reaches certain level, he can wage total war with impunity - sending Zerg specimens into combat or blanketing entire cities in nukes.

13 Likes

None of this information seems like something they would have on a splashboard.

They want to encourage people to go inside. It would defeat the point if all the relevant information is at the front door.

Nobody cares if Mengsk and Kerrigan in 1 team, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Confirmed, Arcturus Mengsk is the new commander.

That’s a weird choice.

10 Likes

Huh. Plot twist. Would have figured Valerian.

9 Likes

Arcturus coop commander announced.

People able to play against deepmind agents (Diamond/Master level, much weaker than the ladder ones) and play as arcturus coop commander at the Blizzcon arcade at Blizzcon. That’s all they mentioned concerning sc2.

Still more than I was expecting.

Awesome! Can’t wait, been waiting for another Terran Commander

3 Likes

I’m glad for much of anything for Starcraft. I dread that every new commander will be the last.

5 Likes

Officially Announced now during the opening ceremony.

not a big surprise. i did interpret it from stuff released before blizzcon.

1 Like

Okay, but will you be able to call a horde of Zerg to shaft your partner and win solo?

6 Likes

Blog is up:

3 Likes

I have trouble to load the live stream myself :frowning:
Anyway, I am curious to know how do Corporal Faraday, Sergeant Kowalski, Lieutenant Morales and General Davis order their emperor.

1 Like

Luke Skywalker is the next commander? I did not see that coming.

I thought Horace Warfield, but was Arcturus.

Oh no, i need to see his gameplay :frowning:

He turns workers into marines, and backs them up with a bunch of gas intensive elite guard units.

At level 8

Allows Shock Division [tanks] in siege mode to fire at air units while picked up by an Imperial Intercessor [medivacs].

What… The…

3 Likes

So basically, Mengsk is Stalinist Russia but with tons of Nukes… Sounds Great!

13 Likes

He’s a snake, but he’s our snake now :slight_smile:

7 Likes