Name Change in Starcraft 2

Hello, my name is Jester or Gutsman and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a name change. Like i want to change my Sc2 game name to something else :confused:

Howdy!

For starcraft 2 itself, there is an entirely separate name system. To access this, you need to enter the game, then click on your profile in the top right. A window will pop up and you will see your in game name along the top bar of the window. Click the gear icon (settings) to access the Change Name option.

Keep in mind that you can only change your Starcraft 2 name like this once in a long while. The system for allowing Starcraft 2 name changes is entirely automated, so be very careful when picking this name. Customer support does not assist with mistakes with name changes in Starcraft 2.

If you need to update your battletag instead, we offer a support article on how to do this Here. If you do not have a free name change left you can purchase a BattleTag Change Here.

Thank you.

Hi, I already payed for change my player name as YosiMato, but when I play the game the name GhostSniper is still there, and I can not change it, please can you Customer Support help me

Hey folks,

Starcraft 2’s name is actually separate from your battletag. Apologies for the confusion, it looks like we thought you were talking about your battletag rather than your in game name. I edited the post above to clarify the difference.