MrMonk please talk to us

You have it, its called rally point.

Actually I don’t understand why this talk goes on. If Stukov is that bad without bunkers then how do I play him all the time going tech + rax? Every time its an easy win. Pretty never used bunkers, even before patch. So am I a magician? Am I a grandmaster? A genius? No, I am just a usual SC player. Why making no bunkers is not a problem for me but is for so many others? May be players must simply accept a simple thing? Make units and go attack Is it that hard for a game where you must make units and attack?
A bunker must initially be a building where you put soldiers inside, not get them for free out. If you ask me I would nerf them even more - to a point of a… you know… bunker.

What none of you seem to take into account is that other commanders have been more OP than even the old Stukov and have not even been nerfed yet. Which means the “broken bunkers” argument does not hold water. One might not like the bunker strategy but it is a unique feature for Stukov. You can do brutal missions with queens + a few barracks as mineral dumps only. But such arguments are not relevant to the subject. Finally, nowhere it is said “brainless” strategies are forbidden. Afterall, mass cannons Zeratul is even more brainless in my view.

4 Likes

The endless off-track debate over a change that will never reverse… on a topic regarding the lack of communication from the team.

Are people really hoping this will be noticed just because Monk is in the title? Commander revamps will come but the recently/old-new changes will not reverse simply because one thing - it is way too recent.

1 Like

Bunkers do have rally points but when you set them, you also move the Psi disruptor.
You are asking why do you need it.
Why not have it?
Beside you might strategically need them on a special occasion such as when you are sending two teams of Infested into two separate targets.

And besides Infested Bunker play was dear to lot of us, so when they greatly nerfed we were shocked. We can accept changes and nerfs but when the developers nerf something we like significantly to a certain point, we have to talk about it.

4 Likes

If you are sending 2 teams of infested to separate targets you are supposed to control those infested directly… following the beacon mindlessly is part of their identity

Also infested Bunkers are fine… they were nerfed, but that just means you need to Occasionally use Broodlings for defense or Some Marines for Offense. Mass Bunker is still a valid strategy. (just not the best… for best strategy you stop at 10-14 Bunkers and use the rest of the minerals on a stream of Marines (5 Barracks is enough to use all your minerals income)

2 Likes

Guys its time for reverse psychology.

Monk please DO NOT talk to us.
Blizzard we do not want to hear any news about sc2 coop.
We absolutely do not want any new coop content or updates!

5 Likes

Maybe he’s meditating on top of a Tibetian mountain monastery about Starcraft. Like Zenyatta does in Overwatch. xD

I wonder if Tibetian mountaintop monasteries have wi-fi…

(I am not trolling, I hope it doesn’t get interpreted that way.)

I… Kept reading Tiberian… It’s almost better…

(I at least always welcome jokes)

2 Likes

Have you considered my suggestion of starting a changeorg petition to empower Stukov and make him great again?

1 Like

Its been a month since the last patch… please talk to us

Considering the insane backlash, and out right mean comments the community made directly to Monk, because of the last patch, I would be very surprised if he ever wanted to talk to anyone on here again.

6 Likes

He knew he was pulling off the bandaid. That’s almost certainly why he threw the nerfs into the game and quickly slammed the door without talking to the community. Which, fair enough.

2 Likes

He barely talks to the speedrunners he supposedly loves and caters to, so…

1 Like

I mean, we don’t even know if he’s allowed to be very vocal on here. Words can be taken out of context, and innocent comments can set expectations higher than intended. With a volatile community, especially one that currently treats you like sh!t, why would you want to?

3 Likes

Was there a time when coop was getting patches and dialogue every month?

It was irregular… but patches (not only co-op) did come every month…
Type Starcraft 2 Liquipedia Patches (sending Link are forbidden T_T)

Kinda, sorta in late 2016:

September - Patch 3.6 - Alarak
October - Patch 3.7 - Nova
December - Patch 3.9 - Stukov

Yeah 4 years ago. That’s why I’m wondering why people are expecting anything different today, than like a year ago. Plus I’m pretty sure every company gets really quiet around this time of year because things slow down due to holidays/vacation.

It’s nothing to do with the holidays; the slowdown in new content has been a thing for 2 years or so. Case in point, no new maps for over 18 months.

Totaly legit, we need some info. I am even ready to buy a new commander if the commander is interesting to play.