@mods delete this topic, it's full of trolls

Mod Edit: This thread has been derailed by trolling and harassment, so we’re locking it down.

“May the Khala’s Light guide us” -Artanis

In Starcraft there is the Void in the lore, but not much mentioning of the Light. It’s strange because In Diablo and WoW lore there is both Void and Light at the beginning of the universe, the dualistic existence trying to dominate each other. The soulpool of all living creatures is called the Light. But in Starcraft, they nearly completely left this out for explanation. It’s the other way around in SC, where the Void gets worshipped and seems to have created life forms and everything in the universe.

Why is the Light in this universe not worshipped but Darkness instead? Maybe both? Since Artanis said “may the Khala’s Light guide us”.

So Protoss and Zerg are both created/modified by the Xel’Naga , which derived from the Void itself. Some say that humans are also under the influence of them, although there is not much related from terrans to Xel’Naga that i could find.

When you check out the meaning of Void magic channeling especially in the WoW lore, it is all about harnessing the Light energy in life forms, consuming their souls/essences. The ultimate goal of the Void is to enslave the Light to its own will. Influencing and weakening the pure Light in creatures.

So why was Kerrigan allowed to ascend up to Xel’Naga? The psionic energy which flows through the minds of the Zerg to command them, is Void energy itself. When Kerrigan became the Queen Of Blades, she suddenly had a much higher Psionic Power level. She got possessed, exactly because she was highly psionic before and thus sensitive to psionic possession by the Void. She was made a demon, when you look at it from a blizzard creation myth point of view. Of course the Xel’Naga took her, she was much richer in psionic power than many archons together were. Transformed through that Void energy of the Zerg Overmind, why shouldn’t she fit into the whole Void Xel’Naga creation story? Why shouldn’t they want her up in their ranks?

So back to Terrans and the Light. in WoW and in Diablo aswell, humans were made by the Light! Though In Diablo humans actually are created by both Angels and Demons (Light & Void beings). Humans being more powerful than angels and demons in psionic strength. In WoW the Light is most holy to humans and the power which enlightens and blesses them, giving them immense holy psionic powers for cleansing the world free of Darkness/the Void. The reason why Blizzard doesn’t mention the Light in Starcraft lore much is maybe because of the Void’s deception and manipulation of life. Just as in our current world, there’s rather an atheistic point of view we’ve got in the terran story. Even though the Holy Light sure as well exists in the Starcraft universe. “To the Protoss Nerazim, everything that taints the Void is considered Unholy”. How strange.

There seems to be a dualistic functioning of the psionic mind, which can harness its source from Light or from the Void. Depending on ones actual emotional state (hate/love). In Starcraft this is not explained directly in such way, but the given parts fit perfectly into the picture of all other creation myths by blizzard and their psionic ability stories. There are answers in the WoW lore to the unexplained things in SC lore, which you couldn’t ever find in just studying SC, providing deeper understanding of the Void itself for example. In SC lore the Void is way too mysterious and not telling much about itself at all.

Am I just crazy?

Yeah. For real. Straight up.

7 Likes

This is one of the most interesting posters we’ve had in a while

You’re drawing a lot of parallel where there is none. This is not Heroes of the Storm’s forum, you know?

Regardless, in Carrier’s short story, it was stated pretty clear that the Protoss is heavily associated to the light. There is also twilight psionic power where the Protoss utilizes both Khala&Void. Maybe you should try to open that can of worms, instead?

1 Like

see Spirit, you complete my work. i’m no expert, and that’s why i’m here. to get some exchange. i didn’t know that the protoss is heavily associated to the Light, though i suspected it. to open this can of worms is exactly what i wanted. coz i knew that there must be the Light, when there is the Void already. But what I also want is to find out where terrans come from. Who created the human being is my question, in the SC universe.

the reason why i am connecting SC to WoW and Diablo is because of the fact, that in all three lores, there is the Void & Light. and in all those universes, it’s ALL about psionic powers… about harnessing those Void and Light energies and channeling them through mind and willpower… even in Diablo, Hell’s shadows are being cast through ones mind. wheras angels cast the Light of Heaven just the same way, through mind. coinsidence?. i don’t think so, they are truly obsessed with the idea of sorcery. one more point is that humans are to be found in all universes. and only humans, there is no other race by blizzard that is in every universe. there are so many identical texts from the WoW lore that just perfectly fit into what SC sais about psionic powers. the only difference is that the Void in starcraft is not being portrayed as utterly evil and horrific like in WoW and in Diablo. About that i was wondering too. EDIT: my bad, the khalai actually is against Void channeling. and what they call psionic power in starcraft, is called magic in WoW and Diablo… which makes me think that psionic power is = magic (casting/channeling/sorcery). and vice versa, in whatever universe. the UPL was against psionic powers amongst humans and they even considered it unholy…

PS: one example i can give is the primal Zerg which have been created by the Xel’Naga. The primal Zerg functions in such way that they kill living creatures and absorb their Essences. whereas in WoW lore it sais, that Void magics mostly are used to consume the Light out of living creatures…

oh and… the first borns of the Void in SC (Xel’Naga) in official artworks just look very like the Voidlords in WoW xD tentacles and many many eyes…

of course there are parallels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Psionic powers aren’t magic. Just because it does the same thing, it doesn’t mean the same thing. Trebuchet isn’t Mangonel and vice versa. Terrans originate from a common ancestor with apes on Earth.

Your parallels are pointless and connect separate fictional universes just because they come from the same company.

2 Likes

Diablo’s Void (a book only concept) is only a Prison, not an energy source.

It’s almost like we’re humans IRL !

Alleria disagrees.

Er, not really. The Xel’Naga did modify them to survive Zerus’s firestorms, but they were still there before, and Zurvan implies that Essence consumption was something they did from the beginning.

Hahaha, no. There is only one Void Lord depiction, and it looks more like a giant Voidwalker pet than anything else. You’re mistaking them with the Old Gods.

the Void in Diablo lore is called Hell… i’m not talking about a prison here. the Lords of Hell use the fires/shadows of Hell, whereas the angels use the Light of Heaven. this is Diablo basics. that’s why humans are the nephalem in Diablo, the ones who are capable of channeling both, the powers of hell and heaven (Void & Light), because they are the first ones born by both, angels & demons.

oh sorry, i meant old gods…they are the prime evil of Void in wow but whatever right?

so wrong

You can call Diablo’s Hell the Void if you insist, it still isn’t the Void as understood in WoW or Sc lore, mainly because it is malevolent in nature while the Void is neutral.

Not even true. The Old Gods are minions of the Void Gods

1 Like

update: Void Lords* – from the source i’m reading, the old gods are the void lords… one and the same… first entities born within the Void. i don’t even know why i let myself mindchange by you.

turns out, it’s very true

I actually read your stuff brother. Arguments won’t work. I think it’s time to ditch halves of our sanities.

We stumbled on a prime example of

“I am not a an apple tree. Unicorns aren’t apple trees. Therefore I am a unicorn.”

ahah i’m done with both of you.

You said it already. Go ahead. No one’s stopping you.

1 Like

go on doing what? i just won’t discuss further with you. if i could kick you out of here i would

Want to read an outlandish theory of my own?

It’s HOFF. HOFF is back and with even greater mastery of his form.

you’re nothing but a troll :wink:

Go ahead. Not on.

I didn’t tell you to go on with anything.

Go ahead with being done with us.

I am a half-troll, if anything, it’s no secret.
Given that you are a condescending “smart” guy with know-it-all attitude and excessive use of emojis.

Your comments are bereft of reason and logic, your argumentation is flawed and you are an embarrasment to our species.

Have a nice day and live happily.

1 Like

get out of my *topic… seriously

yea right… excessive use of emojis.

It’s not your forum. Mar with his excessive knowledge of Azeroth, Koprulu and Sanctuary has been patient enough. Besides it’s my turn to be the bad guy.

You know, there was a guy called Kelis some time ago. He had major holes in his argumentation and he refused to listen for quite some time to any counterarguments from the rest of the forum, but he was nice, extremely polite and kind of pure.

So far you haven’t shown any redeeming traits.

1 Like

you son of a troll, stop flooding my topic. you have brought no argumentation yet, just denial and trolling. i’m trying here to explain of which Power the terrans come from, and not if from Apes or from Bears. i mean the other one had some argumentation at least and didn’t troll me.

i wasn’t offensive to you what the hell are you talking

you’re the troller here.