Maru vs Trap - balance discussion

Ok, if this isn’t the proof Protoss is op, I don’t know what is. The single best player to ever play this game lost to a mid-tier Protoss player in straight macro games. Now that is just absolutely ridiculous. Maru microed like an absolute madman but still lost after severely outplaying trap on so many levels. Protoss’s economy is beyond broken when even the best player in history can’t figure a way to win versus a lesser player. They just have way too much stuff way too quickly. I think I’m going to stop watching GSL as I already Protoss is just going to dominate everything until the end.

Also, the commentators (Artosis and Tasteless, 2 Protoss players) are so biased it’s ridiculous. They even admitted they want more Protoss and kept saying « it’s harder for Protoss » when MARU, the GOAT sc2 player lost to trap, a B-tier player. Protoss is a lot easier and more powerful and everybody knows it, even Protoss players themselves (they just wont admit it because blizz would remove their auto-wins).

Please blizzard, if it is true that you balance the game around pros, then this is a shining exemple of terran being underpowered and needing heavy buffs to core units (siege tanks, marines, medivacs, etc) and economy. Not just for the terran players but also to have a healthy community.

-A worried terran player

1 Like

You mean the same Maru that lost to Solar who cant even beat Cure?

This is Trap. Supposedly the best PvT in the world who just got stomped by Dream.

Love how you dont even mention Dream easily finished firsit in the group.

Did I mention that Trap and Maru are teammates and it is well known that Trap knows how to play against Maru’s play style?

11 Likes

You are so biased it’s not even funny. It’s not a playstyle thing. Maru has no « playstyle » he is almost perfect at everything but nothing beats Protoss when it’s abused properly.

Dream is an amazing player and DESERVED to get out of the group. Trap just played horrible vs Dream. Didn’t abusé toss properly. Too greedy and bad plays.

Anybody who thinks Maru is the greatest player to touch the game is clueless about Starcraft 2.

Lol @ calling Artosis a protoss player. He’s a Terran fanboy through and through. He is an S rank Terran in Brood War, which is what he really plays, not starcraft 2. All his favorite SC2 players are Terran and you can see his affection towards them when he hypes up guys like Taeja and Dream to no end, calls TY smartest player in SC2, etc.

Maru hasn’t found anything to abuse nowadays so he went back to what he always was.

9 Likes

Didn’t Dream beat trap??

4 Likes

Sadly Maru didn’t play his best today.

5 Likes

So how did he lose to Solar then? More super overpowered Zerg and super overpowered Toss?

So if he is so perfect and he still lost to Trap… how did Dream easily beat Trap? Did he play more perfect?

Do you spend even a moments thought on the things you say?

7 Likes

…a PachTerran.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
----------------------================---------------------
P.S Give credit where credit is due:
Maru is a PatchTerran.

BatZ .TM.

3 Likes

Oh my god more and more whine coming please l2p

2 Likes

when was the last time maru actually played good? whiny terrans always praise him to sky what a terran god he “WAS”. Maybe 2 years ago - but who cares. he is pretty mediocre right now, nothing special, just like somebody as heromarine, ty etc. neither of these ppl have a specific playstyle they are all the same honestly.

Maru still way too overrated. can only win gsl in the past, thats it, and he avoids playing serral since he was beated up so hard 2 years ago and in gsl vs the world as well.

4 Likes

LOL, first i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and thought that because his posts were so absurd, pompous and biased they were just a parody of the standard whineterran. A kind of anti-terran-trolling.
Now i am having my doubts that this guy is not trolling but he really thinks the BS that we all see 24/7.

4 Likes

Trap is considered best protoss and maru gged out instantly, because he lost drop one game and 2nd game he fought with 1/3 his army. So that’s not best game to show power of Protoss :smiley:

6 Likes

Maru played quite inconsistent the past weeks, hasn’t he?

To make that as an argument for your general opinion about balance is really bad faith argumentation …

If you want to talk about specific gamescenes where you can point to and say : “hey look at this, he should’ve won this engagement” post it and we can talk about it, but in general I think you shouldn’t draw this conclusions so quickly.

7 Likes

But that’s not to say, protoss is legitimately OP, even in gm. Look at gm representation, it is on 37 already and climbing! And it used to be even 40 and last 2 years protoss has highest gm representation all time! And win rates last 2 years in TvP are massively in favor of PRotoss and when you also play game on high level, you can see why…

But i think on top 32 level TvP is more balanced. If i look at kr ladder on 6k mmr, Terrans have worse win rates in TvP and Protosses best in PvT, but than on top 20, or 32, it is better. But game is still not perfectly balanced and it is very bad design for one race to have all in every game and so boring and unfun to play…

I don’t see any issue here.

Trap is a better player than Maru. In fact, he finished ahead of Maru in WCS points last year. Him beating Maru is an expected, and logical result.

That combined to the fact that Maru can’t even beat Solar and Cure (are you gonna blame balance in TvT?), should tell you that Maru is not as good as you think he is…

3 Likes

At least link the game and point the timestamp of imbalance moments.

1st game Maru didnt had detection on time, lost a lot of workers and even wasted a scan because he didnt catch a dt,does a mine drop that kills two probes and one stalker, then make a single med drop and loses.

2nd game plays greedy, got dropped with his units far away from the base, lost a lot, his army did nothing.Split his army walks under storms without dealing decent damage.During the last fight he EMP the templar once they landed the storms, maru didn’t move away from them, on top of that he started the fight misspositioned, half of his army away from battle, and his ghost didnt emp the templars, I think he had a good chance to emp 5 HT with a single emp, but no scan so he probably didnt see them and thought a couple of collo were dangerous.

3 Likes

Let me get this straight. You suggest to buff Siege Tanks, Marines, Medivacs, etc? And on top of these buffs, ALSO buff T economy?

I’m afraid to think what “etc” means here. Would you see every single T unit buffed on top of an eco buff?

You’re deluded if you don’t think that would lead to huge balance issues. Sc2 is a delicate game - even just buffing a single unit can have a huge impact on balance.

The fact that you’re even suggesting this with a straight face takes away the credibility of any valid points you might’ve had.

I’ll just assume that you weren’t seriously suggesting such extraordinarily widespread buffs and that you just worded your post that way by mistake.

Personally, I am under the impression that Maru seems to have been losing a lot lately, and not just to P. I Could be wrong because I do not follow the proscene flawlessly, but rather just watch a game here or there when I find the time for it. Regardless, I think that if Maru was once the GOAT - he holds that title no more.

And if I’m wrong in saying so, even a stronger player can lose to weaker players on occasion. This would assume Trap is actually weaker which currently - I am not so sure about.

Trap is looking really strong lately whereas Maru seems to be losing steam.

5 Likes

It’s proof that Maru had a bad day. Nothing more.

This forum will never learn but…one tournament is not a trend.

1 Like

And if Protoss goes 33% in GM, what’s next? Will you invent another metric that will consider Protoss rapresentation in Masters?
This moving arbitrarily the goalposts is so …terran!

1 Like

I didn’t invented anything. If you looked at graph, which clearly shows, Protoss has most gm players since 2018 by a large margin. Instead of trolling, than you couldn’t spill nonsense like that. But you are only trolling…

https://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=6
1 Like