Maru vs prince shows the problem with TvP

Literally the greatest esport player to have ever graced sc2 almost lost to a nobody protoss because of a random cheeses. Maru only won the first game because the protoss wasn’t very good and didn’t start a gateway earlier. The second game, MARU LOST to a random all in from a Prince (???) because as a Terran, you can’t be ready for every all-ins in the book. Protoss has just too many all-ins and you can’t know which one is coming your way or if he is just playing standard macro (which heavily favours protoss).

When the greatest e-sport player of all time in sc2 almost loses to a nobody because they are good at abusing the race, just goes to show how broken the match up is. You can just lose to random all-ins from protoss even if your the literal god of sc2.

8 Likes

Cant prepare defence in time against all in not balance issue only your mistake

1 Like

The problem in TvP:Terran almost lost a series.

22 Likes

Problem is nobody can only win somethimes lose happen

of pure chance. Prince had 98 minerals when maru’s scvs escaped. It’s amazing when you think that Prince would have won if he had only mined optimally (mining the closest fields) which he didn’t.

Maru’s hellions saw 1 probe in gas scouted 6 gateway. So no it wasn’t random.

Not a balance issue.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous isn’t it? People on here complaining because someone didn’t win hard enough.

Prince played extremely well for a first timer, and I look forward to seeing him again.

As for calling him a nobody in comparison to Maru, well, Maru was a nobody once too.

13 Likes

No…It’s not ridiculous. I feel the feeling when angel leaves the game. Sad, so sad, he is still crying. The world is blaming him. He see pain, blood, evil. But he can’t do anything.

1 Like

What the hell have you been smoking?

1 Like

You didn’t know. But someday you will get the same feeling. When you want to become angels. And I guess that’s why I play as protoss.

More campaigns in starcraft 3, much better.

1 Like

:eyes: :popcorn: The Terran “almost” lost because they were playing PvT. Even though the T was so much better and P shouldn’t have had a chance.

nothing new here. nothing to see. Ill just watch the match to see how Maru over came it. That’s the only part I am concern with at the moment. Can someone post the replay or where I can see it.

Ill give P the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are some protégée and will be the next Protoss king. And this match gave them the experience they needed to take that next step… Matter of fact I give every P the benefit of the doubt and they are mostly better than T players -\(")/-

1 Like

Go on afreecaTV on YouTube! The last video they posted

The problem is that MARU shouldn’t lose a single map to someone like prince if the game was fair. Prince isn’t even CLOSE to Maru in terms of skills. The fact that pleb protoss could still take a game off the mighty Maru is disgusting.

4 Likes

Did I watch Zs win a game against a top level pro. interesting. note taken.

3 Likes

zealots are just too strong. I think they should nerf their health by at least 10 points.

3 Likes

The 3rd game ok to watch. they had to be overly defensive in the beginning just because they did not know what was coming. honestly if prince would have started the game like the 2nd one and went blink first he would have won since maru was being so defensive. he had a little ptsd from the 1st 2 games.

terran cant find new loses to whine about, so he whines about wins, why am i not surprised?

8 Likes

I am more so making an observation. I mad a thread about the many ways that lose to in the 1st 5 mins and T lost to 1 out of the 2 of the ways attempted in the match up. should have lost to both but maru experience and quick thinking got him out of one of them

If the game was fair, cannon rush should be able to do damage to terran the same as can do damage to Z or P, but T gets a free win against cannons, they can lift the base, they can make cyclone that shut down instantly that strat.

Prince didn’t play well at all man… He lost to Scarlett…

2 Likes

Thinking Scarlett is some sort of slouch shows just how little you know about anything that isn’t Terran centred.

9 Likes