Many COOP bugfixes

People figured it was that way due to the wording; but yeah it got confirmed all the way back to the PTR that it was only SG casts, not the time stops.

Was there a different set of text during PTR? I couldn’t remember:

• Time Stop becomes targeted. All Shadow Guard who have died are resurrected at the target location.

This seems pretty clear as a read-alone. If one is looking at the gameplay without paying much attention, then I can see the confusion. Either way P3 is solidly cover by Shadow Guards lol.

1 Like

Don’t think it changed, but there was a discussion about it at the time. Thanks to the power of exponents, it was pretty clear that it’s just the SG casts though.

Yeah, that’s right. Now that you mention it, I remember when prestige rolled out there were speculations on how P3 worked (as not many played PTR and at the time haven’t reached P3 themselves).

1 Like

Honestly, Vorazun feels mega one-dimensional, even with her prestiges. Why play Blink Stalkers when you have DTs? Why use Zealot/Archon when you have DT/Sair? Why play Void Rays when you have DT/Sair?

I also wish her Oracles had less target priority… It’s so annoying having to micro something that moves that quickly. I’m not Has, here.

2 Likes

That kind of reminds me of running dungeons in WoW: Why use control abilities when you can kill everyone quickly… and with Vorazun, why use control units when the top bars are the best control abilities around.

Though I thought Rays are good against armored air… outside of Black Hole that is.

Well I can neither confirm or deny that now nor have the replays to support it. But I do remember casting SG only once for the rock clear and the succeeding ones get spawned from Time Stop, maybe it did or did not or I have accidentally stumbled on a P3 bug and exploited it unknowingly. Though I haven’t played Vorazun P3 in months since I usually play random and if I did get Vorazun I’ve set it to P1. Anyway, I might as well get used to it.

TBH I find DT-Corsair effective but clunky to use. I still mix in some Centurions and Stalkers from time to time for support and as fodder, sometimes I throw in a few V-Rays if I need extra anti-armor.

In my game just now with an ally Vorazun with pylon prestige, the dark pylons didn’t cloak my flaming turrets.
Is this something that got broken while fixing things? Or I may just have ran into a rare condition?
https://i.imgur.com/JuWjONs.jpg

Well, burrowed units are already hidden, right? The more important thing would be if they gain cloak when they unburrow.

1 Like

This. Burrowed units are technically counted as cloaked, so Dark Pylon/Cloaking Field doesn’t affect them until they pop up again.

And then when they unburrow since they are still cloaked they won’t aggro enemies and they can just run past to the bot, lovely ally thinking they are helping :smiley:

To be fair, Zerglings already do this. 'Ling and Tuna Fish AI is just… Weird sometimes.

If I get a part for every time an ally lost a bot to Zerglings on Bel’shir, I’d have enough parts to build a Gary.

2 Likes

What’s the chance of us getting another “patch” that’d work with minor changes, like the numbers?

IIRC, Infested Banshees stay cloaked when they burrow don’t they?

For Vorazun’s passive, cloaking or burrowing cover that either way!

There has been a hotfix for Mengsk… he no longer gives an “enemy attack” announcement when he’s warning about enemy cloaked units.

You can suggest to CTG in his discord who’s in contact with Harstem who can supply fixes to Blizzard. I personally still want a couple of other fixes provided (mostly minor and QOL).

What I understood is Blizz can only apply fixes provided in the editor which do not require further code changes, or additional work like new visuals, voices, etc.

So I think we are mostly limited to bugfixes as balancing underutilized CO (Artanis, P2 Stukov, P3 HH, P2 Vorazun & Void Rays, P1 Kerrigan, P2 Nova) would probably require more than changes in the editor.

Things I’d like to see fixed in 2nd batch:

GENERAL

• After Warpgate Research completion, Gateways will automatically transform into Warpgates, even if a unit is in production. That unit’s supply and cost is not refunded.
  • Beam Weapons are unaffected by attack speed buffs.
  • Players can play at 180 mastery points by using an arcade exploit

ABATHUR

• Brutalisks can be Feared, despite having the Frenzied passive

ALARAK

• Structure Overcharge can target units with Polarity even though it cannot damage them
  • Slayer Phasing Armor neither cancels Hybrid Destroyer’s Graviton Prison nor prevents any damage
  • (QOL) Alarak becomes fully controllable 3-4 seconds slower than other heroes

ARTANIS

• Arkship Commandant (P3) Unbound Fanatics do not spawn if Orbital Strikes are targeted on top of structures or sieged Siege Tanks
  • Black Death damage ignores Guardian Shell
  • Abilities casted by Power Overwhelming ignore Guardian Shell invulnerability and still damage the unit

DEHAKA

• Dehaka cannot leap into a group of Siege Tanks
  • Dakrun and Tyrannozors are instantly killed when Double-Edged is active
  • Impalers are pulled by Fatal Attraction while burrowed

FENIX

• Kaldalis and Warbringer DPS is limited by attack animation and internal weapon delays

HAN & HORNER

• Widow Mines lock on and fire at units in Polarity

KARAX

• All of Karax top bar costs 10 minerals 5 gas per cast with Microtransactions
  • (QOL) Solar Lance and Orbital strikes remaining charges can be accidently canceled by clicking in fog of war
  • MENGSK
  • Emperor’s Shadows do not autocast Labyrinth Cloak when taking damage

NOVA

• Nova’s units are not resistant to Stun effects as stated by her level 1 trait, but stun duration is halved

RAYNOR

• Hyperion attacks units in Polarity, even though it cannot damage them

STUKOV

• Infested Diamondbacks are not affected by the Mech Attack Speed mastery
  • Using Chrono Boost on the Infested Colonist Compound does not increase spawn rate

SWANN

• Pulse Cannon does not 1-shot units with Barrier due to it dealing six instances of damage instead of one large damage tick, allowing Barrier to trigger

ZERATUL

• Legion calldowns can be have their warp-ins delayed by stasis abilities
  • Herald of the Void Zeratul Tornadoes do not damage units in Time Stop

PART AND PARCEL

• Hybrids on Part and Parcel can teleport onto unpathable terrain, preventing them from being attacked by melee units
1 Like

Just for clarity, all the fixes were done by a community member completely on their own time (about a month). Bliz had to begged to take and implement the fixes. So essentially, Bliz didn’t do anything in this recent patch (except copy and paste the changes to the live service).

So the probability of another patch comes down to both 1) the desire of the community member to make more fixes, and 2) Bliz’s desire to take and implement them.

1 Like

That does not invalidate what I said. Tenor created patch and Harstem communicated to Blizz which made it released.