[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

Me too 2 two tuo tue

Same issue, but with a slightly different outcome.

Waited ~5min and eventually, the game started.

Dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/ZNyEPTF8

Same here, first problems started showing up after the first server shut down yesterday…
The game launches after app ~8min

Also same here, can’t work in editor or lauch the SC2 at all. Only blank window and green progress bar.

Same here ;(. i think that is the new windows update

Thank you guys, we are investigating.

8 Likes

Same issue as well. I launch the game and a loading pop up appears and it keeps loading the game for 4-5 min and then I get into the game. It’s frustrating.

Adding my WinMTR file here as requested on my ticket:
pastebin. com/zHTmfhYJ

Update:

It seems the problem has nothing to do with Windows update. Different account, different PC, Windows not updated, and yet, same things happens.

2 Likes

Hello, sry for spam but have same problem…
Yesterday I played normally, my notebook wake up about 22:00 start updating and today i cant play and i dont do anything other after this loading problme i try to update everything but nonthing help :confused:

BTW: I come back on SC2 after 4-5 years thx for all work that blizzard did :heart: love all your games :heart:

2 Likes

I have a same problem since today.

When i lunch Diablo it work normaly, but when i lunch SC2 :(.

Help! Fans will eat me alive if I don’t release the Before Darkness Falls arcade update soon! Can’t launch editor, can’t test. I don’t wanna die. :frowning:

here is a solution that enables you to start the game faster: start it with Battle.net in offline mode. while it will require you to log in from the game, it does go faster.

Experiencing this exact same problem since yesterday evening! Game starts loading, I get a kind of progress bar for minutes and minutes. In the end, the game doesn’t start. (Before, it started in seconds.)

In what might be a related problem , checking for updates (which I tried to see if a new update might solve the problem) also doesn’t seem to ever start. Just stays stuck at ‘checking for updates’.

Same issue, stuck on a windows loading bar following a Win10 Pro update. (i7, GTX1070). Tried reinstalling Battle.net and SC2. No dif.

1 Like

Same here, pls fix, Same here, pls fix

I feel ya there we just got to be patient and wait for Blizz to implement a game fix for us who got tricked into updating to the newer version of windows update.

Still was really excited to do Achievement Campaign Runs tonight.

Update:Guys it worked for me all i had to do was navigate to the SC2switcher_x64 and do run compability mode for win 8 and waited ten minutes after green loading bar it worked.

1 Like

Same issue here…Same issue here…Same issue here…

1 Like

Hey Mat try my temporary fix :stuck_out_tongue: it just worked.