[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

Gotcha… solved my problem :joy:

Hi I seem to be experiencing the same problem. Is there an official fix from blizzard?

1 Like

Same too can’t connect to Americas server. Stuck at green loading bar back n fro & game not launching.

Have uninstalled batnet desktop app & sc2. Then reinstalled both. Didn’t work.

My game does not work as well, it tells me to either reopen or not reopen window, both result in me having to force quit since my game does not open even after 15 min. I’ve tried all the steps in Article ID: 153491 as well as reinstalling SC2 and battlenet. I was still able to play yesterday. Please advise.

Same here. Started for me two days ago. As usual, at first it only takes like 5 secs to startup and now it takes 10-15 minutes. Blizzard please help.

interesting…SC2 took about 5 seconds to open, now I’ve done the steps above and it takes 2 seconds or less to open–and doesn’t show the loading bar when I deleted the renamed folder.

However, a day passed and the loading bar appears again…but it takes 2 seconds or less to open still, so…?

6 Likes

I haven’t played in a couple of months but decided I wanted to jump in today. game patched up and I launched… and I fell into this rabbit hole of trying to figure out whay it wont launch.

reinstalled batlenet, ran a file scan tried the zipped config file. nothing has worked.

FWIW I play NA with a client I bought and originally DL in NA, but that was a couple of computers ago and I’ve also relocated to Thailand. BUT, as recently as 2-3 months ago I was playing just fine from here, with the current install.

I play WoW from here with no problems too. loads right up.

Lame to wait 10 minutes for a game to load up.

Thanks for the help. Works like a gem now after using your method to replace the config folder.

Weird how that solution works for some but not others…

anyway, since nothing else seems to have worked, i decided WTH and uninstalled and am now re installing SC2.

Maybe it will fix it. I can’t see how it will make it more broken.

Update: Full uninstall and reinstall did not fix the issue, I guess if I want to play some SC i have to open the app and go do something else for 20 minutes.

2 Likes

i have the same here…ermm…what the odds

1 Like

same thing happening to mine

1 Like

key-2c37ee593d8e0c07 = cb017b81e2071b3984f8d380c7770777
key-145df70b651ef9d7 = 4258eefa148c94c5cd0ad0f65f4b05f0

This is what comes out from the link provided.

This worked for me! thanks!

not sure what kind of alchemy this is but this works much better than releasing and renewing my ip. thanks a bunch

this works!!! thank you so much

heh, thank Talv, not me, lol

@Talv fix surely does the magic, game load in less thanx 3 secs, BUT it took longer queue in Co-Op, sometimes it failed.
Well no matter what fix you choose (@M3rl1n or @Talv) it only temporary I hope. Blizzard should’ve fixed this issue months ago.

same!

please correct problem…
i just got ur game!

I was hoping with the new season, maybe we’d get a fix…

Nope. Still doing those 10 minute startups.

1 Like

I posted a solution - Click Here