Main Thread - Error when joining or making lobby

People should step back and consider the problem could potentially be a lot larger than their inability to play a small subset of games within a video game.

There has been a major cybersecurity attack that has hit thousands of companies including the US government. It was a highly sophisticated attack affecting companies such as Intel, NVidia, Microsoft, etc.

Be patient.

1 Like

That was weeks ago and has nothing to do with BattleNet’s servers. Did the cyberattack turn off the comms of customer support too? They’ve acknowledged this game-breaking issue a total of 4 times in 14 days.

2 Likes

Personnaly, I can play Co-Op. Maybe 1/3 of the times it times out though, but you just try again and it works.

I can play 2v2 as well, it tends to be more problematic but can still get games working.

Sadly, replays, players match history, most arcade games, all that doesn’t work yet.

PapiPyro:
The experts that are researching the attack don’t even know how bad it is.
How can you say it has nothing to do with BattleNet’s servers?

Blizzard was hiring for an administrative role for the software/service that was compromised, and I’m speculating they are one of the companies that were affected.

Fenix:
I have a similar experience. I can play 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 1vsAI, 2vsAI, 3vsAI, Ranked, and Unranked. The only part I am unable to get to work is Custom Melee games. Agreed that shared replays also don’t work.

Just here to let blizzard know, i’m having the same issue. It has been persistent for weeks. Please fix and thxs in advance.

Hi Jambrix,

I can make Melee ladder maps and have been for the past few days, but can’t do anything in Arcade including Starcraft Master, Hotkey Trainer, and Unit Tester.

They’re not great, but they work.

You can brute force yourself into games. In my experience, playing regular games of 2v2 or 3v3 with friends doesn’t work 100% of the time, but just queueing up we get into games eventually and it generally doesn’t take long.

Other option which I’d recommend more for Arcade/Custom games would be going to the Asia/Korea region. It has given me barely any issues and the ping isn’t a massive issue though it’s not ideal still compared to playing in appropriate regions.

Some other things I’ve seen is restarting the game seems to help though I personally just brute force it to an extent. Co-op I haven’t tried at all but I believe it has issues that can likely be circumvented the same way.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Absolutely. But the entire starting point of my original comment was saying people need to calm the hell down with what they’re saying. I seen some people mentioning suicide rates, mentioning class action law suits and who the hell knows what else.

At the end of the day, being upset is fine and justified and complaining is warranted. But how people are almost threatening is pathetic.

I’m also kind of upset about this situation . this has been going on for sometime now. there is no feedback from blizzard other then they are looking into the matter. there is no update or anything regarding the status of what the actual issue is. SC2 is being neglected because it is free 2 play. but blizz needs to keep in mind of the people that actually purchased the game before it was free to play. if this had to be a new blizz release game I can almost certainly say that this issue would’ve been fixed in an hour or so.

5 Likes

Now, I could be wrong about this, but I have a HUNCH that the admins told the support staff not to reply until some change happens–whether it’s a security resolution, a company change, or whatever–so that they don’t give any ‘promises’ or ‘too much’ information, etc. Just from my experience working in support and in banking/fraud prevention for all these years and all the details hidden from customers and times we’ve been told to keep our mouths shut and once in a while ordered to say ‘we’re looking into it’ to appease the upset people so they don’t leave but without one concern for them since they’re just ‘customers/consumers’ and there are ‘so many of them that we’ll be ok’. Based on my recent ticket/request for more info being abruptly closed without response after an initial one shortly after the issue with the same reply as usual, I’m connecting the dots. It seems to me that the communication is too shockingly bad to not be a decision somewhere on the chain of command. IF I’m right, this is a typical–and TERRIBLE–way to handle things and foreshadows big problems for them. Just wanted to throw that out there.

3 Likes

Yup, I worked corporate for years. Too many consumers to care about as long as the income stays steady. I’d it dips a bit, no big deal. Not worth answering all support tickets.

1 Like

Still broken, let me check… yep still broken

5Head, thats what i like to see. Someone who an smell the B.S who has worked in the field! Thanks for your service

1 Like

things I have learned, you don’t need a degree to do anything IT it can all be learned on site, most tech supporters read off a script, and more than half understand enough that if taught they can normally do the job as good or better than the main IT team with little or no schooling

It’s sad to see how slow the situation has been addressed. And thinking about the announcement of a few weeks ago from Blizzard that they won’t invest anymore on SC2…well, it doesn’t look really good.
Hopefully it’ll be fixed, but I guess the game has been killed.

there’s going to be maintenance today at 10 PST, wait to blow up after the maintenance, they were probably on their holiday break, they don’t work on the weekends, they probably had to assess the situation yesterday, today they’re putting their assessment to work…a games not dead until no one plays it…you can still get a co-op match almost instantly, and I’m guessing when 1v1 works all of the time, there’s still going to be a powerful player base…just look at SC1, a 20 year-old game.

that is only for WOW, if its not they need to make a public statement saying otherwise

It’s for SC2. 10-11am PST.

Hopefully it’s the fix were waiting for.

5 Likes

Leviathan, so what happened exactly would be nice to know what the problem is.

2 Likes