Main Thread - Error when joining or making lobby

Iā€™ve been connecting on and off on SC2 for a few days, I mostly play arcade, because itā€™s fun. Except Iā€™ve not been able to play a game at all, and Iā€™m sort of puzzled as to why thereā€™s no aknowlegement of this from Blizzard at all. A little ā€œWe are currently experiencing issues on game modes X and Y, we are working hard to resolve the issue.ā€ would go a long way.
An ETA would be even better, but just a tiny teeney little message from Blizz would be nice.

1 Like

This is exactly why I stopped playing Blizzard games in the first placelooks like Iā€™m done with all of Blizzard games now way to go grifters.

1 Like

This is pathetic - an incredibly long term downtimeā€¦ I understand glitches happen, but this is way too long. Did you drop support for your services or something Blizz? I wonā€™t be playing any other games from you, if this is how you treat a community.

1 Like

Agreed, itā€™s mind-boggling that thereā€™s no noticeā€¦ theyā€™ve added notices in the past. Really makes me wonder if Blizz is ending support for SC2 or something?

Not a happy camper, but also somewhat relieved that the problem wasnā€™t related to my recent upgrade to Big Sur too. Itā€™s inexcusable that Blizzard hasnā€™t at least acknowledged the problem.

Hello everyone,

We definitely have not forgotten about this issue and we have been watching this thread. We hear your feedback. I understand not being able to play custom games can put a damper on holiday plans. :frowning:

What we have seen so far is that the error may come and go depending on the time of day, and not all maps are affected equally. Some of the most frequently played maps may be unaffected for example.

I can confirm that our Starcraft team is working on this issue and are working to isolate the root cause, so hopefully it should not be much longer until itā€™s all cleared up. We will make sure to update this thread once itā€™s confirmed fixed.

18 Likes

Thank you for the reply that much is greatly appreciated.

Clicking on watch replay with others will always trigger the issue for me. Regardless of the map or replay I use. It does work on korea, though.

why is it the only maps that show up are the ones that Blizzard normally sponsors? and almost all others are now unplayable?

99% sure this will be fixed after new years. either that or devs have stopped caring.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update!

NA never works, EU sometimes works, Asia always works.

I have that too, only some maps work for me!

What is a five letter word that starts with s and ends in y?

1 Like

Not enough, not nearly. Iā€™m not going to thank you for doing a halfazz job with some paltry semi-apology. 2 blue posts in a week, really?

How old is this game? How many techs does it take to fix what should be a non-issue? Some lackluster status ā€œupdateā€ doesnā€™t cut it. A responsive and responsible company would call in the manpower and have this fixed the day it happened. Your performance to date, and your pathetic attempt at empathy, is an embarrassment.

Just get it fixed. We already bought the game; you already have the money. We shouldnā€™t even need to have this conversation.

9 Likes

No, Asia server did not worked for some hours yesterday. That is Chinese server (NetEase Inc. server) always works.

You were lying since your post was not deleted

2 Likes

I only play Blizzard Melee Maps and can not form a lobby. EU is the same. Works fine in Asia Region.

1 Like

The passive aggressiveness in your message isnā€™t appreciated. Activision has systematically dismantled Blizzard staff since the merger. The company that created Starcraft and fostered the culture that many of us in the 00ā€™s is no longer here.

I of all people understand that the RTS genre is dying. The failure of C&C 4 was the final nail in the coffin. The RTS community is becoming more and more niche. Do you know why? Because of how you have handled and treated your customers.

Do you this stuff to the Chinese servers? No. Because the Chinese government would not allow it. You donā€™t care about us. I have not bought an Activision product since Black OPs II and Iā€™ll never buy one again. We bought your products because they were good products. We use your services because they were good services. I have bought War Chests, every co-op commander, premium games and Starcraft novelizations. I love this game. I love this community. I played SC first back in 1998.

I know itā€™s cliche for communities to attack game creators. Gamers are toxic, angry and simple minded. Whatā€™s not cliche is for a company who has broken stock records in the US to abandon a Triple A product. The PRC is a horrible regime and commits genocide. Whatever monstrosity Activision has made Blizzard into is the antithesis of the goal that Blizzard had for itself.

Profits are all you care about. Weā€™re in a pandemic. People are dying from suicide in record numbers. These custom maps are an escape from the hellscape the US economy and social climate has become. This interactive electronic entertainment is all some people have right now.

I know for a fact that none of this would ever happen in China. The Chinese market is far too precious for you to lose and the PRC would fine you if this happened there. The reality is that you donā€™t care. You could call in a team of hardware/software engineers and server architects that you have on staff and you could fix this. But because it may affect your yearly earnings, you just donā€™t care.

I hope everyone who reads this realizes that you arenā€™t an American company anymore. You have abandoned us for your PRC profits. This may have even been intentional. Starcraft II isnā€™t profitable, there is little justification in keeping the servers up. Just create a massive bug, donā€™t fix it and let it kill off the player base.

17 Likes

I want LAN mode patched into it, I mean I guess I could hack it in there if they wont if anything

2 Likes