Lowko gets promoted with Skytoss

Lowko talks about about how Skytoss is overpowered unless you are Top tier GM or Pro. So he switches from Zerg to Protoss, and ends up in GM1 himself! Pretty funny!

4 Likes

To be fair, it is well established that protoss late game is easier until you reach the highest levels. Most of the complaints are aimed at the highest level (or at least the ones you can take seriously).

3 Likes

If one race provides higher performance for equal skill, that race is overpowered.

3 Likes

Spellcasters good unit

Sure in your deranged world Skill=APM, so if you put a bunch of concert-piano-players to compete in SC2, they will all be GM and in a couple of months Code-S players…
This despicable clown reinvented RTS in RTFc (Real-Time-Fast-Click).
He excludes the “clicking” of the brain-work in the game and his conclusions are ready for the latrines…

2 Likes

It’s literally in the chart. It’s a fact. Sorry but delusion isn’t a valid argument. APM has a clear relationship with skill.

1 Like

Not necessarily. You will never have a game were the skills of the races are the same, this is just impossible. Also some times harder comps are harder because they have more potential, and others are easier because they are not very microable hence they are overall weaker. Also You forgot the second part of my post, it is easier until you reach the highest level. Lambo (zerg player) recently made a video explaning explaining that Late game Toss is just as hard as zerg at the highest level because of all the units you need to control with different control groups (templars, tempest, carriers, oracle, motherhip, each of these are better off in different hotkeys which makes the micro really hard)

6 Likes

You don’t need to. You just need equal reward for equal skill regardless of what that skill may be.

I’m not convinced that being easier to do translates to weaker / lower skill ceiling. I think it DOES translate to less skilled / less motivated players playing it but I don’t think it drags down the peak potential. In fact based on some basic facts about the game it’s almost certainly not the case. If micro is easier then you can do more of it so the skill ceiling is pushed higher by the easier micro. It’s the same for multitasking. Micro that is easier can be done more reliably across multiple locations meaning a higher performance peak.

AlphaStar went 3-0 against Serral back before all these crazy Zerg nerfs, using the APM budget of a typical Grandmaster. So the potential to win is there for Protoss the players are just bad and I don’t think that should be confused with Protoss having a lower skill ceiling.

1 Like

Blowko blows :smiley: :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

lmao,Serral so washed up that lost againt a bot.

Nothing new with this claim. Always a race / unit / game problem. Never the player.

Topic #1. Cheers.

================================================================================

The explanation was serral being unable to play properly partly because he didnt have his hotkey setup.

This result had nothing to do with ballance since i think florencio beat it and unless youre willing to say florencio is a better player than serral (wich everyone would agree is wrong) and florencio has any chances of beating serral wich nobody would think then ballance was not a reason for this result.

1 Like

lol, top GMs and pros are losing to Protoss all the time. Mana just 2-0’d Rogue with void rays and he does this all the time.

1 Like

Big :brain: of sc2 have spoken…