Low FPS unplayable

just upgraded to a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 03G-P4-6162-KR, 3GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) hoping to get better fps no difference upgraded to windows 10 32bit from win 7 no difference 4 gb ram core 2 quad i use to play sc2 just fine years ago i got 2 fps in my last 4v4

Hey Sparky,

Starcraft 2 really relies heavily on CPU performance. That Core 2 Quad CPU is probably the reason for your low FPS, to be completely honest. An Intel Core 2 Duo is actually the minimum requirement for the game currently.

Even with the upgraded GPU I’d recommend to try lowering the game settings and lowering the resolution to see if you can get more FPS that way.

If you haven’t already you’re also free to try going through our Starcraft II Performance Issues article and testing the steps there.

I’ve played thousands of games years ago 4v4’s with that same Core 2 Quad with 5 Generations less of a video card and played perfectly i only play on low now with a low res and still have low FPS it says overclocked video cards are a nono well almost every card is now a days what card should i buy?

core 2 quad comes in many different configurations. the strongest is clocked at 3 ghz. they are however very expensive these days, meaning that you could likely get a new pc cheaper. as for your gpu: you should go for something with a minimum of 2 fans. i have had 2 different gpus with 1 fan overheat and shut down. none of that is your problem however. starcraft 2 is very memory heavy and with a 32 bit operating system: you are unable to use all of your ram. that is your problem. if you changed to a 64 bit operating system however, you would be able to use more of your ram. you could then also upgrade your ram but, you are at your system`s limit until you change to 64 bit. sorry for a slighty long post.

A post was split to a new topic: IMDDK - Low Performance