Liberators need a nerf

This game is so stupid oppressing with liberators being able to pump two out of a time with reactor . The amount of damage they do . The time it takes to set them up. Their ven diagram of lasers shot down on you one shotting workers . They’re anti air capabilities . Please either make them longer to set up , or put them on tech lab . Or have damage nerf . Or make them shoot considerably slower .its like what does zerg do against mass mech with thors siege tank hellbat mass liberator . I mean i understand that the nydus needed a nerf but liberators counter lurker. Mass thor’s counter brood lords . I mean damn .

3 Likes

Vipers?

Move around the big slow Lib ball?

Counter-attack?

Corruptors?

8 Likes

Nah he just bad
Like really bad

4 Likes

Oh, Libs are strong - but Zergies do have answers to them.

Thors now…ugh.

1 Like

Vipers are counter to Thor.

Even if you lose it, its so worth if you get abduction out, which you always will unless theres 10 thors. In such case, why do you have only one viper…

Also, neural is super hard counter and so are lings.

2 Likes

In isolation, sure.

The problem is more, to me:

• The existence of thors basically negates mutalisks.
  • Thors+support.
1 Like

Thors are not that great vs Mutalisks. Mutalisks should not engage the Thors, but go around them and kill SCVs, as they are purely offensive units.

1 Like

Support units of thors wont be able to hit vipers, they will work great most of the time. Same with infestors thanks to insane range and expansive detection terran has.

Mutalisk are fine unless zerg uses a-move. Thor aoe wont hit 2 mutalisks in move commanded flock.

Another way is simple ling bane. Just dont let banes explode on thors, use those to push away support units.

2 Likes

Liberators are fine. Terran has the strongest Air, but not because it is overly strong, Zerg can very much compete with Terran Air, with Vipers alone.

Paradoxically, Protoss as the weakest Air.

I wouldn’t call terran air strongest. It is too vulnerable to aoe to be reliable.

As support, its great.

2 Likes

It has the greatest AoE by far (AMM + Liberators). Terran Air also has the very cost efficient Viking, the sturdy Battlecruiser, and the underappreciated Banshee (great against any ground target, and kills Hydralisks in 3 volleys).

1 Like

That option is great, but specifically requires you to go mass air. So it is vulnerable to spells like Parasitic Bomb and Fungal that do not require mass air to pull off.

HT are less dangerous by comparison because Liberators can one-shot them with upgrades and outrange them more consistently. The HT are also slower and cannot hide like Infestors. Archons also share the range + killed by Liberators issue with High Templar. I’m inclined to agree with Playa that Protoss air is poorly designed or sucks with the exception of the Phoenix.

Well, everything as trade-offs.

I keep saying that Storm and Feedback should be buffed. At least of them would be nice. HTs suck vs Terran as a whole, when they used to be at least good vs units with Energy.

Watching some GSL, a lot of zergs seem to refrain from using mutas aside from a very tactical play, due to how effectively they can be chased by thors combined with medivacs.

Unless you are building a crazy critical mass of mutas, turrets are also moderately effective at repelling them.

Zerg refrain from using Mutalisks, the same way Terran refrains from using Banshees. Once other units get nefed because of balance crying, then the players will use the units they currently do not, and people will just start to say those units were OP all along.

I am a Silver player, Gold at most, but a few days ago, I actually went mass Banshee, and blasted through Hydralisks and Spores so easily, my opponent just asked me why Terran never uses this obviously OP unit.

I told him I did not know because I play mostly Protoss, but I suspected that it is the same reason Zerg never makes Mutas, because they never see “pros” making them, and so they unconciously believe those options are useless.

Mutalisks are one of the most cost effective harrassement units in the game. The Starcraft equivalent of the assault helicopter from other games, and they can attack both Air and Ground, with a chain attack that is great at killing workers and low HP units (Infestors, Ravens, High Templar, Sentries, Marauders, Adepts, Reapers, Roaches, Vipers and Oracles).

Against hydras? Your opponent made a serious mistake. Banshees are generally a harass unit, or a very niche counter (some sort of mass roach play early). If an army consisting mostly of banshees works, this isn’t them being good - it’s your opponent being silly.

2 Likes

Yes. A Banshee can kill an Hydralisk in 3 volleys, at Lvl2 Weapons Upgrade they can do it with 2 volleys. Banshees are also very fast and can cloak to get out of trouble. They work a lot like Void Rays with Flux Vanes, in that they are great Battering Rams to throw into your opponents production or tech buildings, which they bring down extremely fact.

That is completely wrong.

Banshees deal 12 x2 damage with +1 upgrades. They take 4 volleys to kill a Hydralisk (90 HP) regardless of upgrades, and weapon and armor upgrades against Banshees will cancel each-other out. Your opponent has to be an idiot to neglect armor upgrades against air, since almost all air units (with the exceptions of Liberators against ground, Oracles, and Tempests) are disproportionately affected by them.

Banshees can beat Hydralisks in particular through cloaking (if there is no detection) or by using a combination of stacking and hit-and-run against the edge of the Hydralisk clump such that few Hydralisks get to fight back; but the opponent can easily reverse that using Corruptors, Fungal, Microbial Shroud, or Parasitic Bomb for support.

Mass Banshees is generally a composition that only works when your opponent doesn’t know how to fight it, or when they are significantly worse than you as a player.

1 Like

Kills hydra in 3 volleys? Wow tell me more, i especially like my super expensive banshee ball dying to everything in a straight up fight, and getting stormed/parasitic bombed
As the previous guy said, great as support

1 Like

I am hopeful that one day, devs will give Terran the ability to pump out 10 liberators at a time - without the need of a starport per unit - and that the devs give the liberator the ability to urinate on enemy structures. Call the new skill ‘corrosive hydraulic emission.’

EZPZ

1 Like