Leveling prestige should be faster?

\3. My POV:

My barebones argument for what needs to change at a minumum: The ordering/dependency of Prestiges needs to go. (TL;DR: Select your specific prestige to level up.)

• A level 15 Raynor is stronger than a level 10 Raynor, and a level 10 Raynor is stronger than a level 5 Raynor (for that one player). I hope we can all agree that this is true and obvious.
  • So it makes sense that leveling up is a sequential process.
  • Prestige power levels don’t work this way, nor are they designed to be this way.
    • I don’t know of any CO where a majority of people would say P3 > P2 > P1 and hence we have to work our way up from P1 to P3 (in which case, no one would then play P1 or P2).
  • So Prestiges shouldn’t be ordered or only-sequentially gained.

If Prestiges weren’t sequential, then you could level up just the ones you really want and there would be fewer reasons to ask for a boost to prestiging XP. (I said Fewer, not None.)

Examples:

• They way I like to play Raynor, P3 is far more useful than P1 or P2. For me, it’s P0 or P3. But I had to do it 3 times to get P3.
  • Vorazun: I wanted P3 the most and enjoy P1 too. So 1 million wasted XP leveling P2.
  • Karax & Zeratul might have been the only CO’s for whom I wanted all 3 prestiges but not in the order I had to do it. 3x leveling up anyway, so fine, let those be.
  • Stukov: I would have tried P3 anyway, even though I don’t enjoy it as much as P1 or P0. But P2 was a waste of my time.
  • Swann: I only want P3 coz it suits the way I play him (badly).

(I’ve done 23 prestiges, 24 and 25 are WIP.)

4 Likes

That’s an overstatement. If you miss some of the boons from 15+ 90+ lvl commander you learn to adapt and use some tricks which may give you more insight on your 90+ play, even if it will be helpful only to adapt to some emergency situation or specific mutation. I rethought alot of stuff when getting to Karax P2 for example. And my raven control did improved when i was leveling with Nova P1, because i got less ravens there and was more inclined to save these from death. The same goes for most of the commanders.

Blizzard might listen and make some changes…if you look at Overwatch they do that alot.Sc2 team might also do the same

2 Likes

Sorry if i sound pesimist, but i have my doubts, mainly because the example you show, it is at the same time a good example of the decadency of the company, because OW have a big lot of time without anything relevant, the changes that had made till now, doesnt feel like changes, it feel more like glorified filler.
Iwant to believe that the devvelopers of sc2 give something more interesting, but we nedd to remeber and dont forget that whos in charge is activision, and well… I think this joke tells itself.

1 Like

You might right Rozen.
Since you play OW it must feel difference comparred to the beginning of the year
We we had double shield 100% till now where people play hammond + Dva…starting this year that would not be an option.
As for me, my Lucio has always been my main and lately people aren’t beeing a jerk when I take Lucio.
Starting this year, everytime I picked Lucio he was not meta…even if I am a good Lucio…people think he would be bad even before the match started.

Yes Overwatch could do alot and alot more…but if they put every effort in OW2 I think it would be worth it…still even without new heroes the patches, tweaks and changes had a big impact …the time to do so just took a long time

1 Like

Well in my personal case, i can say that those thing of meta and competitive, i dont like it at all, mostly because i see that is the worst of the game, i mean the toxic players alwasy gather around that, even if is a casual match, the ones that only enter the people for fun or unlock the “new recolor” that disguise of “new skin” there still much toxicity, only to say i been flamed in a couple of times, only because i dont want play in the meta they want in the mode of supreme chaos(i dont know whats the name of this mode in english sorry if im named wrong)
I like play with lucio too, for me it feel very comfortable the form of healing he has, but the champion that i most like to play is sombra, i like to get behind the others only to hack them and if is a widowmaker i finish her quick with a full round of heatshots. But with the lack of content and the repetitive of the game, saddly its been a lot of time since i leave the game, i think that in this halloween maybe update my client only to see if there is somethhing that maybe catch my attention, but i have my doubts
Its to sad that we have to wait OW2 to see real content, becasue the content that was anounced for OW2 i dont know you, but for me feels like that is something that OW1 must have for defaul.

Why for? There is a good game on which OW was based. So no need even in overwatch. It’s too early for second game if it’s not another try to get money for redundant “new” game in series.

You mean that game whos name is the same of one of the classes of the wow? XD the one who start with “P”?