Keeper of Shadows

I’ve never played Vorazun before, though I’ve heard that Shadow Guards is almost useless outside of clearing expansion early on.

Does this mean Keeper of Shadows is actually the best prestige for Vorazun, since it makes a lackluster skill useful at almost no drawback?

From my standpoint they have potential.
Every Shadow Guard you use stacks and they will be released in time stop.
The more you use the Shadow Guard the better, they boast incredible ground power.
Personally I wish Time Stop can make everything cloak so other non-cloaked units can benefit (The name is “Keeper of Shadows” after all).

I’ve got this on PTR & NA and if they fix the 5-minute Time Stop bug (if it’s not an undocumented nerf) then it will be my default for Vorazun.

Really helps with her opening:

You will need to (should) spam SG whenever it’s off cooldown and if you generally put down Dark Pylon’s or use Black Hole during the opening stages, you’ll need to put more/all points into initial SoA. And put all the 2nd powerset points into SG duration so that you get 72-second SG’s. At the default of 36 secs, it makes this prestige pointless.

But if it’s a nerf and not a bug, then with the 40% SG duration penalty, it’s a hard-no for me.

It’s fun and straight upgrade. Get it, play it, own the mission with it.

Vorazun’s “Keeper of shadow” is a power snowball, the longer the game goes the more Over-Powered the time stop generated shadow guards numbers become, if you constantly spam "Shadow Guards through the game.

It’s a bit like Dehaka’s Broodbrother (P3) in a way, in that there’s (essentially) no downside, but it’s up to you how much of an advantage you make of it.

Your first Shadow Guard will only last 40 sec instead of 60, but the moment you get Time Stop out you’ll get an extra free 40 sec. So here’s your Shadow Guard uptime in the early game:

Prestige Mastery? Duration First Use Free Use Uptime 3–6
Base No 60 3:00–4:00 N/A 33%
P3 No 36 3:00–3:36 4:00–4:36 40%
Base Yes 120 3:00–5:00 N/A 67%
P3 Yes 72 3:00–4:12 4:12–5:24 80%

80% uptime is pretty amazing. At that point you can forget about Keeper of Shadows and just play normally if you like, but with 4 Shadow Guard in each Time Stop. To get more out of it, you will be making a trade: every time you cast Shadow Guard in the future, you lose out on Black Holes and Dark Pylons. If I remember rightly, it takes her 3 minutes to generate 50 energy, which is the Shadow Guard cooldown. So if you go ‘all-in’ you’ll only be casting Shadow Guard.

Is that a good idea? Maybe not, but you can choose to cast it rarely or never and you’re still getting something.

2 Likes