It's Christmas! Please bring back classic ladders

We have classic WoW so how about classic WoL? C’mon Blizzard, you killed a game that meant a LOT to members of your community. Don’t be such a grinch and restore our ladders.

I was a dedicated WoL player and although we had solid queue times our numbers paled in comparison to lotv. We are insignificant numbers wise but we are passionate about OUR StarCraft 2 that was taken away.

A restored WoL ladder would be an awesome Christmas gift.

7 Likes

Kinda agreed. WoL and HotS ladder were places people went when the game felt sucky. Now there’s…ugh…coop and arcade maps…

4 Likes

I can understand why blizzard doesnt want to cut the player base at all, but i think itd be awesome if they brought it back as some sort of christmas event… Even if it was temporarily.

They need to do more cool events like that.

yes. I used to play arcade games. They are NOT very noob friendly. Tried to get my clan into it. It was an awful experience. When I was in another clan they were all obsessed with arcade and they expected you to be an expert at all of the games.

1 Like

I agree, they need to bring back the classic Starcraft 2.
Arcades and custom games sucks. Is impossible to find a equal opponent and playing versus AI is boring.
Like DankTemplar said, the old ladders were a place to escape LotV, that is a bad version. Now I escape to other games.

Good, get gone with you and your negativity

It’s not coming back and will never come back. Get over yourselves and grow up manchildren.

nobody actually played them when they were around, wish they did but rip

But they were played.
10-20% of games played were from classic ladders.
Fun fact, even with f2p update, the number of games played in LotV never surpassed HotS in 2013 (not counting WoL classic), when it was the main ladder. Is clear to see which one is better.

Im going to want to see a source on that. That sounds like an exceptionally dubious claim.

1 Like

Just look at Ranked FTW.

What I loved about StarCraft II Wings of Liberty whas the beginner league. It whas so herrlich noobig, nearly every one stayed in his base and mayby build an expo where he build on his 200 Supply army and the first who finished attack first.
It whas an unspoken agreement and those all in battles where fun as hell.

1 Like

Yeah they need revert whole game to hots. Lotv is garbage can, reason this game is dead…

Agreed, nowadays there any other place to go.

They cannot bring ladder at least ranked ladder for old expansion to be played by 100 people. Also pointless bump of very old threads

Sc2 WOL>HOTS>LOTV
WIN7>WIN8>WIN8.1>WIN10>WIN11
Politically incorrect but this is the truth. Let’s go back…
never buy lotv for me it is not starcraft. the races are already “symmetrical” the boring maps, too many units and the position on the map is not important … the strategy is conspicuous by its absence

Hard disagree, nothing enjoyable about the start of every game being so long I could make a sandwich before anything interesting happens.

Lol yeah, enjoy no DX12 and increasing security concerns due to Win7 having its support dropped in Jan 2020. No Elden Ring on Win7.

There’s always those that prefer stagnation.

The races are completely distinct still…no idea why you think they’re all identical. The maps are balanced, that’s the point. I would rather have 8 similar maps that are balanced than 8 completely distinct maps where you can know the winner by what race they’re playing on the map (cough bw cough). Positioning is still critical. You see losses due to bad positioning all the time. Believe it or not, strategy still wasn’t affecting you in WoL or HotS unless you were Top GM. Mechanics > Strategy in literally every single RTS. That’s intrinsic to the “real time” part of it. You can be a strategic genius but if you have 20 APM you’re just going to lose because you don’t have as much stuff. That was still true in WoL. If you want a 100% big brain strategy game you’ll have to play Turn Based Strategy games where mechanics do not matter at all, it’s only strategy. It’s amazing to me that in 2022 people still don’t get that about RTS.