Infestors are extremely stupid

I used to believe only serral can use them well. Then I realized basically any Zerg player can use them well. All the WCS late game, every Zerg player is massing them. Especially this game. The entire game Special played with basically no major mistakes but he couldn’t push because Raynor simply BUILT infestors. And he tired to counter them with liberators and turns out infestors also counter liberators.
I have no idea why this unit exisits, and I am going to be interested to see how people are going to defend them.

在 www.twitch.tv 上观看 StarCraft 的 WCS Summer - Day 3
16 Likes

MyohMind in 5,4,3,2,1 and…

9 Likes

Here come the zerg players trying to tell that you need masters degree in computer science to play with 20 infestors. It is honestly sad watching ZvT and ZvP games after 20th minute looking at how they can’t do anything about the slow pushing spore wall with no real counterplay options.

16 Likes

How many alternate account you going to make to cry about Infestors. Just generally interested. It’s obvious by now that we all know who you really are.

3 Likes

+1000000000000000000000000

But hey, raven does 5dmg??? Omfg bliZ pls nerf t hi z to 0 asap

14 Likes

Go ahead. Nerf the infestor into oblivion.

When zerg aa is crap again ill sit there and say i told you so.

6 Likes

Buffed infestor, buffed Viper, nerfed carrier, nerfed Raven, nerfed Feedback…

Cry about how you need more AA…

10 Likes

Fungal slowing and free units gaining benefits from upgrades made this happen.

7 Likes

Few things are even more terrifying to tier 3 Toss air than mass queens. From the get go, this race just clowns on you. Prob will buff queen’s range by 2 to compensate for any damage nerf to infestor.

When the balance team makes your mass teleport building invincible, for no reason whatsoever in the world, that’s when you know you definitely picked the right race, if Zerg.

7 Likes

Because some people actually know how to split micro.

1 Like

No major mistakes? What game did you watch, because the game where Special right-clicks on a hatchery with his entire army and losses the entire thing for free to broods, is not a game where “no major mistakes” happened!

4 Likes

Infestors need an energy cost increase in Infested Terrans from 25 to 50 energy per Infested Terran. Also the neural range on infestors is really insanely far. It basically allows them to sit safely behind a wall of Infested Terrans and spore crawlers and make the opponents army basically useless since their units are no long even dealing damage and are rather just killing each other instead which also end up dying to the Infested Terrans.

9 Likes

Did you see the last Parting Clip? It is hilarious.
h_ttps://clips.twitch.tv/SincereIronicHawkFeelsBadMan

1 Like

Lmfao that was f#cking hilarious

NP is AA? Abduct does a similar if not better job.

Fungal is AA? Should it be AA with Parabomb existing?.

IT’s are definitely AA.

1 Like

My God. I tremble at the idea of MyOh in the capable hands of the duo Ace/ShatZ. If MyOh would surrender voluntarely to the tender-care of Goba Facility he would spare to himself a lot of trouble like…being skinned-alive and the MyOh taned hide decorate the Greater Spire where Ace/ShatZ are employed…

This dangerous troll has the days numbered, a lot of Protoss/Zerg troubles are billed to this Crypto-Terran.
The Day of Judgments is approaching…

1 Like

The infestores are not going to be nerfed again until oblivion. There was a reason to buff them and it was that nobody used them. The only thing that could be done is to make it a more specialized unit. What means to nerf it in one aspect and buff it in another. If the unit gets too much nerf, nobody will use it. Having useless units is not good for the game and it’s not the goal of the balance team

2 Likes

The unit is needed to counter skytoss in PvZ and in TvZ with ghost upgrade coming up, I don’t think it’s an issue for TvZ. Ghosts are rarely seen, well they will be needed again. At least w snipe are cost efficient, it’s hard to get them with mech though thats why Special did not go much into them.

1 Like

Right, unlike Maru, who lost to Scarlet. After all, She MADE infestors. She MADE them. She deserves to win!

1 Like

Reapers(outside of early game)
Adepts(outside of early game or all ins)
Voidrays(All PvX match ups)
Ultralisk(ZvZ and ZvP)
Lurkers(TvZ)
Colossus(PvP and PvZ).
Mutalisk(Mid-late game)
Mech(In TvP)
Storm(PvP)

It counters everything in PvZ once you get enough of them.