Impossible (against zerg)

Where is the word “expolit”?
it’s not in the reasoning… so it’s a mechanic you didn’t want in the game. no expolit.
another example: bane +2 → prob one shot, is that an expolit? No, but it wasn’t great either.
Broodling’s waves didn’t exploit a bug in the game, it’s a mechanic you don’t want in the game.
example for expolit: BL-leash range.

Everything gets nerfed if touches marines.

Wm needs be nerfed especially against probes.

They ruined fungle just because it killed marines.

Yes because slow is cast and Zerg needs mutiple units to do what every other race can do with one unit.

Thanks for showing the imbananalance.

I’ve proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Terran is the most OP race in the overall history of Starcraft 2. Perhaps in various periods Zerg has been decent, and capable of achieving victory in small quantities, but Terran has vastly overshadowed all the other races in sheer ease of absolutely dominating the opposition even when the players of the race possess little to zero skill in actuality at the game.

Because of this, this post simply confuses me. Sorry.

Terran was overpowered at the beginning of WOL and LOTV ladders and later it was nerfed to the ground so your statement makes zero sense. And even if terran was strong in regards to overall strength, it was always the hardest and mechanically most challenging race in the game. To play terran effectively you have to overclock your brain, fingers and eyes. Mech isn’t maybe that hard to play but playing bio is absurdly difficult - unit control, multitasking etc.

See this mentality is bs statement

One all most every rts you stutter step

Only issue that marines is only unit that can instant stutter step. Which is unbalance since no other unit could do that.

So it’s broken system

See, this is the problem with people like you who don’t understand the game well enough to participate in any balance discussion.

Bio has probably the highest dps in the game and micro-ability but this is a tradeoff for being extremely squishy and fragile. Bio literally sacrifices HP, armor for great damage output and very effective engagement if terran has excellent unit control. But other units can stutter step too - stalkers, hydras, even collossi, though to a much lesser extent.

Please go back to ladder, get at least diamond and then come back - i don’t wanna clarify obvious things to people who don’t have sufficient theoretical game knowledge.

1 Like

The strongest race is actually Terran when played to perfection. Mech also trades better against Zerg

Your timming attack is not to end the game right away, but to keep the droning and zerg in check.

Thors hard counter Broodlords, it is not 2012 anymore… Also ghosts

Put some mines and then he cant amove anymore.

Ghost counters pretty much every spell caster in existence.

Get a raven … its a unit you can use … did you know that ?

Get tanks

PFs

L2P

1 Like

up to a certain point it may be true, then you get against the good terrans and defending against them multi dropping everywhere is a nightmare…

I think right now the hardest up to Masters is protoss … yeah you heard that right … everything is too costly, you lose a unit and you may as well leave the game, and one small mistake and your push is done.

1 Like

“Perfection goal that changes; never stops moving. Can chase. Cannot catch.”

Depends on the timing attack; there’s plenty of timings that are all-in.

And broodlings body block thors. It’s a micro-battle. Plus, blinding cloud exists to help with that. Ghosts are also extremely vulnerable in mech comps because of the sheer amount of splash damage that can cancel Steady targeting. They are useful, don’t get me wrong, but more for EMP than Steady Targeting in this instance.

Yep, some basic micro now becomes a requirement for Zergs when mines hit the field. It’s a big part of why there were so many complaints about them from Zergs in early Hots; suddenly they had to do basic micro where they didn’t have to before.

And it’s not like the mines can’t be used to the Zerg’s advantage by baiting mine-shots into the opponent’s army; we’ve seen it plenty of times in pro play, and you better believe it’s a lot more successful on ladder where the micro isn’t as good.

Except, ironically, vipers - given their ability to consume and regenerate energy within a few seconds. They are, at best, a soft counter for the present engagement, and frankly as with all spell caster micro, it’s a micro battle. Who gets what spells off first. EMP isn’t instant, and nor is steady-targeting, where blinding cloud and para-bomb both are instant cast spells (though para-bomb has a projectile, it’s a point and click the same way storm and blinding cloud is).

Frankly speaking, Ravens are very hit and miss in bio comps specifically, and they’re almost completely useless against pretty much every zerg unit outside of ultras, who’s sheer size means that at most, you’re only hitting a couple of them with dorito dust to reduce their armour. Scan is a much better option in general since the raven does very little, if anything to help. They’re better with mech than anything else, and mech really has no issue with burrowed banes.

Biles, blinding cloud.

See above - blinding cloud works on PFs, bunkers and turrets, did you know that? (I’m not being condescending, I’m genuinely asking - there are so many interactions in this game that so many people don’t know and this is often one of them. I love the nuances to this game!)

Agreed. Pretty much all of the above, and all of what he was saying does come down to simply playing better, I agree.

I’m not sure I agree with that. A lot of it comes down to:

A) do you die to the early push - if yes, you lose, if no, you either take damage and are a lot slower to get your deathball, making winning for either side a generally even afair, or you take no damage and can win more easily than your opponent the moment you hit your deathball, since you get it before your opponent can get the appropriate counters.

B) do you lose your prism in your push (Speaking of, why don’t Protoss players use multiple prisms for their pushes? One for microing key units, one for warp-in reinforcements that can be set further back so players can’t snipe as easily?)

1 Like

Problem with ur argument you’re adding more units for Zerg but not adding to Terran.

Any caster either viper or infestor your strongest choice is ghost.

Terran on one side is limited on ghost but because how strong it is still difficult for Zerg to deal with.

Everything favors Terran more than Zerg.

You can couple Pf and sieg tank and Zerg would have use full army strength brake that line.

Zerg is more forced into hive tech if they want to engage to brake defensive without sacrificing a whole army worth.

1 Like

Ghost. Liberator/Viking (if broodlords). Siegetank/mine, Marine Marauder Medivac.

Where Lategame Zerg is usually Viper/Infestor (rarely both, though really only the pros will use both and even that’s rare), in tandem with Ling Bane hydra lurker, or Ling Bane Ultra. Alternatively you go into corruptor broodlord depending on what you’re facing. It’s pretty rare that you’ll see ling-bane corruptor broodlord.

Mech, and Vs Mech is a little different compositionally. I do agree that controlling mech is generally easier than controlling Zerg due to its inherently tanky nature and high splash-damage.

Transitioning into mech from bio, while not impossible, is the longest transition in the game bar none, and notoriously fraught with danger and weakness during that transition.

Difficult doesn’t mean impossible. Late-game Zerg in general is difficult to deal with as it is, and given the Zerg will almost always have the larger army due to A) production mechanics B) general unit-count, C) Creep-spread, you’re hard pressed to push out and do anything.

Hence why being aggressive is so important for Terran against Zerg; their need to slow them down, limit creep, and force constant trades is what makes TvZ both exciting and even remotely close to being even on either side.

Helluva spell.

No, it really doesn’t. At best, it’s even.

1 Like

Terran production on bio would easily keep up Zerg so production.

Plus’s Zerg army is smaller since larger economy Zerg post to have.

Hive tech is in 7 min mark which gives Terran big window being upgrade higher and stronger tech out.

Terran will always have advantage over Zerg on couple things

1 unblockable scouting so this tell what Zerg has so u can build units to hard counter.

Before bring up creep only tell Zerg creep gives us ur position of attack now if it gives your unit comp and strength that is failure of Terran player.

Which is what sensor tower does which on top of scan is better since then detect stealth.

Any comp u give Zerg, Terran can build hard counter so their for its Terran advantage to win. Since Terran tools and units is better. So your argument is void because Terran should win if it uses its advantages strength and sadly I don’t see Zerg any hope winning. Zerg does but mainly because Terran didn’t use its full potential.

1 Like

Miro you might want to upgrade your sc2.
If you think Thor bl is a micro battle…
Bl must always be in thor range and thor have auto prio on air.

150Hp → 50energy over 14 seconds.
cost of the abilities: 75/100/125…
max:200
~30s-1min → Miro a few seconds. plus the way there and back and the extra actions.

Mule?

the current win condition is more bases.
and pressurise in the hope of causing damage to ecco or production.
Or if you have the bank, so much pressure that T can’t rebuild, but that’s very rare that it works.
You no longer have a real end-game comp vs terran. You are reliant on your remax mechanics.

No, no it really doesn’t. Not in late-game, at any rate, given how Zerg produces.

Army supply doesn’t necessarily equate to army size, due to the fact that Zerglings and banes are 0.5 supply each, resulting in a larger army, even though they’re equal or smaller army supply.

Yes, it is. I don’t think you understand how fast that actually is, especially considering that in previous expansions you are getting hive significantly slower at around 12-14 minutes, which if memory serves is around 8:30-10 minutes if we account for the change in game time. Terranic would know the conversion much better than I would though.

Lets put it into context though. The 2/1/1 (an admittedly outdated build) - if done perfectly - leaves the base at 4:45 and should hit no later than 5 minutes. if we start +1 weapons at exactly 5 minutes, if the push fails to do anything particularly meaningful (not uncommon for the 2/1/1) which is generally around the average time that +1 infantry weapons starts for most bio builds currently, it takes 116 seconds to finish, or 6:56. That means that you have a 4 second window to hit before hive starts. Hive takes 71 seconds to complete. That means you literally have, from the time +1 completes, to the time hive finishes, a 1:15 minute long window.

Again, not a long time.

It gives you vision and move-speed which is more than enough, and frankly is a massive advantage in itself. The better your creep-spread, the more you can see, and the stronger your engagements actually are. There’s a reason you don’t want to fight off creep as Zerg early on, and a reason players don’t want to fight on creep against Zerg at all if they can help it.

It hasn’t been uncommon in the past to see Zerg players have more than 3/4 of the map covered in creep. Granted this is harder to do these days, especially against players like Clem and to some extent Maru, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible in late-game situations.

Yep, and it got nerfed to have a much smaller vision radius than it used to. But unlike Zerg, Terran units are a lot slower to move into position; especially mech units.

Scan is also less readily available until the Iron Bank has been built which involves a good 6-10 orbital command centres; not an inexpensive cost.

Most scouting past the early game comes from drops, rather than scans, because you want the energy to be used either on clearing creep, or you want it to be used on Mules.

Oh, my bad, I didn’t realise that keeping Broodlords out of that 0.5 range difference between Thors and Broodlords means that you couldn’t micro them, especially after they got change to their movement.

It’s pretty rare that you’re relying solely on mules for income these days; as I stated previously, the Iron Bank is used less for mules (though it is used for them somewhat) and more for Scans since they’re arguably more important at that stage of the game.

You do generally get rid of some SCVs, down to around 50 supply of them from the 80 or so you’d ideally have before that point, and you don’t care to much about losing more than that, but it’s preferable that you don’t sack more than that as it seriously hampers your income quite a bit when you’d prefer to be using the orbital energy on scans instead.

Pretty much, yep, though less econ, more production since that’s arguably the weakest point for a Terran. Picking off add-ons, production structures, tech, anything you can get your hands on really.

To some extent, yeah that’s true. There’s still late-game compositions for Zerg, obviously, but they aren’t the be-all-end-all that compositions like Broodlord Infestor was back in Wings of Liberty, for example; and that’s a good thing. At least in my opinion, anyway.

Especially since it really leans more into the design and gameplay philosophy of Zerg which is literally to overwhelm them with sheer numbers and wave after wave after wave of units to whittle them down and eventually break them.

1 Like

Conversion rate is 1.4x on faster. I don’t have much else to add.

1 Like

What are you saying now? that unit count is better than unit sup?sounds very strange

But Terran has better units, so you don’t have to move them all. And because T units also have a lot of range, they cover a lot of area. Look at top T players, part of the army are siege units that don’t move the whole game. including things like Pf.

Bl 10 -thor 11,
what do you want to do there micro if the Bl animation already takes as long as snipe?

yes if broodling would live longer you could try something but currently you get more shots just for moving.

just update your game maybe you will get a better feeling for the game…

profit for yourself is always the best.

It’s just a pity that there is no philosophy in the Ghost design. .

BL has 10.5 range in the editor, and a leash range of 12.

Not always. All I’m saying is that the larger army supply doesn’t always mean more units, nothing more.

How many T players win by turtling on 4 bases, nothing more? None. Eventually, even Maru and Cure need to take bases, and Clem almost never turtles. The more bases you have, the more spread out you are, and the more you need to move the bulk of your army to defend effectively.

I’m not going to deny that you absolutely have units that defend your bases; commonly liberators for late-game DTs, for example, or a tank and a bunker or two against ling bane runbys, sure.

PFs are gigantic and expensive turrets. Nothing more.

1 Like